Rosemary Capsules I...

Notifications
Clear all

Rosemary Capsules Internally To Cure Oily Skin?

MemberMember
(@living06)

Posted : 07/27/2013 8:13 pm

I've been doing tons of research on herbs that will reduce sebum production when taken internally and found that saw palmetto seems to really do the job. However, I don't want to try it because of the side effects ; the reason why I'm looking for an herbal solution is because I want to avoid side effects. Sooo basically I came across a web page that said rosemary could help lessen oily skin but that was the only web page that mentioned taking rosemary internally to reduce oil production. Other web pages talk about rosemary as a topical external solution...but I feel like my oily skin issues are an internal problem. I just want to know if anyone has used an herb internally like rosemary to cure oily skin? Safe herbs too like the ones used in cooking not risky ones like saw palmetto.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 07/28/2013 5:13 am

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I don't really think it will do anything.

Saw palmetto is totally safe, especially for females. You will be fine if you try it. Personally if I was female I would just get on spiro and see how I react to it.

MemberMember
(@mbbento)

Posted : 07/28/2013 1:11 pm

Like he said, since you're female, I would try spiro first. It seems to help out a lot of women. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 07/28/2013 7:59 pm

I've been on saw palmetto, black cohosh, fenugreek, and milk thistle and things are improving slowly. (I'm aware that fenugreek has conflicting reviews about being a dht inhibitor, but i tried it anyway, so far so good.) I might take out the milk thistle and add stinging nettle or one that has pumpkin something in it. I can't remember what the exact name is.

I also drink nothing but spearmint tea, blueberry tea, and english black tea and along with the slight skin improvements, intestinal issues are at a minimum. I believe they are connected, not really sure how, but I always associate even slight intestinal cleansing with skin health. This helped me stop drinking sierra mist so that's a bonus.

What side effects did you read about with the saw palmetto? Just curious....

(Sidenote-I can't take spiro or most birth controls. But I seem to be a specific case-allergies and whatnot. I can only have birth controls that do not contain estrogen or any of it's derivatives. I agree with the guys, talk to your Doctor about spiro.)

MemberMember
(@living06)

Posted : 07/29/2013 10:55 am

I was reading older forums on here about saw palmetto and I read about problems with estrogen levels and how it will increase estrogen levels which will make skin worse. Hmmm but after reflecting on my research not a lot of people suffered with bad side effects. So I think I'm going to give it try, and since I already ordered rosemary capsules I'm also going to see how that goes as well.

And I did read about how some reduced their sebum production by drinking teas like green tea, spearmint tea, and peppermint tea. The problem is I absolutely hate tea... I know they have capsule supplement forms of these but idk if they'll work the same. I've slightly improved my complexion by drinking 64 oz of lemon water a day due to the lemon's alkalinizing effect when metabolized which balances internal ph supposedly. I'm not sure if its the lemon or the fact that I'm more hydrated that's doing the trick.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/29/2013 2:39 pm

Taking vitamin C and drinking green smoothies really reduces my oil production. I also really like that I'm able to reduce oil without using an androgen inhibitor.

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 07/29/2013 11:02 pm

I was reading older forums on here about saw palmetto and I read about problems with estrogen levels and how it will increase estrogen levels which will make skin worse. Hmmm but after reflecting on my research not a lot of people suffered with bad side effects. So I think I'm going to give it try, and since I already ordered rosemary capsules I'm also going to see how that goes as well.

And I did read about how some reduced their sebum production by drinking teas like green tea, spearmint tea, and peppermint tea. The problem is I absolutely hate tea... I know they have capsule supplement forms of these but idk if they'll work the same. I've slightly improved my complexion by drinking 64 oz of lemon water a day due to the lemon's alkalinizing effect when metabolized which balances internal ph supposedly. I'm not sure if its the lemon or the fact that I'm more hydrated that's doing the trick.

I definitely think you should give it a try. Start out small to make sure you don't have any allergies to it.

As far as estrogen causing acne, I don't believe this is true, but I will definitely research this as well. From what I've learned on here from my "science guys" (Omnivium, Jofo, Cbiot13 and one other but I can't remember his name right now) it's the male hormones that can cause acne and oily skin for some people. Take a look at their posts. They've been very helpful at teaching me about why our bodies produce oil.

I think I'm going to add the rosemary to my routine and see how that goes. Thanks for the tip!

As for the lemon water- that is probably one of the best things you can do for you skin so that is awesome that you are drinking that much. Great at detoxifying and I think it's the best way to consume vitamin C. That's too bad that you don't like tea, but I get it. I hate coffee a lot. For myself, I don't actually brew the tea with hot water. I cold brew it. I pop a peppermint/spearmint tea bag in a bottle of water and stick it in the fridge. If you didn't want to try that, i think the capsule form would be just as helpful. Let us know how it all goes for you!

I can't comment on the safety of all these herbal supplements because I'm still in the midst of learning about all of it, but so far I have had no negative side effects or reactions. My skin is healing and is less oily so I'm going to continue on with it. Also, not to be inappropriate, but it's making my...upper lady parts...bigger. I heard that was a side effect and naturally, that's why guys don't go this route. It's not an obvious enlargement of course, but they are just fuller and they feel more solid, I guess. I must say, I'm not unhappy with that side effect at all! :)

MemberMember
(@living06)

Posted : 07/31/2013 10:52 am

I'm on my 2nd day of taking 900mg of saw palmetto a day and so far so good. This morning I woke up with a nice dewey plump look but I didn't attribute that to the saw palmetto because I have many mornings where I wake up with a nice complexion which usually last like 10 minutes before it turns into a nasty oily mess. However that didn't happen today. I even put on a full face of makeup around 4:40am and now its almost 12 so thats practically 8hrs and didn't blot once! I usually have to blot every 30min and the blotting paper would turn completely translucent . I don't know whats going on I don't want to say it is the saw palmetto because it is only my second day. Also I haven't had any side effects but then again it's only the 2nd day. I really hope its the saw palmetto and not just a random good skin day! Tbh My hopes are high and I'm excited.

MemberMember
(@mandy54)

Posted : 08/01/2013 10:41 pm

I'm on my 2nd day of taking 900mg of saw palmetto a day and so far so good. This morning I woke up with a nice dewey plump look but I didn't attribute that to the saw palmetto because I have many mornings where I wake up with a nice complexion which usually last like 10 minutes before it turns into a nasty oily mess. However that didn't happen today. I even put on a full face of makeup around 4:40am and now its almost 12 so thats practically 8hrs and didn't blot once! I usually have to blot every 30min and the blotting paper would turn completely translucent . I don't know whats going on I don't want to say it is the saw palmetto because it is only my second day. Also I haven't had any side effects but then again it's only the 2nd day. I really hope its the saw palmetto and not just a random good skin day! Tbh My hopes are high and I'm excited.

i was wondering how many mg per capsule of saw palmetto you're taking? also is yours no less than 85% fatty acids?

i just started taking SP today as well, but only 320 mg to start. i might up the dosage in a couple days and report back with my progress.

MemberMember
(@living06)

Posted : 08/02/2013 1:02 pm

I am taking the spring valley 450mg of saw palmetto 2x a day. There is no indication on the supplement facts of the percentage of fatty acids. Also this sp supplement contains pygeum, pumpkin seed, lucopene and beta sitosterol if that helps.

For an update on my skin I'm seeing the same results as 2nd day . Skin seems normal now, but I still don't want to say it was the sp until after a month of usage.

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 08/08/2013 4:39 pm

Just wondering how your results are going.

I'm taking saw palmetto, stinging nettle, and fenugreek 3 times a day. Took out the milk thistle and black cohosh mostly because I think I really don't need 5 of them. My skin is less oily since I've started taking all of these herbal supplements. It's not 100% better, but the improvement is welcomed. Not having to blot for 6 hours is pretty awesome.

Let us know how it's going!

MemberMember
(@living06)

Posted : 08/08/2013 7:09 pm

I was on saw palmetto for about 5 days and it seemed to be greatly working. I didn't have to blot once and I could wear makeup freely. Also since the weather is very humid and hot I would sweat like crazy and get oily leathery skin, but now when I sweat it's like water and as soon as it dries my face feels so matte. However, I did stop taking saw palmetto once I received my rosemary capsules because I wanted to experiment on what herbs worked for my skin. Also, I figured if it didn't work I'll go back on SP. Well I've been taking rosemary supplements for I think 2wks now and I've had better results than the already awesome results I experienced w/ sp! I always thought that I had a cool complexion because my skin was always gray and thick with pores. Now my skin looks very alive and has warmer tones to it! The difference is so noticeable that I had to buy new makeup bc my old foundation doesn't match. Once I find a picture of my skin from before I will post but I will post how my skin looks now. Rosemary has so many benefits for skin because it improves so many internal functions...so many won't go into them now. One I will mention is that rosemary reduces sweating and I believe the organs that are involved for producing oil and sweat are the same so maybe thats a possible reason maybe

Just wondering how your results are going.

I'm taking saw palmetto, stinging nettle, and fenugreek 3 times a day. Took out the milk thistle and black cohosh mostly because I think I really don't need 5 of them. My skin is less oily since I've started taking all of these herbal supplements. It's not 100% better, but the improvement is welcomed. Not having to blot for 6 hours is pretty awesome.

Let us know how it's going!

MemberMember
(@oilygirl1980)

Posted : 08/08/2013 7:34 pm

Beautiful. You look great. And that's great that your body is responding fairly quickly. It took almost a month on the sp for me. The spearmint tea actually seemed to work a little quicker.

I've researched rosemary and I definitely have to get it. You're right, it affects so many things in your body and seems like a good route to go for more than just skin issues.

That's awesome about the skin tone!! It makes such a big difference when it's warm and glowing. My moisturizer with spf has vitamin C in it and it makes a remarkable difference in my skin tone and texture. I stopped using it for a bit when i tried to go all natural in my skin care (it failed because I found that I'm allergic to several plant/fruit base products) and my tone was dull and flat. When I went back to my lotion, it immediately brightened everything back up and I know now, I will never stop using this particular moisturizer again. It's just too great.

This is just my personal opinion- I don't know if you wear foundation or anything, but I don't think you need it. Your skin is so even and pretty, I wouldn't cover it up. You're very lucky.

MemberMember
(@smoze)

Posted : 11/28/2013 1:14 am

Do you have a before pic?