Notifications
Clear all

Every Product Clogs My Pores!

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/27/2013 2:32 am

Hey guys, I dunno if I'm just being typical paranoid me, but I find that every stinkin product clogs my pores. I feel like I can never use a scar cream cause it will cause pimples, vitamin e oil is a no go, hemp oil clogs pores even though people say it has a pore clogging rating of 0, any moisturizers I try to use, even if they say non-comedogenic clog my pores. I find that all products have mildly pore clogging ingredients in them. I am now only using simple brand face wash. I was using Tamanua oil, but I suspect that broke me out, and I used to put bacitracin zinc ointment on picked spots or ones that turn crusty, but I suspect even that clogs pores.

I feel like most of my acne is product induced...maybe i'm just paranoid.

I'm going to use nothing but the simple face wash for the rest of the time I'm in the caribbean and see what happens.

I'm just going to continue to eat lots of carrots with healthy fats, whole foods, and continue my paleo lifestyle as I have been for a year now. I find like I know what I have to eat to get better, but it's not always as easy to remember to get all the nutrients un;ess we make it a habbit. In the caribbean people just live off the land. Fruits and veggies all day for breakfast and snacks!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/27/2013 7:24 am

good idea to keep it simple, 100% pure aloe vera (read the labels and avoid the ones with colors) would be a good thing to try as well.

Have fun on vacation, ususally the sun and salt water will do wonders for skin, I hope it does for you!

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/27/2013 7:36 am

good idea to keep it simple, 100% pure aloe vera (read the labels and avoid the ones with colors) would be a good thing to try as well.

Have fun on vacation, ususally the sun and salt water will do wonders for skin, I hope it does for you!

Thanks! I feel like something changes in the skin that makes it more acne prone. I mean people slather baby oil on their face and are fine! Just sticking to aloe vera for now, screw the tamanu oil and anything else. Just keep it simple and not worry. This way I can tell what is breaking my face out for sure. I would love to be able to hydrate my face and have it be scar free with a natural oil one day, but...not right now! I wonder what it is in acne prone skin that makes it break out from everything, even things said not to be pore clogging like hemp or argan oil.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 08/12/2013 6:49 am

will conditioner clog pores if washed thoroughly?? I just got this conditioner, cause Ive been avoiding commercial conditioner for a month now...but it's hard to comb my afro hair without it :(

I just got a gud, burt's bee's conditoner but it has Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Ceteareth 20, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower (organic), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract (organic), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract (organic), Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract (organic), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Alcohol Denat

And I heard Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20 will probs cause acne :(