Notifications
Clear all

You Know What's Wrost Then Acne?

MemberMember
(@grumpygrouch)

Posted : 07/26/2013 6:46 pm

you know what's worst then acne?

getting rid of your acne and having aweful scarring, and no i'm not talking about "red marks" (which will go away with time)

i'm talking about pitted, boxcar, rolling, icepick scarring. cry.gif

I have no idea where to go from here.

i won't leave my house because i feel so ugly because of my scars... i feel so depressed

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 07/26/2013 7:01 pm

By any chance could you post a picture to see the scarring and its severity? It'll be easier for the community to suggest a specific treatment.

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/26/2013 7:04 pm

Nothing is worse than acne :(

MemberMember
(@hiddy-cheeks)

Posted : 07/26/2013 7:09 pm

Nothing is worse than acne sad.png

I agree. I had a flare up recently and it was a reminder that big red cysts look a lot worse then scars.

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/26/2013 7:17 pm

Nothing is worse than acne :(

I agree. I had a flare up recently and it was a reminder that big red cysts look a lot worse then scars.

True that. Im on my 5th going 6th week now and im still getting a few breakouts, its frustrating. How long have you been on the regimen?

MemberMember
(@hiddy-cheeks)

Posted : 07/26/2013 8:56 pm

True that. Im on my 5th going 6th week now and im still getting a few breakouts, its frustrating. How long have you been on the regimen?

I'm on accutane at the moment. I'm about two months in and I got a real bad outbreak recently which as you say is very frustrating. My doctor has given an antibiotic called flucloxacillin sodium which is apparently very powerful and seems to be working well so far. So I'm hoping I can beat acne this time through a combination of accutane and antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 07/27/2013 2:02 pm

yes, acne is bad , but it's for a time,but scars for a life !!

MemberMember
(@scarfacebob)

Posted : 07/27/2013 2:29 pm

yes, acne is bad , but it's for a time,but scars for a life !!

Had acne for about 4 years....have had a scared face for 45 years.

And it never gets any better!

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/29/2013 11:38 am

getting rid of your acne and having aweful scarring, and no i'm not talking about "red marks" (which will go away with time)

i won't leave my house because i feel so ugly because of my scars... i feel so depressed

Make up helps a lot. There are lots of hypo allergenic make up out there, it sure covers up facial scars while you're still figuring out how to erase them.

MemberMember
(@isaacneedshelp)

Posted : 07/29/2013 12:25 pm

acne scar, not cute by the can be removed by laser therapy in about 2 weeks or so.

Also Carrots mask will help you get rid of acne scars.

Vitamin c also ^.^

I recommend using mederma ^.^ it works on me using it for 3 day now and them scars look better ^.^

And no women is ugly, be more confident okay. :D

MemberMember
(@apple-blossom)

Posted : 07/29/2013 2:14 pm

A lot of the time I feel the same way. I have some rolling scars and discolouration that I hate the look of..... but then once in a while, I'll get a huge, irritated and red cyst and realize just how light and unnoticeable my scars are in comparison. When that happens, I can't wait to have just my scars again. I try to look at it that way...