Product Makes Face ...

Notifications
Clear all

Product Makes Face Look Oily. Any Solution?

MemberMember
(@niklaus)

Posted : 07/26/2013 3:06 am

I've been using a clear treatment gel however it makes my face look shiny and extremely oily. Other than that, the product is working well for me so I want to continue using it. Since it's the summer it is ok, but my school starts soon and I dont want to walk the halls with a shiny face. I dont wear makeup and Im not allowed to anyway. How do I conceal the oily feel this product gives me?

Thank you, xx

rolleyes.gifteehee.gif

MemberMember
(@moonlightshadow)

Posted : 07/26/2013 5:14 am

After you've washed your face, use a toner for oily skin.

MemberMember
(@niklaus)

Posted : 07/26/2013 5:43 am

no it's the medicine that makes my face oily.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 07/26/2013 5:56 am

I don't know the exact details of your routine and what might fit with it but I can suggest two possible solutions:

1. If you can/want to have a moisturiser in your routine I recommend Garnier's Long Lasting Shine Control Moisturiser. I've always had problems with oily shiny looking skin but a few weeks of using this has solved the problem completely for me.

2. If you don't want to add in the moisturiser you can get oil absorbing sheets that will stop you looking so shiny and if you're not using make-up you could use these several times a day if need be. I expect you can find them in most drug stores but if you're in the UK I've found Boots own Skin Clear range ones to be very effective.

MemberMember
(@zefferson)

Posted : 07/26/2013 6:22 am

When it comes to treating oily skin, the last thing that I would recommend is building up layers of toners, moisturisers or makeup to conceal it and risking getting acne from clogging the pores.

Vitamins D3 and A taken in quantities of about 2000IU for D and 8000IU for A will stop oily skin.

You could try taking Cod Liver Oil which has both these vitamins as well as your omegas and is very beneficial to the skin. Although CLO has lower doses of these vitamins, A and D actually supplement one another when it comes to helping your body absorb it and use it, so you should receive the same result.

Results will show in 2 weeks for D and around a month for the A.

Zinc isn't bad either.

MemberMember
(@veini6)

Posted : 08/14/2013 4:18 am

Milk of Magnesia is the key to control oily skin!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/19/2013 2:14 am

The oil absorbing sheets are a win for me. I use about 3 throughout the day to keep my face from looking oily.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/19/2013 10:13 am

There are a couple things you can do. Milk of magnesia is an option; but I wouldn''t recommend it in case it messes with the acne product. Instead, just dab/blot/wipe your face with some paper towels or toilet paper when you use the bathroom at school. Don't wash it, just blot. This will take care of the oil for 2-4 hours at a clip, it's low key, and practical for school. Just make sure to wait until the gel dries before you blot.