Notifications
Clear all

I Think I Have A Serious Problem With Water.

MemberMember
(@moonlightshadow)

Posted : 07/25/2013 10:38 pm

I don't drink water.

I know it's important for health, but I can not drink more than a glass or two a day.

When I'm thirsty I drink a bottle of 0,5 liter or some juice and that's all. So I wonder if my lack of water (we should drink 1,5 liter of it per day) is also the cause of my acne prone skin ? Trust me I've tried many times to drink 1 liter every day but I can't. It's weird but it's like I don't need it.

MemberMember
(@who-is-box)

Posted : 07/26/2013 12:30 am

You are not very active then? I find on my rest days from working out that I don't drink as much water and could go off of like 2-3 glasses the whole day. On my workout days I drink like 6 bottles of water total probably. Just try to drink a cup of water every hour or two. Even on my rest days I know I need more water so I squeeze that extra couple glasses in.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/26/2013 2:41 am

I'm surprised I don't drink the water of the earth dry! I constantly have a cup in my hand.

It is really important though. We as humans are a high percentage of water and need it to function properly.

Lack of it could definitely cause you to be more acne prone because you're not flushing out any of the toxins in your body thoroughly.

Juice (although it may say other wise) will be treated as sugar in your body, if its the kind of juice I imagine it to be. Plus, when you drink a lot of any juice, you need to have water in between to keep you hydrated.

MemberMember
(@moonlightshadow)

Posted : 07/26/2013 5:52 am

You are not very active then?

When I'm at school or outside, after a long day I don't drink water, I am not thirsty, a glass or nothing and it's ok for me! I was very active 2 years ago, it's not the case now but after 2 hours of sport (every week) I only drink a little bottle. We all need water, but not the same quantity, I think. Our daily needs are different,no?

MemberMember
(@moonlightshadow)

Posted : 07/26/2013 6:11 am

I'm surprised I don't drink the water of the earth dry! I constantly have a cup in my hand.

It is really important though. We as humans are a high percentage of water and need it to function properly.

Lack of it could definitely cause you to be more acne prone because you're not flushing out any of the toxins in your body thoroughly.

Juice (although it may say other wise) will be treated as sugar in your body, if its the kind of juice I imagine it to be. Plus, when you drink a lot of any juice, you need to have water in between to keep you hydrated.

What if I drink a cup of green tea? This will change something? I thought drinking 3 glasses of fruit juice each day instead of water was ok (orange juice containes water)

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 07/26/2013 8:23 pm

Green tea is generally mostly composed of water. Of course, that depends on whether you purchase it, make it yourself, etc. Everybody has different "needs" when it comes to nutrients and optimal body functionaliy. More water is definitely not always better... just look up "water toxicity" or "drinking water in large quantities." The minimum amount of water probably isn't that great for a person either.

At the same time, some people feel like drinking water is actually a primary cause of their acne. Just think: most publicly available water is full of flouride, which some link to acne increases.

I'd suggest you test whether your water intake actually correlates with your acne. Perhaps drink a bit more water every day for a month, see what that does, then drink even more for another month, see what that does, and so on. You never know until you try it yourself! surprised.gif And if you do, let us know how it goes!

MemberMember
(@moonlightshadow)

Posted : 07/26/2013 9:04 pm

Green tea is generally mostly composed of water. Of course, that depends on whether you purchase it, make it yourself, etc. Everybody has different "needs" when it comes to nutrients and optimal body functionaliy. More water is definitely not always better... just look up "water toxicity" or "drinking water in large quantities." The minimum amount of water probably isn't that great for a person either.

At the same time, some people feel like drinking water is actually a primary cause of their acne. Just think: most publicly available water is full of flouride, which some link to acne increases.

I'd suggest you test whether your water intake actually correlates with your acne. Perhaps drink a bit more water every day for a month, see what that does, then drink even more for another month, see what that does, and so on. You never know until you try it yourself! surprised.gif And if you do, let us know how it goes!

Thank you for your response :) I'll try and then I'll tell you!!! Thanks again

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/27/2013 10:28 am

1 litre of water for 20kg of ur body weight.

so if u r 60 kg u r to have 3 litres at least.

green is water but u cant take in all much water in form of green tea because too much a day isnt great as well.i suppose for the caffeine and also some other things(u would want to google it).

like lewis i try to have good amount of water.

apart from 2 cups of green tea everyday,i think i have more or less 4 litres of water.

sometimes its a 5l.lol!

gb!

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 07/28/2013 2:58 am

2 litres is a must for an adult.... its for your proper functioning of kidney to remove d toxins from your bod...... u are gonna face lots of prob if u dont other than acne...... so drink atleast 2 ltrs...

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 07/28/2013 10:58 am

You're welcome MoonLight! Best wishes. Just remember that there is absolutely no be-all, end-all specific number (2 liters of water per day, for instance) that is the same for every person or every adult. Everyone's body is different. You may be getting your water from different sources too, like the juice you have and even the food you eat (i.e. a potato is around 75% water alone). The best teacher is usually experience, so try different levels yourself and gauge it yourself! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but here are some links to look at regarding ye olde "8 glasses of water a day" / "2 liters" rule:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/06/08/water-eight-glasses-myth.html

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/06/28/excessive-drinking-water-dangers.aspx

http://www.onemedical.com/blog/live-well/daily-water-intake/