Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IveGotIt

Clogged Pores/blackheads

Is there any good method for removing clogged pores/blackheads?

Most of my face (Except for my shaving area) is full of clogged pores. Mostly concentrated on my cheeks, temples and forehead.

I noticed that most of my breakouts are becuase I squeeze the clogged pores and then the surrounding area the next day break outs probably from the oil on my fingers.

Are there any good products or regemines to unclog my pores?

Most things I have tried hasn't work and they seem to be VERY stubborn.

Thanks in advance

Is there any good method for removing clogged pores/blackheads?

Most of my face (Except for my shaving area) is full of clogged pores. Mostly concentrated on my cheeks, temples and forehead.

I noticed that most of my breakouts are becuase I squeeze the clogged pores and then the surrounding area the next day break outs probably from the oil on my fingers.

Are there any good products or regemines to unclog my pores?

Most things I have tried hasn't work and they seem to be VERY stubborn.

Thanks in advance

Salicylic acid

This is a mild comedolytic (removes blackheads) agent and is available in various concentrations.

Sulphur

This has mild exfoliating properties and is accepted as being effective for removing blackheads.

Benzoyl peroxide

This is the most effective and widely used non-prescription medications for treatment of acne.

Tea tree oil

This contains natural anti-bacterial substance which unblocks the pores, provides protection against bacterial infections and promotes healing.

I've been using Helenes Mint Juelp Mask (green one) every day for the past few days...

Also I've been opening up my pores with EXTREMLY hot water in a bowl and holding a towel over my head, then wrapping my fingertips in tissue paper and squeezing the areas with clogged pores, this seems to be working decently well because the pores are less raised....

Do I have to worry about scarring from this type of procedure? It seems to be working decently well and I'm getting TONS of a hard white substance coming from my pores.

or am I all wrong on this and I need to use some kind of AHA or micro-dermabrasion?