Notifications
Clear all

Fat People, Skinny People, Vitamins

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/25/2013 10:29 am

Alright, so I just pulled myself out of a little slump. Stressed about college, my boyfriend I see once a year, a new job I'm starting, my running career being jeopardy cause of a bounced knee, small tings that add up. But it will all be okay. One step at a time. Life must go on even if I have acne and fears. It could be worse...no jinx!

Alright, and I know stress causes acne, I try to be really calm all the time, but I've had acne for 6 years now, and I was clear when I was young like most of us are, which makes me really question food intolerances and that jazz, although they do exist I guess, but they don't always cause acne (Like not all lactose intolerant people who consume milk have acne). Any-who, acne mostly develops in teens during puberty, pregnancy, and now a lot in adults these days.

I feel like diet has a lot to do with it, getting the right vitamins and nutrients. During our lives our bodies demand a lot of vitamins and nutrients. The fat soluble one's are stored cause they were hard to get evolutionarily I guess, so we don't even need to ge them daily. BUT imagine being so low that not enough is even stored. So, we must replenish our bodies. I mean though, a lot of people are skinny, exercise, eat healthy and still have acne, but I just dunno why. I wish someone would figure this out.

My skin has cleared up a lot. I've been in the caribbean and eating healthier than ever and training. I dunno, I feel like, well hope that if I fix my vitamin stores I can be healed. I dunno! I fixed my constipation, probiotic, I don't eat any grains except rice sometimes, I legume rarely, nuts maybe 4 times a year, no dairy, I'm green smoothying currently and taking zinc, vitamin e, milk thistle and burdock root.

Topical products can make skin worse, so I've learned to test them for skin rections. Natural products are the way to go.

Anyways though, I think that really low vitamin stores not being replaced over time ruins the total balance in the body. I've researched skin for 5 years, and tried many diets, and I'm pretty much paleo. But still not clear, it's really not fair. I know It could be worse. I could have one leg and have a lot of other problems but it's such a downer, i'm sure you must know.

But zinc and magnesium are precursors for a lot of vitamins and all the fat soluble vitamins are super important. Also, insulin sensitivity happens with too much sugar and a poor diet, but not to everyone obviously. I just really think that's why green smoothies help some people.

But some vitamins don't work without others. I mean, I've eaten a load of carrots and seen orange poop, then eaten a a lot recently and seen no orange. I eat any veggie with some coconut oil for better absorption. I feel like my body needs it cause my stools are just normal, like i'm absorbing it.

I'm just hoping to hope to have one less worry and to feel a little bit happier and better.

But back to fat and skinny people. I feel like your liver and organs should heal and function if you give them what they need and fat people surely aren't but usually have clearer skin. But if they aren't getting all the nutrients they need how are they having clear skin? Perhaps their bodies are more efficient at storing vitamins and minerals from the crap they eat?

Hmmm I just don't get that at all?

Any ideas? Any words of inspiration? I would love to hear people who are clear and happy and cured.

MemberMember
(@who-is-box)

Posted : 07/25/2013 7:05 pm

I know lots of fat people with acne. I think... But its more rare to see i feel like

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 07/26/2013 7:43 am

our story is pretty similar (even the boyfriend part ;) hes across the country :( ), in that when i was eating healthy and pretty much paleo i still wasnt clear

it wasnt til recently that im fiinnnaally seeing results! and its when i started being consistent with my vitamins and taking : zinc, fish oil, and vitamin c daily.

vitamin c was the winner for me.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/26/2013 3:05 pm

our story is pretty similar (even the boyfriend part wink.png hes across the country sad.png ), in that when i was eating healthy and pretty much paleo i still wasnt clear

it wasnt til recently that im fiinnnaally seeing results! and its when i started being consistent with my vitamins and taking : zinc, fish oil, and vitamin c daily.

HEY! Oh my gosh! I'm really just looking for an acne pal to get me through this! I hope I'm not a super mega creep or anything, but we should totally chat more! Yeah, with the zinc, sunshine, and eating healthier I feel better about my skin but it still bothers me. My boyfriend has perfect skin and only gets bumps from hair products! I was using tamanua oil for a few days, but I think that's breaking me out, I would like to blame it and not just my body. I dunno! Been having the weirdest breakouts. But I tested it on a spot on my neck and no reaction. Just wanna be freeeee

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 07/26/2013 10:44 pm

our story is pretty similar (even the boyfriend part wink.png hes across the country sad.png ), in that when i was eating healthy and pretty much paleo i still wasnt clear

HEY! Oh my gosh! I'm really just looking for an acne pal to get me through this! I hope I'm not a super mega creep or anything, but we should totally chat more! Yeah, with the zinc, sunshine, and eating healthier I feel better about my skin but it still bothers me. My boyfriend has perfect skin and only gets bumps from hair products! I was using tamanua oil for a few days, but I think that's breaking me out, I would like to blame it and not just my body. I dunno! Been having the weirdest breakouts. But I tested it on a spot on my neck and no reaction. Just wanna be freeeee

yeah i definitely know the feeling of wanting to be free! my biggest recommendation is really vitmain c, is super good for the skin and i really dont think it could do any harm! its been helping me!

and about your boyfriend only getting breakouts from hair products! ugh! if only people knew how lucky they were! i feel like acne has consumed so much of my time and life (not to mention wallet) that who knows where i'd be right now. its sad that ive let it take over but meh.

i dont think youre a creep at all! ill be your acne pal :D haha

im still doing paleo with exception of having beans every now and then...

and i think my body has a problem with bacon, its so delicious but i always feel like im going to break out when i eat it :/ no fun

haven't heard of tamanu oil. i like using aloe vera to moisturize (at night) personally cause its helps dry up my pimples but not my skin

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/27/2013 1:58 am

yeah i definitely know the feeling of wanting to be free! my biggest recommendation is really vitmain c, is super good for the skin and i really dont think it could do any harm! its been helping me!

and about your boyfriend only getting breakouts from hair products! ugh! if only people knew how lucky they were! i feel like acne has consumed so much of my time and life (not to mention wallet) that who knows where i'd be right now. its sad that ive let it take over but meh.

i dont think youre a creep at all! ill be your acne pal biggrin.png haha

and i think my body has a problem with bacon, its so delicious but i always feel like im going to break out when i eat it :/ no fun

haven't heard of tamanu oil. i like using aloe vera to moisturize (at night) personally cause its helps dry up my pimples but not my skin

Totes add me on Facebook, Crystal Telfer Yeates! Ugh, I usually put bacitrin or neosporin on my picked pimples, but I just realized that this probably clogs pores too, dumb! I'm going to pick up some aloe vera gel, cause it doesn't clog pores and would be a good moisturizer and great for healing cuts and picked spots. I feel ya! Ialmost wanted to be a dermatologist cause I was so obsessed with my skin, but know that would make me miserable!

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 07/27/2013 11:27 am

Totes add me on Facebook, Crystal Telfer Yeates! Ugh, I usually put bacitrin or neosporin on my picked pimples, but I just realized that this probably clogs pores too, dumb! I'm going to pick up some aloe vera gel, cause it doesn't clog pores and would be a good moisturizer and great for healing cuts and picked spots. I feel ya! Ialmost wanted to be a dermatologist cause I was so obsessed with my skin, but know that would make me miserable!

me too! i seriously considered dermatology, but after going to them and other doctors their practices are quick fixes and dont really help in the long run

if i were to work medical i would be a holistic doctor or something, or a nutritionist (still considering this)

and i'll add you! but my pictures are old and carefully chosen! so you wont really see any acne haha, but i promise, i do have it :P

if i could recommend a spot treatment i really like rapid clear by neutrogena. its the only "unnatural" thing that i use lol, its a little pricey but i love it

and for aloe vera i use this : http://www.amazon.com/Real-Aloe-INC-Vera-Spray/dp/B003I4JIJE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374942337&sr=8-1&keywords=real+aloe+spray

i get it even cheaper at sprouts or whole foods for like $4 and i love it

how old are you if you dont me asking? :)

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/27/2013 6:45 pm

me too! i seriously considered dermatology, but after going to them and other doctors their practices are quick fixes and dont really help in the long run

if i were to work medical i would be a holistic doctor or something, or a nutritionist (still considering this)

and i'll add you! but my pictures are old and carefully chosen! so you wont really see any acne haha, but i promise, i do have it tongue.png

if i could recommend a spot treatment i really like rapid clear by neutrogena. its the only "unnatural" thing that i use lol, its a little pricey but i love it

and for aloe vera i use this : http://www.amazon.com/Real-Aloe-INC-Vera-Spray/dp/B003I4JIJE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374942337&sr=8-1&keywords=real+aloe+spray

i get it even cheaper at sprouts or whole foods for like $4 and i love it

how old are you if you dont me asking? smile.png

I'm totes going to take soem Vitamin C! The sides of m cheeks are breaking out really weirdly and awfully! My skin just feels rough! I was thinking about nutrition too! But I switched to lab work, blood banking , which I love! I'm 20! Just turned 20 on the 9th of July! I think I messaged you on facebook!