Advice On Doing The...

Notifications
Clear all

Advice On Doing The Regimen Once A Day

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/24/2013 8:20 pm

Hi guys! Time sure flies by. I've been on The Regimen for 6 months now and it has been one of those decisions that I really pride myself in making. Woot woot! I've been clear for almost 4 months expect for a spot or two every now and then. I still think that is entirely better then what my face used to be.

I guess now what I am trying to do is figure out if I can cut the BP application to once a day. I've read many a post about how some of you guys only apply BP once a day and I'm really curious if my skin can get away with it without breaking out.

Can I get a little help on this please? How did your regimen change from twice to once a day? Do you still do all the same steps? Did you slowly decrease the BP or go cold turkey on the 2nd application? Do you do it during the AM or PM? All information is welcome. I would really like to do a little bit of research before I jump into this.

Oh and by the way, with Dan's BP, the suggested amount is about two pumps during the AM and PM, right now I can get away with one pump AM and PM. So I guess I'm hoping that I can try one pump a day only.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/24/2013 9:27 pm

I'm still in the process of getting clear on the regimen but in the past when I've quit BP cold turkey things have not gone well! I really think you should slowly decrease the amount of BP you use until you get to once a day applications and see if your skin still does well with BP just once a day. I don't think it would matter if you chose to do BP once in the AM or PM - just whatever suits you best I think. Maybe night time would be better as you may be less sensitive to the sun then (even though you'll still need an SPF product).

Hopefully other 'more experienced' regimen users can help you out more :)

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/24/2013 9:41 pm

It's easy to find out. Everyone skin is different. Start using bp only 1 time a day for 3 days. If you notice unusual breakouts within the first day or 2nd or third. Quickly go back to bp twice a day

The only issue with doing bp once a day is. Some people pimples get hard if they apply only moisturizer on it. And your skin will need to be moisturized 12 hrs after you put it on the first time. These are all things you have to notice when running this test.

But its worth the shot. The goal for everyone here is to live a life free of acne.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 07/25/2013 3:46 am

When I was using the Regimen I managed to reduce my applications to once a day pretty successfully after about a year (it took me this long to get properly clear in the first place). It is a case of a bit of trial and error and I did not stay perfectly clear when I did it (a spot here and there which I decided was a good enough price to pay for less hassle and less red and irritated skin).

I would advise:

1. Go for the full Regimen in the evening, purely because you're skin will look less red during the day.

2. Ease down to one application a day slowly. Reduce the amount of BP on the morning application a little bit every two weeks or so until you can get rid of it completely after 4-6 weeks. You may find you can reduce it faster than this but I noticed small breakouts when I tried.

3. If you notice that you're breaking out more than you want just ramp the BP back up to two applications a day and leave it a couple of months before trying again.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/25/2013 7:46 am

When I was using the Regimen I managed to reduce my applications to once a day pretty successfully after about a year (it took me this long to get properly clear in the first place). It is a case of a bit of trial and error and I did not stay perfectly clear when I did it (a spot here and there which I decided was a good enough price to pay for less hassle and less red and irritated skin).

I would advise:

1. Go for the full Regimen in the evening, purely because you're skin will look less red during the day.

2. Ease down to one application a day slowly. Reduce the amount of BP on the morning application a little bit every two weeks or so until you can get rid of it completely after 4-6 weeks. You may find you can reduce it faster than this but I noticed small breakouts when I tried.

3. If you notice that you're breaking out more than you want just ramp the BP back up to two applications a day and leave it a couple of months before trying again.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. If I do decide to try and go for it then it will definitely have to be a gradual decrease. It makes more sense not to shock the system,

When you did the regimen once a day, did you still cleanse and moisturize during the morning?

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 07/25/2013 8:07 am

Yeh you're right gradual's definitely the way to go, skin never likes sudden changes. Yes I ended up doing the standard regimen at night and just cleansing and using a slightly lighter moisturiser without the jojoba oil in the morning. It kept my skin mostly clear and made it feel generally healthier all round with less BP. :)

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/26/2013 4:01 am

I did the same as moonlit river has described but around every 3 weeks I would apply Bp twice a day for a few days if I noticed a few blocked pores appearing. Then I would just immediately go back to once a day (ie no slow reduction) for a few weeks. Worked well for me :)

Goodluck nicmic, fingers crossed it goes well.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/26/2013 8:00 am

I did the same as moonlit river has described but around every 3 weeks I would apply Bp twice a day for a few days if I noticed a few blocked pores appearing. Then I would just immediately go back to once a day (ie no slow reduction) for a few weeks. Worked well for me smile.png

Goodluck nicmic, fingers crossed it goes well.

Good to know that it worked well for you Ayeaye. I will give this a try after my birthday so make sure no acne ruins my birthday. Fingers crossed here too. :)

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 12/28/2013 8:50 am

So what happened nicmic? Please update us on switching from twice a day to once a day

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 12/29/2013 2:53 am

So what happened nicmic? Please update us on switching from twice a day to once a day

I haven't totally switched over from doing the regimen once a day. The reason being I don't use the full two pumps of BP when I do the regimen so I will try to do the regimen twice a day if I can.

There have been weeks though were I only do the morning regimen 5 times a week because of activities I have to be where I sweat a lot so I don't really bother. I just make sure that I do the regimen at night. I found that if I miss a morning routine doesn't results in a new pimple a few days later so I'm pretty happy about that.