Notifications
Clear all

My Method To Clear Skin!

MemberMember
(@benjohnson32)

Posted : 07/24/2013 9:00 am

Hey everyone, I'm 15 and for the past three years I've dealt with acne. I know this isn't a long time, but I tried many products that could possibly help my acne. This includes almost every face wash and cleansing kit, toner, benzyl peroxide, salicylic acid, Retin-A cream, monocylin and other antibiotics. My acne began getting worse just this year with acne on my cheeks, temples, chin, and forehead. I told another 15 year old on this forum my little regimen and he stated that I saved his summer. Now, I really want to share with you all what I do. It's very easy, however, you will have to spend a little money. Not much, but a little. It's called vitamins, tea, and some mild cleanser. Here's the vitamins I currently take:

Vitamin A- Google this guys! It's great for skin and really helps with acne. However, it is toxic so make sure you do not take too much. This helps build the skins resistance.

Vitamin E- Google this as well. Great vitamin that helps skin regeneration and can even remove acne scars! I've been taking this for about three weeks and can already see great improvement.

Zinc- My goodness has this been a life saver! Since my acne is due to hormones, it helps stabilize them and reduce sebum production. It's also great for your immune system and helps fight acne bacteria.

Vitamin D- A truly amazing vitamin as well. Since sunshine helps acne, I thought why shouldn't Vitamin D? Don't really know why it works, it just does. This is another thing you all can google and read up on.

Probiotics- This you can find just about in any Walmart or vitamin store. An antibiotic removes both bad and good bacteria, and after some time the bad bacteria builds a resistance to the antibiotic. A probiotic, however, puts good bacteria into your system and this helps fight and replace the bad acne bacteria on your face through digestion. Great for diet and digestive health.

Fenugreek capsules- You can Google this too. Fenugreek tea is supposed to be fairly good for inflammation so I decided to give fenugreek powder in capsules a try. This is also good for general wellness as well. Give this stuff a try and it should work great for you and give you an extra boost!

Bee pollen- This stuff is a super food! Very important stuff for diet and acne! Has anti-inflammatory properties and surely helps acne. Google this! It also helps your mood and is extremely healthy for you.

I know all of these vitamins can be very pricey, so try buying them a week at a time :) After about three weeks, my face is already fuller and clearer. Great stuff! I take these with food in the morning and at dinner. Adjust dosing to what you desire, because even the smallest doses can be beneficial. However, if you have pretty bad acne I would raise the dosage for vitamin A and D. In the morning I also use Aveeno mild cleanser with moisturizer with sunscreen in it. Great stuff! About twice a week I will exfoliated with St. Ives Apricot Scrub. This has salicylic acid in it which can also give a boost with helping your pimples. Please, give some of these vitamins a try! Even though they may not be the cure for everyone, it certainly is a try :)

MemberMember
(@moonlightshadow)

Posted : 07/24/2013 9:44 am

Thank you for sharing this with us ! :) I will try vitamin A and zinc as soon as possible !

MemberMember
(@thefearlessface)

Posted : 07/24/2013 10:16 am

These are all great. Glad to see you helped your body from the inside out!

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 07/24/2013 12:13 pm

I'm really glad that there's other teens out there that actually care about skincare/wellbeing. I'm in my teens, and most of my friends just think I'm weird talking about all this skincare stuff but they sort of let me be because they know it works lol.

Most of everything I do for my skin is topical, it works, for the most part, but I'm really curious about what I could do internally that would fight acne. I don't have a ton of money to spend on this stuff, I'm not broke but I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars and pills.

The type of acne I get is usually non inflamitory, it's more on the mild/moderate side. However, I do get blemishes/infected whiteheads (pustules) from time to time. (my skin is pretty clear at the moment, but if I didn't treat it that would be the type of acne I would be getting) If you had to pick only one of these vitamins to be your favorite, which would it be? And what one do you think is the most beneficial, like what one would you recommend to most people?

The reason I ask is because though I love my skincare routine, it can be really extensive. It's kind of a hassle to keep up with, (i use benzoyl peroxide, 2.5%) so if I could simplify it a little that'd be great. Any advice? Thanks for sharing, this is information is very useful.

MemberMember
(@benjohnson32)

Posted : 07/24/2013 9:27 pm

If you had to pick only one of these vitamins to be your favorite, which would it be? And what one do you think is the most beneficial, like what one would you recommend to most people?

Definetely the Vitamin A or the Zinc. The Vitamin D would have to come in second

MemberMember
(@benjohnson32)

Posted : 07/25/2013 1:04 pm

I'm really glad that there's other teens out there that actually care about skincare/wellbeing. I'm in my teens, and most of my friends just think I'm weird talking about all this skincare stuff but they sort of let me be because they know it works lol.

Most of everything I do for my skin is topical, it works, for the most part, but I'm really curious about what I could do internally that would fight acne. I don't have a ton of money to spend on this stuff, I'm not broke but I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars and pills.

The type of acne I get is usually non inflamitory, it's more on the mild/moderate side. However, I do get blemishes/infected whiteheads (pustules) from time to time. (my skin is pretty clear at the moment, but if I didn't treat it that would be the type of acne I would be getting) If you had to pick only one of these vitamins to be your favorite, which would it be? And what one do you think is the most beneficial, like what one would you recommend to most people?

The reason I ask is because though I love my skincare routine, it can be really extensive. It's kind of a hassle to keep up with, (i use benzoyl peroxide, 2.5%) so if I could simplify it a little that'd be great. Any advice? Thanks for sharing, this is information is very useful.

The Benzyl Peroxide is completely fine! I was thinking about getting a tube myself to help a little bit. Just make sure you use it in moderation :) the combination of vitamins and benzyl peroxide will help

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 07/25/2013 4:28 pm

The Benzyl Peroxide is completely fine! I was thinking about getting a tube myself to help a little bit. Just make sure you use it in moderation smile.png the combination of vitamins and benzyl peroxide will help

I think I am definitely going to have to try Zinc. Dan, the founder of this site uses it in correlation with his regimen... So I'm definitely going to look into it. Probiotics sound interesting; do you have a preferred kind/brand?

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 07/25/2013 5:17 pm

The vitamin d3 that I personally use is one by 'healthy origins' -- you can get a bottle of 360 (so basically 1 year's supply) for 8'ish so it's very affordable.

Would you care so much about skincare if you didn't have acne-prone skin? I know I wouldn't.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 07/25/2013 7:19 pm

The vitamin d3 that I personally use is one by 'healthy origins' -- you can get a bottle of 360 (so basically 1 year's supply) for 8'ish so it's very affordable.

>I'm really glad that there's other teens out there that actually care about skincare/wellbeing. I'm in my teens, and most of my friends just think I'm weird talking about all this skincare stuff but they sort of let me be because they know it works lol.

Would you care so much about skincare if you didn't have acne-prone skin? I know I wouldn't.

If I didn't have acne, I don't think I would care about skincare at all. When I didn't have acne skincare was never something I thought about or payed attention to because to me, it wasn't very important. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I didn't have to spend just about every waking moment thinking about my skin. Thanks for the recommendation I will look into it!

MemberMember
(@benjohnson32)

Posted : 07/29/2013 8:17 am

has anyone else tried the vitamin regimen lately? :)