Notifications
Clear all

What Next

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/24/2013 8:31 am

I've tried minocycline, oxytetracycline, accutane and erythromycin; what can I ask for next? Erythromycin worked great; accutane worked great until I started to lose hair, minocycline did nothing and I had a severe reaction to oxytetracycline. Ideally I'd like to avoid tetracycline-based antibiotics, and I don't really like topical creams (how the hell are you gonna reach your back too btw). Any suggestions would be great :) (also I'm with a GP, not a dermatologist)

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/29/2013 2:51 am

Selfish bump.

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 07/29/2013 12:51 pm

you can try Bactrim. Worked great for me for years.

MemberMember
(@isaacneedshelp)

Posted : 07/29/2013 1:08 pm

Stop using medication 4 acne.

Just make a 3 step acne solution like 1) Face oil-free wash 2) Treatment salicylic acid works well 3) moisturizer oil-free ( wont clog pores)

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/30/2013 7:13 am

Stop using medication 4 acne.

Just make a 3 step acne solution like 1) Face oil-free wash 2) Treatment salicylic acid works well 3) moisturizer oil-free ( wont clog pores)

I've been doing that for nine years :D

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 07/30/2013 8:11 pm

Can you try doxycycline or go back on erythromycin?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=50393

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/31/2013 10:47 am

I'd rather avoid tetracyclin-based antibiotics because I had a severe reaction to oxytetracycline; I could go back on erythromycin, but after taking it for 2 years I doubt it'll be incredibly effective. When my doctor comes back from annual leave I'm going to ask about Trimothorprim or whatever it's called.

MemberMember
(@real-acnekiller)

Posted : 07/31/2013 11:17 pm

Hello there. Your best is with cephalosporins. These antibiotics are best for acne anyhow.here is the list of the right antibiotics for acne duricef, cephalexin, ceftin, omnicef, spectracef, vantin, cedax, velosef. but cefzil wont work.always take 2 ibuprofen directly with both doses of antibiotic the results are enhanced greatly.this makes the the antibiotics get absorbed much better and quells inflamation.also if your dr. Is understanding have him give u 2 running prescriptions rotating every week 2 cephalosporins and going back and forth.good luck. Also dont rotate spectracef and omnicef they have chemical similarities

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/04/2013 12:42 pm

I had moderate acne and i'm totally clear on the acne.org regimen - I had acne on my face and upper back, never had any problems reaching my back, if you do you can order the body buddy http://www.danielkern.com/product-p/buddy.htm I'm aware I sound like a spammer trying to sell products but i'm not haha.

You're not supposed to take antibiotics forever, for acne youre supposed to use them alongside a topical treatment so that when you stop taking the pills your skin stays clear with the topicals. :)