Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin C, Zinc, Cod Liver Oil, Acv

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 07/23/2013 3:34 pm

I wanted to make a topic of all of the things that have made a drastic improvement in my scars AND red marks.

I had been taking Zinc and Cod Liver Oil pills for a while but not consistently.

I'm trying out the Paleo Diet and read in the book the suggested supplements and they were: Fish Oil, Zinc, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E.

All of which are very beneficial for the skin.

And Vitamin C seemed to be my personal missing link, as soon as i started taking 1,000 mg/day (500mg in the morning/500mg at night) my scars started filling in noticeably and continue to do so, and I've only been taking all of these vitamins/supplements consistently for 2 weeks.

I also apply Apple Cider Vinegar (followed by the taping method) as a toner which for me helps combat break outs and lightens red marks.

I hope this helps anyone out there.

I'm a firm believer in healing from the inside and this new routine has only further supported it.

I'd like to mention that I eat a lot of fruits and foods with natural Vitamin C but sometimes that isn't always enough for the body. (Same applies to Zinc and Fish Oil, in my case)

I hope this helps even just 1 person smile.png

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/23/2013 6:23 pm

bery helpful thanks for sharing

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/26/2013 8:26 pm

So, you don't have active acne?! Lucky! What cleared you up?

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 07/27/2013 12:32 pm

no i do, just not as much

everything i use is helping treat and prevent (both acne and scarring)

i honestly just think consistency has cleared me up and a lot of water and believe it or not flossing and using mouthwash at night! has cleared up my cheeks a lot

cause i would rarely do either, now i make sure to every night and my skin on my jaw and cheeks has really smoothed out

MemberMember
(@redsearch)

Posted : 07/27/2013 1:26 pm

May I also suggest a few more supplements to try? You would add these in to what you are already taking.

Alpha lipoic acid (up to 250 mg per day)

Ascorbyl palmitiate (this is a fat soluable form of vitamin C, ascorbic acid is water soluable. The two in combination will be able to be utilized slightly differently within the cells and provide even more benefit) 1,000mg

B-complex (100mg)

Biotin (up to 1,000 mcg)

Evening Primrose oil or Borage oil.

You will find that these in combination with what you are already taking will be highly beneficial to your skin.

Oops and I forgot about D3. 1,000 IUs if you are getting ragular sun exposure and 4-8,000 IUs in the cold winter months.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/27/2013 6:52 pm

no i do, just not as much

everything i use is helping treat and prevent (both acne and scarring)

i honestly just think consistency has cleared me up and a lot of water and believe it or not flossing and using mouthwash at night! has cleared up my cheeks a lot

cause i would rarely do either, now i make sure to every night and my skin on my jaw and cheeks has really smoothed out

Oh my gosh! I totes believe you, cause I have two really old fillings that need to be replaced and was getting a weird taste in my mouth, and I was really lazy with brushing twice a day...and flossing and got weird cheek acne. I am wondering if when they replace my fillings my cheeks will clear up.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/02/2013 11:15 am

I wanted to make a topic of all of the things that have made a drastic improvement in my scars AND red marks.

I had been taking Zinc and Cod Liver Oil pills for a while but not consistently.

I'm trying out the Paleo Diet and read in the book the suggested supplements and they were: Fish Oil, Zinc, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E.

And Vitamin C seemed to be my personal missing link, as soon as i started taking 1,000 mg/day (500mg in the morning/500mg at night) my scars started filling in noticeably and continue to do so, and I've only been taking all of these vitamins/supplements consistently for 2 weeks.

I also apply Apple Cider Vinegar (followed by the taping method) as a toner which for me helps combat break outs and lightens red marks.

I'm a firm believer in healing from the inside and this new routine has only further supported it.

I'd like to mention that I eat a lot of fruits and foods with natural Vitamin C but sometimes that isn't always enough for the body. (Same applies to Zinc and Fish Oil, in my case)

That's awesome, your new regimen sounds like it's on the right track. smile.png What mouthwash do you use? I'm finding it hard to find a mouthwash with no sulfites/ SLS, and I have been using one with tea tree oil.

Also, are you still taking the raw green smoothie powder? I'm thinking of adding that to my regimen

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 08/03/2013 10:12 am

That's awesome, your new regimen sounds like it's on the right track. smile.png What mouthwash do you use? I'm finding it hard to find a mouthwash with no sulfites/ SLS, and I have been using one with tea tree oil.

Also, are you still taking the raw green smoothie powder? I'm thinking of adding that to my regimen

crest :X haha i havent really put too much thought into the toothpaste and mouthwash i use! i should

whered you get the one with tea tree oil?

and i try to use the raw green smoothie powder, but i tend to forget, cause i dont enjoy it that much ha

MemberMember
(@madidog20)

Posted : 08/03/2013 5:31 pm

what type of scars did you have?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 08/03/2013 7:56 pm

crest sick.gif haha i havent really put too much thought into the toothpaste and mouthwash i use! i should

and i try to use the raw green smoothie powder, but i tend to forget, cause i dont enjoy it that much ha

I got it from a whole foods store, it's the desert essence brand. Crest caused redness around the mouth for me, so I'm only using natural toothpaste and mouthwash now (well, as natural as possible at least). Glad your skin is doing well!

What brand vitamin C are you taking? I had some success with the cvs brand, but they put too much crap in the capsule so I don't take it every day now.

MemberMember
(@kuki90)

Posted : 08/04/2013 4:58 am

Yeah what type of scars you had? Is it curing PIH? Deep pitted scars can be treated?

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 08/04/2013 9:03 am

crest sick.gif haha i havent really put too much thought into the toothpaste and mouthwash i use! i should

I got it from a whole foods store, it's the desert essence brand. Crest caused redness around the mouth for me, so I'm only using natural toothpaste and mouthwash now (well, as natural as possible at least). Glad your skin is doing well!

What brand vitamin C are you taking? I had some success with the cvs brand, but they put too much crap in the capsule so I don't take it every day now.

i take estro-c! and if they have it at whoole foods, they should probably have it at sprouts right? im gonna go there first, ive been grocery shopping there for about a month and a half now i think.. maybe more and i really love it! :)

Yeah what type of scars you had? Is it curing PIH? Deep pitted scars can be treated?

i have more PIH than i do scarring

i have some shallow scarring that its being helped by the vitamin c

and a lot of PIH, its slowly fading. but definitely faster than before. like.. i can see my active pimples easier now instead of just redness everywhere from the PIH

i have some deep pitted pores, the only difference i can tell right now is that the the seem to have decreased in width, but still appear deep (these ones go beyond any topical treatment i feel, but who knows)

hope that helps

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 08/04/2013 9:03 am

if i were you i wouldnt put all these rocks inside my stomach.

Instead i would put natural sources of them and they are plenty.

MemberMember
(@kuki90)

Posted : 08/04/2013 10:00 pm

Hi heyybrighteyes

Yes vitamin C does health alot in healing any skin problem. I did a small research on net.. Also why we need to take vitamin C is because it is not stored in body like other vitamins. Body takes out the vitamin C from the food we eat and rest is flused out from body. Yes il definitely take vitamin C. Thanks for drawing our attention to this. :) good luck with it

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 08/05/2013 3:24 am

No to fish oil and cod liver oil. They both inhibit wound healing with their high omega 3 levels.

MemberMember
(@violetmendoza)

Posted : 08/08/2013 2:36 am

Hello, thanks for posting this it was very helpful:)

Where did you buy the Vitamin C at? I have a lot of scars:( it seems like if the Vitamin C helped you the most.

MemberMember
(@heyybrighteyes)

Posted : 08/10/2013 11:37 pm

Hello, thanks for posting this it was very helpful:)

Where did you buy the Vitamin C at? I have a lot of scars:( it seems like if the Vitamin C helped you the most.

i bought estro-c from a farmers market (sprouts)

or whole foods

but im sure you can find it elsewhere

thats just where i purchased mine

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 08/11/2013 5:56 am

Cod liver oil :ewwwww.. Imagine this stuff comes from the liver of an animal.The liver is the 1st elimination organ

so there passes the toxins that the animal has to deal with daily. This stuff is nonsense .Period.

MemberMember
(@hatchter)

Posted : 08/13/2013 2:42 pm

Cod liver oil :ewwwww.. Imagine this stuff comes from the liver of an animal.The liver is the 1st elimination organ

so there passes the toxins that the animal has to deal with daily. This stuff is nonsense .Period.

I have read some of your posts. Most of them are utter nonsense. Stop trolling here. It seems your condition needs medication as well.