Stopping The Regime...

Notifications
Clear all

Stopping The Regimen For A Few Days

MemberMember
(@ben1876)

Posted : 07/22/2013 11:16 pm

I've been on the regimen for a few weeks now, and soon I'm going to a music festival where I'll be camping so I won't be able to do the regimen for around 4 days, I'm worried that I might break out in this time especially because I won't be able to shower and It will be hot and sweaty. Also my skin is really dry and flaky because of the regimen, so if I stop using the regimen, will this get even worse over these few days? My current plan is to use wet wipes to clean my face and maybe take some moisturiser if the dryness gets really bad. Do you guys have any suggestions or ways I can reduce the flakiness on my face that will happen when I don't use any products? Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 07/23/2013 12:25 am

Go buy yourself some jojoba oil and mix it with your moisturizer to get rid of flakiness.

MemberMember
(@cameroni)

Posted : 07/23/2013 12:35 am

Will you have an awful breakout that will ruin your month? NO. Will you get 1-2 pimples that will ruin your day? Probably.

I would still do the regimen somehow, maybe only do it once a day at night and you can go in to the bathroom and wash face in sink, when it comes to controlling acne using a regimen of any sort you have to get creative in situations like that and just do the best you can.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/23/2013 5:46 am

Most music festivals have indoor bathrooms that you can go to. Take a small mirror and just quickly and lightly apply some BP and moisturiser after you cleanse your face.

When I was on the regimen, I used to come home at 5 AM barely able to walk and still managed to complete it. :D

MemberMember
(@ben1876)

Posted : 07/23/2013 8:15 am

Thanks for the tips, do you think I can just get away with wiping my face with a wet wipe to get rid of the dirt and oils as an alternative to using a cleanser? And then I can just take a small amount of BP and moisturiser with me, and use that at night? I guess anything is better than nothing

MemberMember
(@cameroni)

Posted : 07/23/2013 5:22 pm

Thanks for the tips, do you think I can just get away with wiping my face with a wet wipe to get rid of the dirt and oils as an alternative to using a cleanser? And then I can just take a small amount of BP and moisturiser with me, and use that at night? I guess anything is better than nothing

That would be better than not doing any sort of cleansing in my opinion. I mean its only 4 days so go for it.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/24/2013 10:02 pm

The main issue will be dryness. You can overdry your skin to the point where you wont be able to use large amounts of bp ever again.

MemberMember
(@ben1876)

Posted : 07/25/2013 11:30 pm

What about if I just used clearasil daily clear cleansing pads and moisturise? The pads will keep my skin clean and it's easy to do, I could just follow it up with a little moisturiser. Or do you think switching products is a bad idea?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/26/2013 2:11 am

Don't stress too much about it. If you stop using the regimen for 4 days, it will set you back a bit but in the big scheme of things so what? You can just pick it back up when you return. It would be best to try applying a bit of Bp in the evenings if you can rather than nothing.

With cleansing wipes be extra careful because even though you think you are being gentle they are still quite rough on the skin so you could find that your face may become irritated an red.

But seriously, you will be at a 4 day music festival. Enjoy the bands, enjoy the time spent with friends and just get back on track on your return. :)

MemberMember
(@auroraspain)

Posted : 07/31/2013 2:28 am

I wouldnt use clearasil wipes, I think its a medicated product that could give you still more flakiness, maybe a better option would be using baby wipes or wipes for sensitive skin