Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars With Pic

MemberMember
(@amjbrick)

Posted : 07/22/2013 5:10 pm

My hubby bought me an iPad and unfortunately, I decided to take a pic of my 54 yr old face. Now I feel completely devastated by the truth in this image. I've suffered for yrs with the effects from acne. People...including my derm, tell me "it's not that bad" and imply that I'm exaggerating! Well....pics don't lie. No wonder I shy away from being in direct light. I have been diagnosed with bdd but my defect is obviously not imagined. Does a yo e know if laser would help my problem?

post-55281-0-47969000-1374531020_thumb.j

post-55281-0-47969000-1374531020_thumb.j

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/22/2013 5:15 pm

I would recommend skin needling. It helps with the formation of new collagen in scarring and can be beneficial to a lot of skin conditions. You can do this at home also, just take the time to research. All the best.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/22/2013 6:49 pm

Needling yes, no question if money is a problem, start slow with a 0.5mm and see how your skin reacts, move up to a 1.5mm if all goes well. It takes a long time, but it really does help. People give up after a couple of months...it's a journey and can take 8 months depending on age, smoking, general health.

If money is no problem, then a series of fraxels (4 or 5 roughly 1 month apart) will smooth things out, but you do have a large pit- perhaps subscsion (check out the posts by Mr Matt on subscisions) on that pit before each fraxel then at the end of the fraxel they could use filler for whatever indentation on that large pit is left. Fillers aren't permanent (I like Perlane) but again if you have the money it is a big confidence booster, you just may have to do it every 9 months.

You are lucky it is all concentrated in one spot, the rest of your face looks great- so find a good derm or plastic surgeon and get a 6 month plan (again if money is no option, although I think with the concentrated small area it wouldn't cost that much) and get going girl! You will see improvement in 6 months, perfection no, but you can make big strides.

Good luck to you and keep us posted!

MemberMember
(@zefferson)

Posted : 07/26/2013 7:09 am

Stop.

I want to start off by noting that the ipad camera lenses are incredible when it comes to detail and are meant to pick up on every imperfection and detail to the crisp (That's why they take great landscape photos), and when pointed at your face, with its harsh lighting, the ipad produces some terrible looking photos.

I have many patients who have iPads and use it as their mirror and come running to me, showing me pictures of their face and asking me for help!

I provide them with a mirror almost immediately and it is funny to see them exhale a little with relief and exclaim that they thought it looked way worse.

I just want you to know that first and foremost.

Secondly, I am not settled on this pin method in anyway shape or form. It is dangerous and risky and NOT for all skin types.

Have you tried moisturising with butters, oils or any topical scar treatments so far?

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 07/26/2013 10:27 am

My hubby bought me an iPad and unfortunately, I decided to take a pic of my 54 yr old face. Now I feel completely devastated by the truth in this image. I've suffered for yrs with the effects from acne. People...including my derm, tell me "it's not that bad" and imply that I'm exaggerating! Well....pics don't lie. No wonder I shy away from being in direct light. I have been diagnosed with bdd but my defect is obviously not imagined. Does a yo e know if laser would help my problem?

I would start off with some chemical peels. Obagi blue peel or a TCA peel will benefit you.

Makeupartistchoice.com has a bunch of great at home chemical peels with real testimonials.

Or you can see a dermatologist and get a peel done there.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 07/26/2013 3:19 pm

for me , your scars aren't bad but texture of your skin is the problem , i think some rounds of tca peel 35% combined with derma roller or dermapen included with topical retin A and vitamin c serum , may be is the solution , also there is active fx laser , it is good for improve texture of skin , and for scar under your mouth , subcision with fillers can improve it ..