How Can I Prepare Oats Without Cooking?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/22/2013 10:27 am

can i have oats uncooked?

just by soaking them overnight or more?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/22/2013 10:29 am

I've only ever had oats mixed with water or milk (which I don't have anymore) and then put it in the microwave for a few minutes. I'm sure your method would work, but I'd imagine them to be pretty dried up when you went to eat them the next day.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/22/2013 10:55 am

dried up?

i was expecting a swelled up thing next day.lol!!

not sure!

MemberMember
(@thefearlessface)

Posted : 07/23/2013 12:14 am

If they are rolled oats, you can eat them as they are. The process of rolling them flat uses heat and essentially cooks them. I've made power bars with rolled oats before that required no further cooking.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/23/2013 5:03 am

If they are rolled oats, you can eat them as they are. The process of rolling them flat uses heat and essentially cooks them. I've made power bars with rolled oats before that required no further cooking.

i have less or no idea about packets ones.are those rolled ones?

are they good for acne-diet btw?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/23/2013 7:50 am

dried up?

not sure!

They won't be dried up. Traditional muesli is rolled oats soaked over night in yogurt topped with fruit and nuts.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/23/2013 8:50 am

dried up?

not sure!

They won't be dried up. Traditional muesli is rolled oats soaked over night in yogurt topped with fruit and nuts.

if i get rolled oats and soak them for 12-14 hrs in luke warm or hot(?) water and have it with fruits,walnuts etc.??

btw,are rolled oats good enough(since its treated in someway)??

i have an electric kettle,do ur thread have any recipe which i can make without oven-top??

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/23/2013 4:58 pm

dried up?

not sure!

if i get rolled oats and soak them for 12-14 hrs in luke warm or hot(?) water and have it with fruits,walnuts etc.??

btw,are rolled oats good enough(since its treated in someway)??

i have an electric kettle,do ur thread have any recipe which i can make without oven-top??

You can cook in a thermos by pouring boiling water over food and leaving it. Many people do. Google it. You need A good, stainless steal one.

It can keep things hot for days. There are also thermal hot pots for the purpose of cooking, but they are expensive.

The pour boiling water over the oats before bed and they should be cooked and still hot by morning.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/23/2013 5:11 pm

Maybe I've got the wrong kind of oats in mind? If I made the oats that I eat and left them over night, they would have absorbed all of the water and wouldn't be very appetising.

I'm talking porridged oats (oatmeal) that are meant to be moist.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/23/2013 6:03 pm

Maybe I've got the wrong kind of oats in mind? If I made the oats that I eat and left them over night, they would have absorbed all of the water and wouldn't be very appetising.

yes, so are we. The oats would absorb the water, therefore would no longer be dry.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/23/2013 6:16 pm

yes, so are we. The oats would absorb the water, therefore would no longer be dry.

Maybe I eat oats differently to everyone else then. I don't like oats that are like eating clay, I like them to be very moist. I have left oats for a while and they just stick to the bowl and turn into mush.