Notifications
Clear all

Natural Chinese Remedy

MemberMember
(@tgirl)

Posted : 07/21/2013 4:23 am

Hi there,

I feel like I have to share my experience with acne and treatment.

From when I was 12-15 I had severe acne and tried numerous skincare many containing benzoyl peroxide (or whatever it is called) which seemed to help but only slightly. I also tried strange supplements from overseas and other chemical liquids. My bestfriend decided to use the birth control pill to help control her acne and yes this was somewhat effective however my parents were not keen on me consuming more chemicals.

My mum got talking to a family member who went to Chinese accupunture and the family member suggested I try going to her Chinese herbal clinic to see if they were able to help reduce my acne.

So we gave it a try. I was given a dark liquid to drink every night which tasted TERRIBLE (i had to hold my nose and drink a big glass of water afterwards!). I'm not sure of the ingredients but they were all natural chinese herbs and remedies. Over the first month I didn't notice much but we persevered. I would see the Chinese 'doctor' every week where she would take my pulse and check the surface of my tongue and she also suggested I cut back on eating my high sodium instant noodles and chocolate (no idea if chocolate makes a difference but perhaps it reacts to the drink I took). A few months later and I saw changes, my acne was reducing [Edited image out]

A year later my skin was AMAZING. Almost fully clear for the first time in years!!!! I didn't have to cake on makeup, cry or hide. I was so confident to go out!

I really suggest you try a Chinese Herbal clinic because maybe they can help you like they helped me! I didn't have to consume potentiall harmful chemicals or pills and it was all natural. I'm so much happier!

Goodluck!

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 10/30/2013 1:39 am

I've also had a good result with Chinese medicine! I'm glad you were too! Hooray

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 10/30/2013 6:27 am

what exactly were you both taking and how often did you have to see the herbalist?

tough to find good ones in the United States...where are you guys located?

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 11/03/2013 1:19 am

what exactly were you both taking and how often did you have to see the herbalist?

tough to find good ones in the United States...where are you guys located?

I am not sure what is exactly in the powdered medicine but i'm pretty sure it has a bit of laxatives in there. I know it's bad to not know the ingredients i'm putting in my body but she's my family friend and i put my trust in her hands. I see her once every two weeks and take it 3x a day. I live in Canada, British Columbia!

MemberMember
(@outsider1)

Posted : 11/05/2013 2:10 pm

What type of tincture did you guys take?