I Need Answers 🙁 T...

Notifications
Clear all

I Need Answers 🙁 The Regimen

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/20/2013 9:28 pm

So i have been following the regimen for 4 weeks and 6 days now. And i'm using a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream, I use it only once a day. And at night i use 0.1% retinoic acid cream. I like the retinoic acid cream because it shrinks my pimples in the morning. Those stuff were prescribed by my dermatogist. And i was wondering if 10% BP is just as effective as the 2.5%? I have moderate acne now though. Can you guys please share stories about 10% BP? And how long did it clear you? Im just so depressed and very frustrated :( Anybody here also using 10% BP?

post-213520-0-82476700-1374373921_thumb.

post-213520-0-41833500-1374373940_thumb.

post-213520-0-62410400-1374374059_thumb.

post-213520-0-82476700-1374373921_thumb.

post-213520-0-41833500-1374373940_thumb.

post-213520-0-62410400-1374374059_thumb.

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 07/21/2013 12:54 am

Hey there, I think using 10% BP while on the Regimen isn't the best idea. It burns like HELL sometimes and it can leave your skin really red and raw. 2.5% can irritate your skin too until you adapt to it but 10% BP is much harsher. I used some 10% on chest acne a few months ago and I woke up with my chest looking like it was inflamed. Also it might not be a good idea to mix a retinoid cream with the BP application, since those two products together might be counterproductive. It's a good idea to just use BP either twice a day or once a day, whatever works for your skin.

Is it possible to get a 2.5% BP where you live?

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/21/2013 2:03 am

Hey there, I think using 10% BP while on the Regimen isn't the best idea. It burns like HELL sometimes and it can leave your skin really red and raw. 2.5% can irritate your skin too until you adapt to it but 10% BP is much harsher. I used some 10% on chest acne a few months ago and I woke up with my chest looking like it was inflamed. Also it might not be a good idea to mix a retinoid cream with the BP application, since those two products together might be counterproductive. It's a good idea to just use BP either twice a day or once a day, whatever works for your skin.

Is it possible to get a 2.5% BP where you live?

Yes, I live in Florida. And I dont mix them though. I use the 10% BP at day while i use the retinoic acid cream at night. Im not sure if the 10% is going to clear my acne for good :( it seems okay to me, it doesnt burn since i only use it once a day. Im also planning to buy Dan's BP when i finish all the BP bottles that i have. How long does it take to clear an acne using BP?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/21/2013 7:15 am

I only used 10%BP when I was spot treating my acne. For the regimen, I do not advise using 10% as it can really do a number on your skin. It is overly harsh and irritating. Using that, plus the retin-a seems like too much and it will most probably leave your skin in worse condition. I would get Dan's BP as soon as possible because really the 2.5% works just as well as the 10% with less of the irritation on your skin.

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/21/2013 9:06 am

I only used 10%BP when I was spot treating my acne. For the regimen, I do not advise using 10% as it can really do a number on your skin. It is overly harsh and irritating. Using that, plus the retin-a seems like too much and it will most probably leave your skin in worse condition. I would get Dan's BP as soon as possible because really the 2.5% works just as well as the 10% with less of the irritation on your skin.

I got rid of my acne before. But it came back because i used sunblock on my face :( totally regret it. I used 4% BP before at day and retinoic acid cream at night. Ive seen success stories on youtube using 10% BP once a day thats why im holding onto it. I dont wanna waste my last bottle :( it doesnt look worse, but i still get little break outs, but i stopped having cystic acne though, thank god. Should i really stop what my dermatologist prescribed? :(

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/21/2013 7:26 pm

I got rid of my acne before. But it came back because i used sunblock on my face sad.png totally regret it. I used 4% BP before at day and retinoic acid cream at night. Ive seen success stories on youtube using 10% BP once a day thats why im holding onto it. I dont wanna waste my last bottle sad.png it doesnt look worse, but i still get little break outs, but i stopped having cystic acne though, thank god. Should i really stop what my dermatologist prescribed? sad.png

Ya know if its working for you and then keep doing it. Everybody's skin is different and it will respond to different things in different ways.

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/21/2013 7:29 pm

I got rid of my acne before. But it came back because i used sunblock on my face sad.png totally regret it. I used 4% BP before at day and retinoic acid cream at night. Ive seen success stories on youtube using 10% BP once a day thats why im holding onto it. I dont wanna waste my last bottle sad.png it doesnt look worse, but i still get little break outs, but i stopped having cystic acne though, thank god. Should i really stop what my dermatologist prescribed? sad.png

Ya know if its working for you and then keep doing it. Everybody's skin is different and it will respond to different things in different ways.

Im not so sure about this :( i mean its not getting worse and its also not getting better :( help meeeee

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/21/2013 8:18 pm

Im not so sure about this sad.png i mean its not getting worse and its also not getting better sad.png help meeeee

As long as it isn't getting worse, you're fine. I say stick with it! It really is just a test of patience. Four weeks isn't really that long as far as acne treatments go. In fact, clear in 4 weeks is pretty miraculous in most situations. Try to think as little as you can about your skin and focus on other things. When I was on the Regimen the first time, I was getting frustrated that I wasn't getting the results I wanted fast enough. Eventually I kinda stopped caring so much (but proceeded to do the Regimen anyway). Then one day, out of the blue, I realized I was clear... lol.

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/21/2013 8:21 pm

Im not so sure about this sad.png i mean its not getting worse and its also not getting better sad.png help meeeee

As long as it isn't getting worse, you're fine. I say stick with it! It really is just a test of patience. Four weeks isn't really that long as far as acne treatments go. In fact, clear in 4 weeks is pretty miraculous in most situations. Try to think as little as you can about your skin and focus on other things. When I was on the Regimen the first time, I was getting frustrated that I wasn't getting the results I wanted fast enough. Eventually I kinda stopped caring so much (but proceeded to do the Regimen anyway). Then one day, out of the blue, I realized I was clear... lol.

Yea you're right, i'm just really impatient :( How long did it take for you to get totally cleared up?

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/21/2013 8:33 pm

Yea you're right, i'm just really impatient sad.png How long did it take for you to get totally cleared up?

It took about a year for me to finally get the complexion I dreamed of... by that I mean, not just acne-free, I mean like, super smooth skin, almost no hyperpigmentation and no acne to speak of. And my acne was moderate-severe when I started. But it took maybe 3-4 months until I was at the point where my acne wasn't such a big deal any more. I mean, it was still there, but it was light enough that I didn't really worry about it. It looked like the acne everyone gets some time or another, rather than the huge cystic mess I started with.

Unfortunately after that I decided that I was too good for BP and decided to try a more holistic approach... bad mistake. My skin has had ups and downs since then, but a really BIG down which occured not too long ago inspired me to go on the Regimen once again.

And yes, I know it's frustrating, because we all want results NOW rather than later... but honestly, I've had acne for 7 years of my life, quite severe at times, missed a lot of opportunities because of how self-conscious I felt about it... so I'm always willing to put in a couple months if it means I can be myself again!

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/21/2013 8:39 pm

Yea you're right, i'm just really impatient sad.png How long did it take for you to get totally cleared up?

It took about a year for me to finally get the complexion I dreamed of... by that I mean, not just acne-free, I mean like, super smooth skin, almost no hyperpigmentation and no acne to speak of. And my acne was moderate-severe when I started. But it took maybe 3-4 months until I was at the point where my acne wasn't such a big deal any more. I mean, it was still there, but it was light enough that I didn't really worry about it. It looked like the acne everyone gets some time or another, rather than the huge cystic mess I started with.

Unfortunately after that I decided that I was too good for BP and decided to try a more holistic approach... bad mistake. My skin has had ups and downs since then, but a really BIG down which occured not too long ago inspired me to go on the Regimen once again.

And yes, I know it's frustrating, because we all want results NOW rather than later... but honestly, I've had acne for 7 years of my life, quite severe at times, missed a lot of opportunities because of how self-conscious I felt about it... so I'm always willing to put in a couple months if it means I can be myself again!

Yes, yes, thats exactly how i feel. I'll give it 3 months, and if it doesn't stop breaking out then im buying dan's bp. 10% isn't that bad is it? Sometimes when i wash my face with a non-medicated cleanser, it stings, other days it doesn't. I just hope this works. I'm just worried about wasting my time and effort for this.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/22/2013 2:55 am

Just stick it out with what your derm has prescribed and give it some time to take effect.

Technically you aren't following 'the regimen' though because you're using 10% BP plus a retinoid at night. I'm sure your derm also hasn't advised you to apply two finger lengths of BP either (like the regimen advises).

Use the amounts your derm has told you to apply, follow his instructions precisely and be patient. :)

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/22/2013 7:34 pm

Just stick it out with what your derm has prescribed and give it some time to take effect.

Technically you aren't following 'the regimen' though because you're using 10% BP plus a retinoid at night. I'm sure your derm also hasn't advised you to apply two finger lengths of BP either (like the regimen advises).

Use the amounts your derm has told you to apply, follow his instructions precisely and be patient. :)

Good luck!

Im so worried :((((( my scars are starting to multiply. Theyre like deep-ish scars :((((( i feel ao ugly :(

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/23/2013 8:11 pm

Use the amounts your derm has told you to apply, follow his instructions precisely and be patient. smile.png

Good luck!

Im so worried sad.png(((( my scars are starting to multiply. Theyre like deep-ish scars sad.png(((( i feel ao ugly sad.png

You mean pitted scars? Honestly, your skin does NOT look bad at all from the pics. Heck, if my skin was like that I'd be sooo happy!

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/23/2013 8:50 pm

Use the amounts your derm has told you to apply, follow his instructions precisely and be patient. smile.png

Good luck!

Im so worried sad.png(((( my scars are starting to multiply. Theyre like deep-ish scars sad.png(((( i feel ao ugly sad.png

You mean pitted scars? Honestly, your skin does NOT look bad at all from the pics. Heck, if my skin was like that I'd be sooo happy!

Awwwh im just so depressed about my face :( and yea pitted scars. Will they still heal? How many weeks did your skin stop breaking out from the regimen?

Good luck!

Awwwh im just so depressed about my face :( and yea pitted scars. Will they still heal? How many weeks did your skin stop breaking out from the regimen?

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/24/2013 10:58 am

Good luck!

Awwwh im just so depressed about my face sad.png and yea pitted scars. Will they still heal? How many weeks did your skin stop breaking out from the regimen?

>

Good luck!

Awwwh im just so depressed about my face sad.png and yea pitted scars. Will they still heal? How many weeks did your skin stop breaking out from the regimen?

Well when I did the Regimen, it was 3-4 months before my acne didn't bother me anymore because it was so slight. I never stopped breaking out completely, but I only had maybe one or two small pimples a week.

If your skin is young and the scars are fresh there is a chance that they won't look as bad after some time. I'd focus on stopping your breakouts first, to prevent any more scarring. Once you have no more active acne, you can ask your derm about your options if the scars are still bothering you. But unless they're super-deep I wouldn't worry, no one really notices or cares about some light scarring: we are always our own worst critics.

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/24/2013 11:54 am

Good luck!

>

Good luck!

Well when I did the Regimen, it was 3-4 months before my acne didn't bother me anymore because it was so slight. I never stopped breaking out completely, but I only had maybe one or two small pimples a week.

If your skin is young and the scars are fresh there is a chance that they won't look as bad after some time. I'd focus on stopping your breakouts first, to prevent any more scarring. Once you have no more active acne, you can ask your derm about your options if the scars are still bothering you. But unless they're super-deep I wouldn't worry, no one really notices or cares about some light scarring: we are always our own worst critics.

Yes. Thanks for saying that. I also have light break outs, i only have 1-4 pimples every 1-2 days. Im only 19 years old. And i dont have my derm anymore because i moved to florida. And my derm was from the Philippines. Uhm how long will i get the products of the regimen if ever i order them?

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 07/24/2013 11:56 am

2.5% is just as effective as 10%, only 2.5% will not dry out and irritate your skin as much. I personally do not have any experience with 10% benzoyl peroxide, but I'm using 2.5% and it cleared my mild/moderate acne pretty quick when I was using it twice a day, I only use it once a day now and I still get a blemish or two but for the most part I'm very happy.

Your skin is looking great by the way, good luck!

MemberMember
(@heyitskaye)

Posted : 07/24/2013 12:08 pm

2.5% is just as effective as 10%, only 2.5% will not dry out and irritate your skin as much. I personally do not have any experience with 10% benzoyl peroxide, but I'm using 2.5% and it cleared my mild/moderate acne pretty quick when I was using it twice a day, I only use it once a day now and I still get a blemish or two but for the most part I'm very happy.

Awwh thanks for pulling me up, ive been so down lately about my acne :( 10% doesnt really irritate me, maybe because my skin got used to it already and i only use it once a day. Im just wondering if its a slow process? Since i only use it once a day unlike everyone who uses it twice a day

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/24/2013 9:34 pm

Awwh thanks for pulling me up, ive been so down lately about my acne sad.png 10% doesnt really irritate me, maybe because my skin got used to it already and i only use it once a day. Im just wondering if its a slow process? Since i only use it once a day unlike everyone who uses it twice a day

Well in order for BP to prevent new acne, I think the ideal is to have it on your face 24/7. I read somewhere that BP is only effective for twelve hours or so... but that could just be some of the broscience that this site is filled with.

Some people manage to stay clear by using BP only once a day.

Honestly I think you shouldn't worry so much... any acne treatment takes time. Being clear in five weeks is pretty miraculous by anyone's standards, seeing how stubborn acne can be and how long it can take to form.

Give it three months like you said in one of your earlier posts. Don't think too much about the present, think about how clear you'll be in the future. That's the psychological key to any acne regimen. If you're still not satisfied after three months, I would suggest trying the Acne.org Regimen. The transition for you shouldn't be too bad since your face has had experience with BP. Who knows, maybe the lower BP percentage (less irritation) coupled with 24-hour BP presence will be exactly what you need?