Notifications
Clear all

Sometimes I Hate People.

MemberMember
(@moonlightshadow)

Posted : 07/20/2013 1:34 pm

Why ? Because few weeks ago I was shopping with my mom in a supermarket when a woman just next to us told her daughter :

" Look at her face, poor girl " No need to tell you that this girl was me. And no need to tell you how I felt at that moment.

I just thought that if I had magical powers, I would have covered her face with acne, so she will also scream and cry while looking at herself in the mirror. I don't like making pity or being criticized just because of my skin. Sometimes I just want to go out and tell the world that I didn't choose to have an acne-prone skin. Nobody's perfect, people said. But people can not stop looking at you and talking behind you. That makes me sick. They can't understand how we feel, they never had acne. Then why being so... Nasty ? Is it because they feel more beautiful, more powerful with their " perfect " skin ? What's your opinion about this ? Do you agree with me ? (If I made mistakes, sorry, English is not my native language)

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 07/20/2013 3:20 pm

It is the discrimination that we are dealing with on a daily basis. I wonder what would have happened if she said something on the lines of "Look, her skin is black, poor girl." about an African girl. Different skin colours are fine. A minor problem with your skin? That's not fine.

MemberMember
(@bluemoon3)

Posted : 07/20/2013 5:27 pm

When something like this happens, you need to acquire a tactic to avoid the self-critcism that can result from it. It sounds barbaric, but if somebody is disrespectful towards you, you need to learn how to protect your wellbeing and self-esteem by thinking about the imperfections that THEY may have. I can bet a lot of money that this woman was uncomfortable in her OWN self. Nobody feels the need to criticise others, especially to their own children, unless they possess an insecurity about themselves. She may have an "imperfection" far, far worse than your acne - perhaps hidden, or psychological. The open criticism in front of her daughter is already an imperfection, and far, far uglier than acne. She is teaching her daughter at a young age that acne is a bad thing. She should feel ashamed, especially if her daughter grows up to have acne, and forever hold that thought of hearing her mother criticise others for having acne in public. Just remember, you are a far better being and at least your acne will go. Disrespectful behaviour is something far more deep-rooted and will probably always be with people of this nature.

MemberMember
(@moonlightshadow)

Posted : 07/20/2013 6:24 pm

Thank you very much for your response :) You are right, even if we must admit that sometimes it's hard to forget this kind of remaks. I have to say that it's weird to feel angry against a person that you do not even know just because she criticized you. Your message is encouraging. I will keep it in mind

When something like this happens, you need to acquire a tactic to avoid the self-critcism that can result from it. It sounds barbaric, but if somebody is disrespectful towards you, you need to learn how to protect your wellbeing and self-esteem by thinking about the imperfections that THEY may have. I can bet a lot of money that this woman was uncomfortable in her OWN self. Nobody feels the need to criticise others, especially to their own children, unless they possess an insecurity about themselves. She may have an "imperfection" far, far worse than your acne - perhaps hidden, or psychological. The open criticism in front of her daughter is already an imperfection, and far, far uglier than acne. She is teaching her daughter at a young age that acne is a bad thing. She should feel ashamed, especially if her daughter grows up to have acne, and forever hold that thought of hearing her mother criticise others for having acne in public. Just remember, you are a far better being and at least your acne will go. Disrespectful behaviour is something far more deep-rooted and will probably always be with people of this nature.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 07/20/2013 7:39 pm

Not sometimes, always.

MemberMember
(@likecake)

Posted : 07/20/2013 11:46 pm

sometimes i hate people too, especially when their look on my face, oh i feel their just look for my horibble skin

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 07/21/2013 1:40 am

Lol, you took my line

Not sometimes, always.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 07/21/2013 2:27 am

yeah i use to be in this kind of situation all the time when my skin was at it's worst. even now i still get it just not as extreme as before. Now it's just the mentioning of my acne, it use to be something like omg/wtf/god dame/ugly/ewww/wow/jesus christ lol well you get the picture. that was pretty much a daily thing back when i was in hs & whenever i was out in public. especially during the first five years my skin looked just straight up deformed, i swear it was that bad.

I keep mentioning here on the org, that i sometimes wonder how i made it through those times. I guess a little by luck, but i just straight up grinded it out everyday. i just imagined that someday it would get better & it would all end sooner or later, one way or another. really that is the biggest reason that keeps me going & will continue to keeo me going probably till the day i'm gone.

because you see this is the way i see it & i'll probably make a thread for this with more details sometime lol. (i'm getting ideas while i type) Ok now, see how i think about it is this... i am lucky enough, smart really to know that i am a being that wont be here forever & that someday, somewhere, somehow i am going to die. when i do that will be the end of my earthly suffering,pain,sadness but also joy as well, everything really.

So i guess i figure what the hell i know it's all going to end someday & for all i know i'll never be alive again. From that idea i just take it one day at a time, just to see where it all goes. To see what happens, what else we learn, what else we create. indeed i figure why not be a wittiness of humanity, a wittiness to life, a wittiness to the universe that to me is a hell of a reason to stay alive.

my life, is far from the best & it will maybe last 80+ years if im lucky in that time i want to try & learn as much as i can about my surroundings in this reality. Am i happy right now? honestly no i long to be carefree about my looks & feel that a average skin would allow me to be that. All i can & want to do is the same thing as before imagine a better tomorrow & just take it one day at a time..

MemberMember
(@moonlightshadow)

Posted : 07/21/2013 9:18 am

yeah i use to be in this kind of situation all the time when my skin was at it's worst. even now i still get it just not as extreme as before. Now it's just the mentioning of my acne, it use to be something like omg/wtf/god dame/ugly/ewww/wow/jesus christ lol well you get the picture. that was pretty much a daily thing back when i was in hs & whenever i was out in public. especially during the first five years my skin looked just straight up deformed, i swear it was that bad.

I keep mentioning here on the org, that i sometimes wonder how i made it through those times. I guess a little by luck, but i just straight up grinded it out everyday. i just imagined that someday it would get better & it would all end sooner or later, one way or another. really that is the biggest reason that keeps me going & will continue to keeo me going probably till the day i'm gone.

because you see this is the way i see it & i'll probably make a thread for this with more details sometime lol. (i'm getting ideas while i type) Ok now, see how i think about it is this... i am lucky enough, smart really to know that i am a being that wont be here forever & that someday, somewhere, somehow i am going to die. when i do that will be the end of my earthly suffering,pain,sadness but also joy as well, everything really.

So i guess i figure what the hell i know it's all going to end someday & for all i know i'll never be alive again. From that idea i just take it one day at a time, just to see where it all goes. To see what happens, what else we learn, what else we create. indeed i figure why not be a wittiness of humanity, a wittiness to life, a wittiness to the universe that to me is a hell of a reason to stay alive.

my life, is far from the best & it will maybe last 80+ years if im lucky in that time i want to try & learn as much as i can about my surroundings in this reality. Am i happy right now? honestly no i long to be carefree about my looks & feel that a average skin would allow me to be that. All i can & want to do is the same thing as before imagine a better tomorrow & just take it one day at a time..

I see what you mean. It's true, it is necessary to live every day as if he was the last one... Acne leaves ugly scars. It does not mean that we have to stop living... I agree... But what I want to say, is that life would have been easier if people were understandable toward us. I am 17 years old, 2 years ago I had a normal skin. And then everything changed. I had pimples everywhere, I made a cure of Accutane, but I did not hold 2 months. I had suicidal thoughts then I stopped taking it but I became depressive. In HS, I did not accept what i became, I found it unfair that people who smoke, drink and eat fast food every day have a flawless skin while I looked like a calculator. Until I understand that acne is genetic. I changed, I became strange. That's what people are saying about me. Next summer I am going to university, and I am afraid, already. But " imagine a better tomorrow & just take it one day at a time.. " Your example is to be followed. Thank you for your answer. :)

sometimes i hate people too, especially when their look on my face, oh i feel their just look for my horibble skin

Same for me :(