Notifications
Clear all

Whiteheads On Chin Keep Coming

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 07/19/2013 7:21 pm

I can't seem to figure this out. I'm in a constant battle with whiteheads on my chin.

Any of you have this issue with your chin? What was/is your solution? I use BHA, which I think helps, but doesn't completely control it.

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 07/20/2013 12:22 am

I've read a lot on here about toothpaste possibly causing acne around your mouth because of the fluoride (I think?). Anyways, I used to brush my teeth in the shower and the toothpaste would pretty much get all over my mouth area but after I read that I stopped brushing in the shower and am very careful not to get any toothpaste on my face and it seemed to help me.

MemberMember
(@cameroni)

Posted : 07/21/2013 1:19 am

Well that just happends to be the area you break out, we all have those areas, some people its cheeks, upper lip, temples, nose, etc...for me personally its upper lip and inner corner of eyes ( weird right?), along with nose. Treat it like any other area with acne, Benzoyl or SA or a perscription retinoid if you have one. dont frget to cleanse and mousturize

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 07/22/2013 3:54 pm

I've read a lot on here about toothpaste possibly causing acne around your mouth because of the fluoride (I think?). Anyways, I used to brush my teeth in the shower and the toothpaste would pretty much get all over my mouth area but after I read that I stopped brushing in the shower and am very careful not to get any toothpaste on my face and it seemed to help me.

You could also try not brushing your teeth straight before bed. Otherwise you may be dribbling the toothpaste which could cause breakouts (don't quote me on this lol)

MemberMember
(@heftymug)

Posted : 07/22/2013 3:57 pm

You could also try not brushing your teeth straight before bed. Otherwise you may be dribbling the toothpaste which could cause breakouts (don't quote me on this lol)

Haha yeah that's also a possibility! Forgot to mention I also picked up some toothpaste that a bunch of members on here recommended because there's no fluoride in it, I think it was called Toms Of Maine.

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 07/22/2013 4:07 pm

Haha yeah that's also a possibility! Forgot to mention I also picked up some toothpaste that a bunch of members on here recommended because there's no fluoride in it, I think it was called Toms Of Maine.

I personally have gone back to using fluoride toothpaste and I've definitely noticed a difference in terms of the cleanliness + appearance of my teeth. Skin-wise it doesn't seem to have made any difference though my skin's usually pretty clear these days. I previously used one by Green People.

What you could do is use a non-fluoride toothpaste at night and one with fluoride in the morning,