Notifications
Clear all

Overall Facial Redness And Shininess

MemberMember
(@mtcnfl)

Posted : 07/19/2013 4:18 pm

Hey guys, my face lately has been looking really red and shiny compared to the rest of my body, and I just wanna know how to fix this. I have moderate acne, a few whiteheads every couple days, but mostly red spots from previous pimples that haven't healed.

I use a Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser at day and night, and in the mornings I use Clindmycin lotion all over, then moisturize. At night I use retin a 1% lotion all over then moisturize. I also have aczone for spot treating. I stopped using retin a for a few days but that barely helped. What else can I do to reduce the redness and shininess of my face?

MemberMember
(@tex67sun)

Posted : 07/20/2013 12:02 am

I would try just using your lotions on spots only, instead of all over. Your regimen sounds like mine did when I had constant blemishes pop up everyday, everywhere. Every product I used had something in it to fight acne. Over time I think all those medicated products took a toll on my skin, not only on the active stuff, but all over. I wanted so much to prevent everything from popping up; my acne was not isolated at all and would pop up anywhere on my face so I also would put a layer of some cream all over day and night. When my acne began subsiding, my skin all over was not pretty like I hoped.

Don't do so much prevention with your lotions except for active spots; that's what I would suggest. If you are cleansing and moisturizing properly and doing what you can to simply keep your skin healthy, your skin will have it's best shot at being normal, healthy, and help prevent acne on its own. If your skin is healthy it will probably not be as shiny anymore either. Healthy skin is balanced skin. I don't use any acne products anymore and my skin has lost a lot of its redness over the last year. It is the healthiest I remember it ever being since before acne. Tea tree oil has been a big help to my skin as well.

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 08/03/2013 6:10 pm

After I cleared my skin, it was still slightly pink and sensitive from overuse of benzoyl peroxide. I use Clinique's redness relief cream cleanser and it really has made my skin even and not pink!