Regimen Made Skin A...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen Made Skin Alittle Tanner

MemberMember
(@darksoul123)

Posted : 07/19/2013 3:11 pm

Hey Guys,

So I've been on Regimen for almost 4 + months now and though I've seen improvement along the way. But one thing is just that it made my skin alittle yellowish tannish type. Is that the moisturizer that is doing it because I don't seem to be able to find an answer...

Anybody had similar experiences? If so how did you turned the skin color to its orginal form?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/19/2013 4:44 pm

Alot of regimen users talk about this happening. It is the BP that causes it to happen.

MemberMember
(@darksoul123)

Posted : 07/19/2013 6:59 pm

Alot of regimen users talk about this happening. It is the BP that causes it to happen.

Yes I've been reading that BP causes skin to be more sensitive to the sun which i was not aware of but how can i go about fix this. Should i cut down BP or do it once a day?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/19/2013 9:19 pm

You should be wearing sun screen daily even if your not outside or if it's raining or snowing. That will help with the sun issue. I would continue with normal BP usage. You just have to wait for your skin to fade back to its original color

MemberMember
(@darksoul123)

Posted : 07/19/2013 9:53 pm

You should be wearing sun screen daily even if your not outside or if it's raining or snowing. That will help with the sun issue. I would continue with normal BP usage. You just have to wait for your skin to fade back to its original color

And I also ordered AHA which i know makes the skin more sensitive to the sun should I wait on the AHA... And for the sunscreen is that necessary ? can't the skin just get used to BP and fade back as time goes on?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/19/2013 10:01 pm

The sun screen is a must! Aha will make your skin even more sun sensitive. BP and the sun just aren't friends no matter how used to your skin it is. Glycolic Acid and the sun aren't friends either which is why you need the sunscreen. Your just going t damage your skin without using it. Are you following dans regimen off of this site?mof so you should read up on it more then you will see why SPF is so important.

MemberMember
(@darksoul123)

Posted : 07/19/2013 10:52 pm

The sun screen is a must! Aha will make your skin even more sun sensitive. BP and the sun just aren't friends no matter how used to your skin it is. Glycolic Acid and the sun aren't friends either which is why you need the sunscreen. Your just going t damage your skin without using it. Are you following dans regimen off of this site?mof so you should read up on it more then you will see why SPF is so important.

So i can say that is why my cheeks are kind of tight and red its because the contact of the sun. If i continue the use of the sunscreen will it improve the stiffness of the cheeks? The sunscreen matter is kind of hard to grasp.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/19/2013 11:14 pm

What about wearing sunscreen is hard to grasp? To protect your skin from the harmful rays of sun that will react with the chemicals you are puttimh on your face every morning and every night you wear sun screen. It's very important. If you look into the regimen or look into the products Dan uses he explains in video why wearing a SPF is important. Which is the same reasons I'm going you but maybe hearing it from him will make it click or something I dont know.

If you cheeks are tight and red I wouldn't blame that on the sun. I would blame that on the BP and your moisturizer. You skin sounds super dry and irrated from the BP. Maybe you should switch moisturizers or add jojoba oils. Or both. Most regimen users end up not using dans moisturizer. They switch over to Cetaphil or CeraVe or neutrogena branded ones. I think you'll be happier with your skin if you get a new moisturizer for sure.

MemberMember
(@darksoul123)

Posted : 07/19/2013 11:31 pm

What about wearing sunscreen is hard to grasp? To protect your skin from the harmful rays of sun that will react with the chemicals you are puttimh on your face every morning and every night you wear sun screen. It's very important. If you look into the regimen or look into the products Dan uses he explains in video why wearing a SPF is important. Which is the same reasons I'm going you but maybe hearing it from him will make it click or something I dont know.

If you cheeks are tight and red I wouldn't blame that on the sun. I would blame that on the BP and your moisturizer. You skin sounds super dry and irrated from the BP. Maybe you should switch moisturizers or add jojoba oils. Or both. Most regimen users end up not using dans moisturizer. They switch over to Cetaphil or CeraVe or neutrogena branded ones. I think you'll be happier with your skin if you get a new moisturizer for sure.

I've been using Jojoba oil religiously for 2 months now it worked liked a charm in the beginning but it is not doing much either. I think you might be right I need a new moisturizer. Have you used Dan's Moistrizer before before switiching over to another one?.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/19/2013 11:39 pm

I've never used dans moisturizer because I've not heard great reviews about it. I use CeraVe moisturizing cream and I love it! Nice consistencey it's thick yet light at the same time. It sinks into the skin quickly and doesn't leave residue on the skin or anything. Stops peeling right in its track. I just love using it.

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 07/20/2013 12:03 am

You might want to switch moisturizers. I use Olay's all day moisturizer for sensitive skin (spf 15) in the morning with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil and my skin turned back to its normal colour from being super red and flaky. The lotion gets absorbed very well with the jojoba oil, so I think you'll like it and it doesnt leave any residue on your face. Before I started using the jojoba oil, my friends thought I got sun burnt. Lol

You also HAVE to wear sun screen if you don't want the sun to damage your skin esp if you're using BP and AHA+. It's a must unless you stay indoors all day.

MemberMember
(@darksoul123)

Posted : 07/20/2013 12:20 am

You might want to switch moisturizers. I use Olay's all day moisturizer for sensitive skin (spf 15) in the morning with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil and my skin turned back to its normal colour from being super red and flaky. The lotion gets absorbed very well with the jojoba oil, so I think you'll like it and it doesnt leave any residue on your face. Before I started using the jojoba oil, my friends thought I got sun burnt. Lol

You also HAVE to wear sun screen if you don't want the sun to damage your skin esp if you're using BP and AHA+. It's a must unless you stay indoors all day.

How much amount of Bp do you use? because it seems like when i apply my face turns all red and dryness appears all around. I'm highly considering changing mositirizers. Did you used Dan's mositrizers and have you also experienced your skin turning yellowish?

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 07/20/2013 12:39 am

How much amount of Bp do you use? because it seems like when i apply my face turns all red and dryness appears all around. I'm highly considering changing mositirizers. Did you used Dan's mositrizers and have you also experienced your skin turning yellowish?

Because my face is clear now, I only use 1 pump of Dan's BP in the morning and 1 pump at night. When I used to have acne, I did the recommended full 2 pumps until my face got cleared then I went back to using 1 pump as a preventative measure to avoid breaking out again. Even with 2 full pumps of BP, I made sure that I used enough moisturizer and 5-6 drops of jojoba oil to cover all the dry areas on my face.

And no, I've never used Dan's moisturizer mainly because I read a lot of negative reviews about it leaving a yellow residue on your face when you sweat.

But Dan recommended the olay spf lotion that I told you about, so check that out as well. It's about $8-10 at walmart and it lasts for a month if you use it twice a day.

MemberMember
(@darksoul123)

Posted : 07/20/2013 2:03 am

Do you think Olay is a good one to start? What about CeraVe or Netrogena brand?.

MemberMember
(@vixinity)

Posted : 07/20/2013 2:29 am

I'm using olay essentials day fluid SPF 15. Use that as your moisturizer if you're kinda reluctant to wear sunscreen.

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 07/20/2013 2:46 am

Do you think Olay is a good one to start? What about CeraVe or Netrogena brand?.

Yes, try it first. If not, you could always try the other two. It really depends on how your skin takes it.

MemberMember
(@darksoul123)

Posted : 07/20/2013 3:09 am

One more question. How many pumps of Olay do you recommend using?

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 07/20/2013 3:18 am

I use just one pump with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil but sometimes, it's not enough so I may use more. It's really up to the person. Somemtimes I'll add another pump for my neck.

MemberMember
(@darksoul123)

Posted : 07/20/2013 12:32 pm

The moisturizer that you recommended has a quite alcohol in ingredients. Should i be concerned?

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 07/20/2013 5:47 pm

The moisturizer that you recommended has a quite alcohol in ingredients. Should i be concerned?

http://www.acne.org/supplies-guide.inc.html

Here are the 3 SPF moisturizers that Dan recommended:

Look for:

From Dan: "The three SPFs which I have found that work well (and I have tried them all!) are:

• Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30 - In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon into your usual non-SPF moisturizer, and apply.
  • Olay - Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sensitive. In your palm, mix with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil to increase moisturizing capabilities, and apply.
  • Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 for Normal to Oily Skin. Nice feel, but must be mixed with a more powerful non-SPF moisturizer to handle dryness after benzoyl peroxide application. In your palm, mix 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon with your normal non-SPF moisturizer, and apply. For extra moisture, add 5-6 drops of jojoba oil. (Note: This SPF is quite expensive.)"

Olay - Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sensitive

This is the lotion I use. The four active ingredients are octisalate 5.0%, avobenzone 3.0%, homosalate 3.0% and octocrylene 2.6%.

And to answer your question, no. This lotion will not break you out and it is NOT irritating to the skin. I've been using this lotion for a couple months now and I've never had any issues with it.