Notifications
Clear all

Dark Chocolate

MemberMember
(@who-is-box)

Posted : 07/17/2013 8:34 pm

I read that it helps affects your insulin to keep blood sugar levels down resulting in less breakouts? And it has a lot of antixodants ( sorry for spelling? )

Thoughts???

MemberMember
(@flowergirl1234)

Posted : 07/17/2013 10:42 pm

It does have a lot of antioxidants. I've never heard it helps your blood sugar levels, but it's very possible. As long as it has little sugar, you're good to go. I love dark chocolate. Aim for at least 70%, though it still does have a lot of sugar. The higher the percentage the better, because obviously the cocoa content is higher, but the chocolate will also have less sugar.

MemberMember
(@chocobot)

Posted : 07/17/2013 11:50 pm

Eating dark chocolate has a similar effect on me than drinking coffee, which results in possible breakouts.

I still scrape some 100% dark chocolate over fruits once in a while.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/18/2013 7:31 am

It doesn't help keep blood sugar down. But a little low sugar dark chocolate is good for you.

MemberMember
(@thefearlessface)

Posted : 07/22/2013 12:15 am

Chocolate is a great superfood. I've been skipping the chocolate bars altogether and adding raw cacao powder to my smoothies- that way you are only sweetening it with fruit instead of sugar.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/30/2013 6:25 pm

I am

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 07/30/2013 7:40 pm

I have actually tested dark chocolate and I think I am intolerant to it. Within a few hours of eating it, I get an under the skin nodule on my neck or jawline in the same area every single time. This is organic 85% as well.

MemberMember
(@hutchdan)

Posted : 08/01/2013 8:03 am

Chocolate is a great superfood. I've been skipping the chocolate bars altogether and adding raw cacao powder to my smoothies- that way you are only sweetening it with fruit instead of sugar.

I don't know what to think, There is a lot of hatred towards coco, just like soy. Its very debatable as to whether its actually good for you.

the studies on dark chocolate are often misinterpreted or bent a little attract more people to health websites. For instance, people always use the Harvard study on dark chocolate which says one square a day may lower blood pressure. People go to far in assuming that eating a whole bar will better the effects...

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 08/01/2013 11:39 am

There is a lot of hatred towards coco

????? I don't think so.