Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Accutane - Results In 40 Days?

do you know what the statistics are like for permanent joint pains?

how long into the accutane course did it take for you to start feeling joint pains? and just how painful are they?

Statistics on joint pain and other side effects from Accutane (in short- and long-term) can be found in this table.

The table was from a long-term follow up study of Accutane in 720 patients whose average follow-up time was 4.9 years.

that table is useless lol it doesnt say how many people the results were taken from... but that study is kind of reassuring, although

right now i have dry red rashes on my arms... is this quite normal will it go away? it seems to be spreading over my arms

how long into the accutane course did it take for you to start feeling joint pains? and just how painful are they?

Statistics on joint pain and other side effects from Accutane (in short- and long-term) can be found in this table.

The table was from a long-term follow up study of Accutane in 720 patients whose average follow-up time was 4.9 years.

that table is useless lol it doesnt say how many people the results were taken from... but that study is kind of reassuring, although

right now i have dry red rashes on my arms... is this quite normal will it go away? it seems to be spreading over my arms

My arms are pretty dry in general and I have random patches of eczema that pop up anywhere from the top of my hand all the way up to my biceps. I just moisturize my entire arms morning and night and it helps a lot.

My advice regarding the rash, call ur derm. That's a completely normal side effect. They call it "accutane rash". My dr prescribes a steroid cream to use as needed for 2 weeks and its a miracle. Or u can try OTC cortisone

As I said in my original post "the table is from a long-term follow up study of Accutane in 720 patients whose average follow-up time was 4.9 years"

The rash on your arms is from Accutane. Common side effect. Hydrocortisone cream from the chemist should clear it, otherwise you can get stronger prescription strength steroid creams from your Dermatologist.

Edited by biggs881

do you know what the statistics are like for permanent joint pains?how long into the accutane course did it take for you to start feeling joint pains? and just how painful are they?

To answer kinluek. These are statistics on all side effects from accutane I got them from the information booklet my derm provided me when I started my course.

Chapped lips 96% of patients

Redness of face 55% of patients

Dry nose 51% of patients

Dry itchy skin 30% of patients

Inflamation of eyelids 19% of patients

Joint pain 13% of patients

Hair thinning 13% of patients

Dry eyes 11% of patients.

Hope that helps :)

Also I never experienced an initial breakout the second time I took accutane. Can't remember the 1st It was like 20 years ago. Both times the only side effects I've had were horribly Chapped lips that were quite painful at times and the insides of my nose would crack.

Never had an initial b/out. I seriously saw improvement within a month! Was on it years ago and starting again this week. Any gals have sugg for birth control other than Yasmin or yaz. Tried both and dislike. Made me breakout worse. Looking for lo dose:) thanks

Try Diane 35 or cyestra 35. Both are also good for acne. This is what my derm puts me on when I've taken a course.