Notifications
Clear all

How Long Until You Saw Results From Accutane?

MemberMember
(@smileyducky)

Posted : 07/17/2013 12:38 am

I'm about to embark on my third month of accutane, and I've seen little to no improvement, and even my dermatologist is concerned about how little has changed and I now have additional topical medication. How was it until you noticed that accutane was making a difference?

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 07/17/2013 12:45 am

What is your weight and daily dose?

Accutane takes months to work, during which time your skin's condition may fluctuate markedly and regularly, especially with dose increases.

Only be slightly concerned if you still have significant acne 4-5 months after your first pill. Before then, pimples are not uncommon.

post-145613-1302821312_thumb.jpg

(Click graph)

I personally stopped getting new pimples about 4-5 months into treatment. I took enough Accutane in total to reach the ideal cumulative dose of 125-150mg/kg. I have been 99% clear for 2 years now.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@emilyology)

Posted : 07/17/2013 2:30 pm

I started seeing results pretty fast - I can't remember my dosage since it was more than 4 years ago, but I'm about 130 lbs and 5'6" and I had horrible cystic acne. My dermatologist also had me on Bactrim throughout my Accutane treatment.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/17/2013 5:14 pm

I saw improvements around the end of my 4th month. I had no improvements at all until the 3rd month. But come month 4 I rapidly cleared up. Hang in there, it will work