Notifications
Clear all

Nose Pores Help *pics*

MemberMember
(@dwolfe)

Posted : 07/16/2013 6:30 pm

So since I was maybe 14 I've had acne. Now, it's basically clear everywhere except my nose. I'm not sure if it's just enlarged pores, or blackheads, or even something else. I've gone to derms for help, and they treat it like blackheads and just give me creams like duac that end up making it worse no matter how mild they are. I've attached pictures, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me straightforward what it is, and any possible solutions. My friends at school all recommend Accutane, and say it's helped them, but if there's an alternative I'd rather go that route. I'm thinking stopping the oil production is the only way, but salicylic acid and benzoyl just irritate my skin, even if they are the lowest percentages that the derms or stores have. So something working from inside (such as Accutane) is ideal.

post-118995-0-84899100-1374017237_thumb.post-118995-0-69104800-1374017245_thumb.post-118995-0-18203800-1374017252_thumb.

post-118995-0-84899100-1374017237_thumb.

post-118995-0-69104800-1374017245_thumb.

post-118995-0-18203800-1374017252_thumb.

MemberMember
(@kylenea)

Posted : 07/17/2013 8:50 am

Are you crazy?!

Accutane is a chemotherapy drug with serious and long-term side effects.

A, they won't give you Accutane for enlarged pores, and B, you certainly don't need it!

Find a good skincare routine and leave it be. (I mean facewash, moisturizer, etc.) No one's skin is perfect. Literally, no one. We don't see people that close, only ourselves. The only people with perfect skin are children because their skin is new and unsoiled.

If you look up close in the mirror like your picture indicates you may, you're going to find serious and uncurable flaws.

Find peace, not Accutane.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/17/2013 9:07 am

aha or a mild bha wash will help with blackheads or clogged pores.

as for redness,do u think anything is irritating that area?

accutane helps with severe acne.in most cases.

but certainly not worth it for clogged pores or blackheads.

MemberMember
(@emilyology)

Posted : 07/17/2013 2:42 pm

Pretty much everyone has blackheads and enlarged pores on their nose. It's annoying, but if you fixate on it, it's that much worse. I just use Biore's pore strips from time to time. I don't notice a difference cosmetically, but getting the gunk out is important.

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/17/2013 4:01 pm

Do not stress over this. If you want to feel like you are giving your skin a boost from the inside out, look for a healthy diet with plenty of veggies, fruit, and limited junk. I am not sure these are even really blackheads, maybe just sebaceous filaments which you can do some research on. Look at your parent's skin if possible. If mom or dad have these visible pores there may not be much you can do--it's just one more sign of growing up (*sniff*). If your friends are noticing any of these on your skin, they are seriously obsessing too much and need to get a different hobby!

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/17/2013 4:27 pm

Unfortunately some of us naturally have larger pores. This isn't necessarily something to be concerned about though, it's just something we have to deal with. There are products that can temporarily make pores visibly smaller, but are certainly not a fix.

I know you're a guy, but concealers can make pores appear diminished. There are brands specifically focused on guys that aren't noticeable and match your skin tone. They're not necessarily 'makeup' to make you look pretty, just there to mask imperfections. Obviously this route isn't for everyone - it isn't for me either! I just know a lot of guys on YouTube that use makeup to cover their pores and blemishes.

Accutane won't help in your case, it would probably make things worse. It's primarily used to decrease sebum secretion in order to combat severe acne. It really would not be worth the sides.

MemberMember
(@dwolfe)

Posted : 07/17/2013 6:40 pm

Well thanks guy, I appreciate the feedback.

My dads nose looks a bit like that, but not as obvious.

I may look into concealer or maybe laser treatments or something

MemberMember
(@acnenca)

Posted : 11/10/2013 7:40 pm

Whoa - lay off the accutane buddy. Your skin isn't nearly as bad as people who really need Accutane. Be thankful

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 11/11/2013 12:29 am

I think those are not blackheads, but sebaceous filaments. You can kind of "bleach" and dry them out (with BP) or find some relief with salicylic acid . But you said your skin cannot handle both.

I bet a skin that is as dry and sensitive that it cannot even handle a bit of salicylic acid on the nose, would completely freak out on accutane (besides the fact that a doc that prescribes something as strong as accutane for some enlarged pores on the nose, should be taken away his approbation IMHO).

I have a feeling that it is not the salicylic acid , but the things that come with it in many products that irritate your skin (alcohol, menthol etc.). I would try a product without those. I am not familiar with any US products but paulas choice, but I can tell you that her 2% BHA gel works great for cleaning out pores. She sells samples so you can try it and see if your skin can handle it.

MemberMember
(@eaa415)

Posted : 11/11/2013 4:06 pm

Yeah, do NOT take accutane for such a minor problem. They think it might be a link to skin cancer, and it has other confirmed side-effects. I would recommend something I just found out about called Acleara - I guess it's about $150 per use, but maybe it's less if you just want it done to your nose (I have no clue)? It essentially uses a vaccum to suck all of the junk out of your pores, and then uses light to treat the pores. Much safer than Accutane, IMO.