Notifications
Clear all

Summer Challenge! Clear Skin For Back To School! (Hopefully!)

MemberMember
(@neonstars)

Posted : 07/16/2013 2:54 am

Hey there! My name's Andrea, i'm 14, after countless tries of trying to clear up my acne in every holiday in time for school, I think i'm finally going to succeed this time!

I have had acne since I was 11, it started of as one or two on my chin once in a while, but then before i knew it my entire left side was filled with horrible lumps and bumps sad.png, They had gotten infected too, and i was on antibiotics and penicillyn for a bit, the scars are still there, even though it's not quite as bad as it used to be. I have a habit of picking at my pimples..>.>

I discovered this regimen from mamichula on youtube about a year ago, her sister made a video about it and how it helped her a lot, so finally i came to the decision to beg my mum to let me give it a shot! ^.^

Niw, since i'm 14, and almost all the success stories are of adults, I'm not really sure about how it will turn out, I did do a patch test 48 hours before starting the regimen on my wrist and i didn't have a reaction, so i'm guessingi should be fine.

I would describe my skin as pretty oily, acne prone, not very sensitive, hyperpigmentation scarring occurs easily.

So, I started the regimen yesterday morning, and now we're on Day 2, here are my pictures:

Day 1

14j5e02.jpg

>.< Looks terrible, this is actually the worst my skin has been in quite a while, so this should be a good indication of how well it'll work, I used about a third of my finger sized blob of BP at night only, no greasiness, my skin feels quite nice aside from the spots, my nose, however feels disgusting and rough, this picture is basically my 'before'.

Day 2

bfm2h.jpg

35n7sqp.jpg

2mwf343.jpg

ixqumc.jpg

So today I'm going to start using the treatment both morning and night, still a small amount, maybe by next week I can ramp it up to the full dosage? No dryness, yet. However I do see some improvement on my left cheek, I had a small active pimple and its flattened a lot! Also, the rest of that mess has seemed have scabbed over/scarred. Another thing, in the last two pictures I have a lot of little bump things, I get them on my forehead too, any idea what they may be?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/16/2013 6:07 am

You're only on day two, so I wouldn't recommend using the treatment twice daily yet. For at least a week try and use a pea-sized amount at night, then in the second week morning and night and then in the third week go up to a fingers length (AM/PM).

Don't rush the regimen otherwise it won't work. It must be followed meticulously. If you go in with the full amount in the next few days, your skin will react negatively. Trust me, you won't regret taking it slow. Slathering BP on in the first few days will not help your acne.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/16/2013 7:06 am

I agree with the above poster. You are moving way too fast and your skin will suffer if you do that. Use a pea sized amount once a day for the first week, a pea sized amount twice a day for the second week and increase gradually each week till you are at the full amount. Go slow for the best results even if your skin s nit sensitive.

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@neonstars)

Posted : 07/16/2013 11:53 am

Oh, okay! Thanks for the advice, guys :) I'll try to be more patient with it, I've already used it once today so i'll skip it tonight.

Did the regimen work for you guys if you've tried it?

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/16/2013 2:39 pm

Oh, okay! Thanks for the advice, guys smile.png I'll try to be more patient with it, I've already used it once today so i'll skip it tonight.

Did the regimen work for you guys if you've tried it?

I've used the Regimen on and off since 2010. What I'll tell you is... it DOES work. You need to give it time though. Everyone always says that... that's because, unfortunately it's true. Also, you need to stick with it... if you are inconsistent, you will pay for it, as I did.

At the end of 2011, it got me extremely clear, in fact I could stay clear using only nightly application. I swear, my skin was phenomenal... no redness, no dryness, no acne, nothing. However, I had the bright idea of quitting cold turkey and attempting to stay clear by avoiding certain foods. Within a couple months, my skin was awful again.

The good part is (and I kind of touched on it just now), once your skin adjusts to BP and you are consistently clear, you have more room to experiment. For example, you can try a night-only application. A lot of people who have been on the reg for a while find that eventually, BP once a night is enough to keep them clear.

But for now, just stick with it, don't get discouraged by new breakouts, and don't get discouraged if your skin starts experiencing more extreme BP symptoms. Right now your skin is a work in progress; don't focus on what it looks like now, think of what it will look like once your skin has adjusted and BP has had time to do what it does best!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/16/2013 7:05 pm

Good luck :)

Remember to be patient and go slowly with it all. I know it's tempting to start with the full amount ASAP (I keep wanting to do that too) but it really will be much better for your skin if you go slowly with increasing the amount of BP you use.

Hope it works well for you!

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 07/18/2013 1:33 am

Definitely take your time, it's all about easing yourself into the Regimen and making it as painless as possible. As long as you take it nice and slow your skin will adapt to the BP as you increase the amount bit by bit. :)

Wishing you well, we all deserve clear skin for the Summer months!

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 07/18/2013 12:28 pm

When I first came on here last year, I was convinced I was the youngest person on the site struggling with acne, lol. (i was 13, i am 14 now) so don't worry, you're not alone.

I could go more in depth with my story, but basically after trying so many things and having horrible self-confidence for 3 years, I was done. I had enough. My medication that I was on cost WAY too much money and wasn't very effective, so I needed something else. I tried the acne.org Regimen on a whim, and I got what I wanted! Clear skin for the summer. It has been more than a year since I've been using acne.org products (I don't really follow the regimen exactly any more, once my skin was clear I experimented with ways to perfect it) I still break out sometimes, but my skin is so much better than it used to be.

THE TRICK TO SUCCESS: Stay determined, dedicated, and have faith! Never give up.

Your skin is looking great by the way! Good luck!

ps. Remember, start slowly! A big mistake I made was using way too much bp way too fast. Be patient, and start VERY slowly.

NeonStars liked
MemberMember
(@neonstars)

Posted : 08/07/2013 2:03 pm

Hey guys! I've neglected this log x_x Thanks for your words of encouragement, it's great to hear all your success stories! Infinitymunchkin, haha acne sucks doesn't it, i am glad you got clear through the regimen though! Makes me feel more comfortable since I wasnt so sure if this was meant for early teens :/ I am on week 3, day 23, my skin has no pimples left except the forehead, where they're mostly scabbed anyway, i think those are due to my fringe. I'm still not up to the full amount, not even close, taking it super slow. So far so great! A BIT of peeling which has subsided, however today i applied a little too much BP and i'm pretty red. I think i'll stick with a smaller amount and not try to amp it up, i have noticed my face is much redder/darker than my neck!! Why though? I wear sunblock everyday i go out!! It looks so weird.. but oh well, I guess i can fix it after I'm clear. I'm thinking of slowly amping my doses down for the morning for the next two weeks, just to say if i stay clear, then onky start applying at night? Maybe that will help with some of the darkness. I'd rather have kinda tanned skin and hyperpigmentation scars than acne again. Ill just have to deal with it. Oh and to any muslims, Happy Eid! I believe it's tomorrow? smile.png

Some time last week

2mhisgn.jpg2mwc6jd.jpg

Day 23 (Today, 7/8/13)

2cpovw1.jpg29z20qc.jpgfok4jn.jpg2hfq22u.jpg