Notifications
Clear all

Depressed Cheek Scar With Pic Need Help

MemberMember
(@rick88)

Posted : 07/14/2013 10:49 am

What can be done?

It looks horrible in certain angle and light and people tell me is not bad but they dont see the scar i see.

Anyone have similiar scar and successful result in certain method treating it?

Some light and angle it look almost not there but certain look like a deep cut. Looks a lot worse as day goes on especially at night because my skin is oily and look even worse when its oily. My skin always oily every 30mins to an hour mainly around the cheek and nose area. Night light, street light, flouroscent light makes it look like very wide deep cut. I don't know how to explain, only people with similar situation can understand. This scar literally ruined my life I isolated myself for 6-7years ever since i got it and it has gotten worse over time maybe of over the counter product like microdermabrasion or sun damage or combination or both. Its so sad when you know the problem is there and you can't do anything about it is like laying down in the hospital waiting for your inevitable death.

I cannot look into people eyes when i talk i always try to aviod light and my parents think im a loser and stupid for doing those thing but they dont understand and no one understand.

Its not just simply fixing the scar, its fixing the person as a whole, the mind, restoring confidence but the hope is slim. I try not givng a damn but everytime when theres a mirror, reality hits, and thruth hurts. You just can't simply forget it even though everyone try to tell you and everyone is just hypocritical who say crap which they dont mean because i can gurantee if something happened to them and left a big scar across their face, they wouldnt be saying the same thing.

I have recently done a few fraxel dual laser and the result is minimal i dont really know if i should continue because its expensive.

P.S. If anyone living in Sydney Australia and have similar type scar that been treated please let me know some dermatology clinic that can help.

post-212965-0-93480800-1373815956_thumb.

post-212965-0-28287500-1373815968_thumb.

post-212965-0-93480800-1373815956_thumb.

post-212965-0-28287500-1373815968_thumb.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/14/2013 11:36 am

Hey! It honestly doesn't look that bad...noone is going to examine you under bright light, so it's not worth isolating yourself over 1 scar. Applying honey masks can help, and also a hylauronic acid serum. It will definitely take a few weeks to months to notice a difference. Aloe gel can help as well.

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 07/14/2013 11:44 am

Subcision would probably work well for you.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 07/14/2013 11:50 am

Subcision, derma rolling, fillers? Best to talk to a derm or plastic surgeon...preferably more than one. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@rick88)

Posted : 07/15/2013 6:52 am

i went to my dermatology before my recent session with the fraxel dual to mention about subscision. However, he said my scar is "less than 1mm" so the laser is 1.5mm deep but to me it looks deeper than that. I just don't really know he see the scar i see. I dont really know, im just at a lost at the moment. The scar looks wide and prominent is certain lighting (light in shopping centre, tiolet etc). Its just really frustrating because the result from the previous session doesnt look all the promising and felt like the money gone without a result.

The scar i have believed from when i have acne during my teens it was always around that area and i picked off the scab and also possibly from staying out in the sun a long time as well. It basically a couple of small scar really close to each other so it looks like one wide long scar. I dont know if thats the reason why he didnt mention subcision or that my scar is "less than 1mm". I dont really know how he tell my scar is less than 1mm since 1mm is so little.... I mean if its really less than 1mm then shouldnt the scar be less visible??

MemberMember
(@shahvikram123)

Posted : 07/15/2013 9:42 am

Like a lot of other people have said your scar doesn't look bad at all. I was/am in the same sort of situation. I hate going out when my acne scars are bad, however I've found a cheap and healthy way to fade the scars. Eat healthy. I've noticed having a lot of Vitamin C (from oranges or clementines) helps reduce my acne scars a fair amount. I usually have around 80-120% of my RDA of vitamin C a day and because vitamin C is water soluble, having too much is not bad for you (as you pee the excess vitamin C your body doesn't need). I've also started having fish oil capsules with vitamin A, D and E and that also seems to help...

Just try and have more vitamins for a few weeks and you'll notice a big difference in your skin and acne marks/scars