Notifications
Clear all

Does Anyone Else

MemberMember
(@kjoysmomma)

Posted : 07/13/2013 8:19 pm

React badly to bare minerals? It causes me to get these huge red bumps that never come to a head. They just stay there for weeks! What makeup can I use to replace BM and still get the coverage?

MemberMember
(@naja)

Posted : 08/04/2013 11:27 am

I'm using everyday minerals sold via website. I'm currently using their IT foundation. It's not a full coverage but has very few ingredients. Well priced and many color options. Lots of luck!!

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/04/2013 12:55 pm

OMG ME AND YOU ARE SO ALIKE! sorry i shouted, but i got so excited. Do you use the bare minerals brushes that come with it? If not- it just may be the foundation for you. But guess what for me the problem was the friggen brushes! Want to know why- damn things are made of horse hair... and i just soo happen to be allergic to horse hair (my allergist pointed this out after a got tested for sensitivities) yeah so idk- about you but that was my problem. But when looking for another product watch out for fragrance in products + mineral oil or any other kind of oils. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/02/2013 2:14 am

I too liked Everyday Minerals much better.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/13/2013 7:16 pm

OMG ME AND YOU ARE SO ALIKE! sorry i shouted, but i got so excited. Do you use the bare minerals brushes that come with it? If not- it just may be the foundation for you. But guess what for me the problem was the friggen brushes! Want to know why- damn things are made of horse hair... and i just soo happen to be allergic to horse hair (my allergist pointed this out after a got tested for sensitivities) yeah so idk- about you but that was my problem. But when looking for another product watch out for fragrance in products + mineral oil or any other kind of oils. Good luck!

I had the same issue with the brushes! I have been using too faced kabuki brushes for years with no irritation. I just make sure I wash my brushes regularly to avoid bacteria.

Have you tried the matte bare minerals foundation? It doesn't contain bismuth. I use it every now and then but I don't really like the orangey tint - and I have the second lightest shade, but still turns orange on my skin. Jane Iredale was by far the best for my skin, but unfortunately it made my pores look more visible. my skin looked really healthy though. Lilylolo is another good brand and they only use few ingredients to minimize allergic reactions.

MemberMember
(@plmethvin)

Posted : 10/03/2013 11:04 pm

I used bare minerals/essentials for the longest time before I was tired of it caking stuff over my oily acne skin. Believe it or not, liquid makeup actually helped! I use the for acne liquid makeup from Clinique I believe and it does wonders.