Notifications
Clear all

How Do Products Clog Pores?

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/13/2013 10:04 am

How long does a product have to sit on skin to clog it? Like I have leave in conditioner for my hair that I rinse off my skin thoroughly, but would it sitting on my skin for 20 mins already be too late and clog my pores?

I assume a lotion would clog pores cause you leave it on all day and sometimes even sleep in it. But what if you come in contact with a hair conditioner like I said? I'm paranoid a tad.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/14/2013 1:02 am

I realized that my aveeno positively radiant moisterizer that I've been using for over a month now was causig a serious on and off reaction to my ppoorakin! I stopped using it Monday, and it's now 5 days later and I'm still breaking out. Is this possible? How long until it stops? This is so terrible. I tried steaming my face and I out straight up aloe vera from the plant on it. In getting Tamanu Oil Wed. Sigh!

I just hope that my hair conditioner doesn't cause a reaction!

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/14/2013 1:00 pm

Bump?

MemberMember
(@seeking2012)

Posted : 07/15/2013 5:32 pm

This is something I've been asking too, and the answer is either not there or difficult / scientific to answer. There are lots of threads though that go into detail. Do some advanced searches for "comedogenic" or "non-comedogenic" ingredients list and such.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/15/2013 7:22 pm

This is something I've been asking too, and the answer is either not there or difficult / scientific to answer. There are lots of threads though that go into detail. Do some advanced searches for "comedogenic" or "non-comedogenic" ingredients list and such.

Yeah, I just dunno anymore. MY skin is gettign worse and worse every day sad.png.

I just picked up some Vitamin E oil and will start taking zinc again this week. Also got some tamanu oil. Sucks. I look disgusting and have to hang out with

my boyfriend tomorrow cause he is begging to see me, but I look like poop.

I eat so clean and good. When I eat shit, my skin is better.