Notifications
Clear all

Neutrogena Facial Bar

MemberMember
(@willg)

Posted : 07/11/2013 3:07 pm

I've been using the Neutrogena Facial Bar for a few weeks now. Previously I wasn't using anything special on my face - just soap, or shower gel or just plain old water in the shower.

It's hard to say if it's helped or not, even though it does leave my skin feeling nice and dry after using it, as my skin can get quite oily.

However, one thing I've definitely noticed is I've been getting whiteheads around my chin and mouth area. I rarely got those before, but have been getting one or two per day. Could this be due to the Neutrogena bar?

The only other change I can think of is that it's been hot the last few weeks. Could it be the sun causing it instead?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 07/11/2013 5:11 pm

I've been using the Neutrogena Facial Bar for a few weeks now. Previously I wasn't using anything special on my face - just soap, or shower gel or just plain old water in the shower.

It's hard to say if it's helped or not, even though it does leave my skin feeling nice and dry after using it, as my skin can get quite oily.

However, one thing I've definitely noticed is I've been getting whiteheads around my chin and mouth area. I rarely got those before, but have been getting one or two per day. Could this be due to the Neutrogena bar?

The only other change I can think of is that it's been hot the last few weeks. Could it be the sun causing it instead?

Thanks smile.png

Hmmm, just around the mouth and chin? Have you switched toothpastes recently? I find the neutrogena bar too drying. I use a cream cleanser with salicylic acid. Maybe the neutrogena is drying your skin out too much = irritation = acne

MemberMember
(@willg)

Posted : 07/11/2013 5:20 pm

Hmmm, just around the mouth and chin? Have you switched toothpastes recently? I find the neutrogena bar too drying. I use a cream cleanser with salicylic acid. Maybe the neutrogena is drying your skin out too much = irritation = acne

No, I haven't switched toothpaste. The dry feeling after using the Neutrogena bar feels good to my skin, but I suppose "feels good" doesn't always correspond to "doing good"!

I'll stop using it for a couple of weeks to see if that helps. But then I'll never really know if it was the Neutrogena bar doing it, or if it was just a coincidence! That's what's so annoying trying products out, you never really know for sure, lol angry.png

Thanks for the reply 🙂

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/28/2013 5:20 pm

Face wash doesn't stop breakouts or heal existing pimples. Neither does moisturizer. Only a good benzoyl peroxide get a good moisturizer and your skin is breakout free.