Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Auroraspain

the Regimen And The Beach?

Hello, I ordered the Regimen and this week it should arrive smile.png I would like to start inmediately, but I´ll go on holidays to the beach from 1st to 10th August, is it recomendable to follow the regimen in such situation? would the sun and the sea be negative or not compatible with the regimen? should I wait and start the regimen after coming back?

Edited by Auroraspain

I would wait. If you are at the beach all day, in and out of the water the BP will just come off anyway. Enjoy your holiday and when you come back start nice and slow on the regimen. :)

^^Agreed, also make sure you wear sunscreen when you go on holiday so you arent sunburnt when you begin the regime.

thank you for the recomendations! it will be hard to wait one month but I want it to be effective

I normally would say go for it, but since you would just be starting your skin will be extra sensitive, and at the beach, that can be harmful - considering Benzoyl Peroxide makes your skin more susceptible to sunburn, the saltwater might be a little harsh and your skin probably will be flaky.

I would wait until you get back, just so that way the regimen doesn't get in the way of you having a good time, because it can be a little hard to adjust to such a time consuming, dedicated routine when you're on vacation.

I would go out and get a nice sunscreen to take with you, and if you get oily, some oil absorbing sheets. Also, a good moisturizer just so when you get out of the ocean your skin doesn't go crazy because it feels like it's being attacked, lol.

Here's a list of sunscreens with safe ingredients: http://www.ewg.org/2013sunscreen/best-sunscreens/best-beach-sport-sunscreens/

As for moisturizers, I recommend Cetaphil, CeraVe, Burt's Bees... Things of those nature. I wish you well on your vacation and embarkment of the regimen!

Wait until after your vacation. If you start now, your face will most probably feel very uncomfortable if you are under the sun a lot and it would also be just a waste of products if you go swimming.

As the above posters said, also slather some SPF on, because starting the regimen with sunburnt skin might not be the best idea.