Notifications
Clear all

I've Been On The Regimen Since March...

MemberMember
(@ct94)

Posted : 07/10/2013 2:41 pm

I've been on the regimen since March of this year, doing the Face wash/BP/Moisturizer day and night almost every single day since starting and I also recently added AHA into the mix in June... and I still have yet to notice much of a difference to my skin. Am I doing it wrong or is it just not working for me? I get that it takes time, but I think by 5 months that I should start noticing my face clearing up. I have noticed that I haven't been getting as many breakouts as I was, but I still have the same ones from weeks/months ago. Wish I was as lucky as everyone on here that got clear within the first 3 months!

Any tips?

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 07/10/2013 2:59 pm

How much BP are you using? The full recommended amount? and are you being super gentle with your skin?

MemberMember
(@ct94)

Posted : 07/10/2013 3:15 pm

How much BP are you using? The full recommended amount? and are you being super gentle with your skin?

Probably a little more than the recommended amount, and of course.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/10/2013 8:13 pm

Are you using the Acne.org products? or Store bought ones?

MemberMember
(@ct94)

Posted : 07/10/2013 8:45 pm

Are you using the Acne.org products? or Store bought ones?

All acne.org products.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/10/2013 9:19 pm

And you really haven't noticed a difference? Would you say you have severe acne? Do you wait 15 minutes in between each step?

MemberMember
(@ct94)

Posted : 07/11/2013 9:31 am

And you really haven't noticed a difference? Would you say you have severe acne? Do you wait 15 minutes in between each step?

Definitley not severe. And no, more like 5-6 minutes in between. Should I wait the full 15?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/11/2013 6:44 pm

I definitely think you should. Give the product time to fully absorb to your skin. It's best to try and follow Dan's step to the letter. :)

MemberMember
(@ct94)

Posted : 07/11/2013 7:51 pm

I definitely think you should. Give the product time to fully absorb to your skin. It's best to try and follow Dan's step to the letter. smile.png

I guess I'll try that and see if I notice a difference. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@scott3952)

Posted : 07/12/2013 10:33 am

Most important thing I've noticed helps is persistence and consistency. I used to do the regimen when I woke up and before bed, but when I switched to doing them 12 hours a part every day, I noticed it helped and cleared up a bit better than wake up/lay down schedule I was using. I now try and start the regimen at 9am and 9pm exactly and try and keep a consistent 12 hour time period between them.

But if you haven't been experiencing any noticeable difference using the regimen for 5 months (which I applaud you for for staying so consistent) I probably would give up and seek alternatives. Maybe go through the Acne.org questionnaire about the regimen and get a little more tailored advice. I'm not sure if any of this is helpful but I sincerely hope you find someone that works for you and a solution to your problem.

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 07/12/2013 11:29 pm

I've been on the regimen since March of this year, doing the Face wash/BP/Moisturizer day and night almost every single day since starting and I also recently added AHA into the mix in June... and I still have yet to notice much of a difference to my skin. Am I doing it wrong or is it just not working for me? I get that it takes time, but I think by 5 months that I should start noticing my face clearing up. I have noticed that I haven't been getting as many breakouts as I was, but I still have the same ones from weeks/months ago. Wish I was as lucky as everyone on here that got clear within the first 3 months!

Any tips?

Do you do the regimen steps EVERY single day or almost every day? Because there will be a difference in the outcome if you do it everyday. And what is your diet like?

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 07/17/2013 9:17 am

Yes u definitely have to follow directions to a T!! it has to sink in for 15 min before moisturizer. And I started the regimen in Jan 27 and still get the occasional pimple. But its def better and u cant even see them far away. Hope this helps!