Moisturizer Questio...

Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer Question!

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/10/2013 7:52 am

Hey all :)

I've been on the Regimen for 8 days! Woohoo! Loving it.

I do have some questions about the moisturizer though. I'm using the acne.org products, and I noticed that Dan suggests using 2 full pumps of the moisturizer. This really feels like a TON of product. I don't know if that's because the moisturizer is thinner than most, but it takes a long time for all of it to saturate. I feel like 1-1/2 pumps still is more than enough. Also, when I mix Philosophy SPF 30 with it in the morning, even 1 pump is a lot.

However, I could very well be wrong, since my skin is still very red. It's also flaky around my mouth (not sure why that is, since it's not a problem area/I generally don't spread much BP there). Also, when I use the moisturizer both at night and in the morning, my skin stings for a while (more so with the SPF though).

Could I really not be using enough moisturizer? Do those on the Regimen really need the full 2 pumps, even if it over saturates the skin? Or is my skin still just adjusting to the Regimen and the amount I use is fine?

Side notes: I'm still waiting on the jojoba oil to arrive; it should get here by next week latest, and I believe that will help. Also, yesterday (1 week milestone) I bumped up the amount of BP I'm using, which is definitely contributing to my skin's sensitivity.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/10/2013 7:57 am

Congrats on making it this far! :)

The stinging you feel when applying the moisturizer is normal. Almost everyone on the regimen goes through that. It does go away when your skin gets used to the BP so give it more time.

I don't use the Acne.org moisturizer so I can't really give my two cents on that, but have you tried applying the moisturizer half a pump at a time? It will probably take longer but I guess that way it would absorb easier/faster.

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 07/10/2013 8:20 am

Congrats on making it this far! smile.png

The stinging you feel when applying the moisturizer is normal. Almost everyone on the regimen goes through that. It does go away when your skin gets used to the BP so give it more time.

I don't use the Acne.org moisturizer so I can't really give my two cents on that, but have you tried applying the moisturizer half a pump at a time? It will probably take longer but I guess that way it would absorb easier/faster.

Thanks! 🙂 by the way I checked out your progress, and wow, congrats to you too! So incredible and inspirational.

The 1/2 pump idea is a good one, I think I'll try that. I guess I can't really use too much of the product, anyway.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/11/2013 5:16 am

Congrats on making it this far! smile.png

Thanks! smile.png by the way I checked out your progress, and wow, congrats to you too! So incredible and inspirational.

The 1/2 pump idea is a good one, I think I'll try that. I guess I can't really use too much of the product, anyway.

Thanks for saying! I was really determined to make it work so I stuck with the regimen. I still don't have the best skin, but 100% better than it was before.

If you don't already use jojoba oil maybe you can give that a shot. Using it with your moisturizer makes a big difference. Good luck! 🙂