Notifications
Clear all

Do You Think Hair Products Cause Acne?

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 07/10/2013 2:56 am

I was thinking maybe some of my acne could be my hair products because I have alot of bumps on my forehead. Does anyone know if their could be a correlation between the two? And if you think there is, what sort of hair products could I use? Ones that have no aroma? I need to use hair products on my hair after I wash it because I have naturally wavy hair so it gets frizzy easy :P so using no product after I wash my hair is not an option :P right now I use aveda Be Curly line and I feel like when I use it, it bothers my allergies & makes my skin feel kinda itchy. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my acne though. Any opinions on hair products you use and acne?

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/10/2013 3:02 am

There's definitely a correlation in my eyes; when I was a lot younger and used to use hairgel (cringe) I used to breakout all over my forehead; you can either try other similar products and see what your skin agrees with or just try ridiculously hard to avoid contact with the skin.

MemberMember
(@liyahandkmanmom)

Posted : 07/10/2013 6:53 am

I think some hair products break me out too. My face can be almost clear but my neck can be broken out so bad. I think its from my hair being down and touching my neck. I've tried so many diffrent products I don't know what else to do.

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/10/2013 6:55 am

I think some hair products break me out too. My face can be almost clear but my neck can be broken out so bad. I think its from my hair being down and touching my neck. I've tried so many diffrent products I don't know what else to do.

Wear your hair up :D

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/10/2013 10:43 am

Yes! It may or may not technically BE acne, but hair products can most certainly cause skin reactions that appear similar to acne!

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 07/10/2013 12:37 pm

Yeah definitely. I can only use head and shoulders, other shampoos cause me to get bumps all over my scalp and hairline.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 07/10/2013 12:57 pm

Yes Head and Shoulders is awsome! I use the very dry scalp with almond oil- its the 2 in 1. and every week i use a deep treatment by aussie. :) Also oils you add after you wash your hair before drying can cause acne. :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/19/2013 10:40 pm

Yes. Avoid sulfates (esp. SLS), parabens and salicylates, or at least the sulfates. And make sure you rinse out all the shampoo so that there is no residue because that makes things worse. The scalp can absorb all the chemicals that are in these products, which is a scary thought since that's too close to the brain. Not to make you paranoid or anything...if you are cautious with your hair products and rinse off your shampoo you should be fine.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 08/12/2013 5:16 pm

V05's treat me right is the best deep conditioner I've ever tried - it also hates my face. I try to keep the two away from each other, because non-inflamed forehead acne seems to be the result of their coupling tongue.png Also, SLS' are bad, bad, bad for your hair, regardless of the whole skin issue. You can clarify your hair with apple cider vinegar instead if you need a very thorough clean.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 08/17/2013 8:29 pm

It can cause acne cosmetica, NOT acne vulgaris.