Notifications
Clear all

Accutane: Beginning Process Questions?

MemberMember
(@kreativemagic)

Posted : 07/10/2013 1:12 am

So, I have an appointment set to see a Derm in about a month (I'm on their cancellation call list, so hopefully sooner) and I was wondering, how long does it actually take to start taking Accutane?

From what I understand, they need to perform bloodwork and pregnancy tests for women. School will be starting soon for me and I figure, the sooner I start taking it, the better (If he prescribes it to me, that is.).

What have your experiences been?

How long did it take from first visit to first pill?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@whatthekell)

Posted : 07/10/2013 8:07 am

you're going to have to wait 30 days to show them you're not pregnant. hopefully they call you soon so you get entered into the ipledge program. then your 30 days will officially start.

MemberMember
(@kreativemagic)

Posted : 07/10/2013 11:55 am

you're going to have to wait 30 days to show them you're not pregnant. hopefully they call you soon so you get entered into the ipledge program. then your 30 days will officially start.

Ok, thanks.

Looks like this next semester is going to be a tough one. wacko.png

MemberMember
(@everythingthatshimmers)

Posted : 07/10/2013 7:02 pm

Are you in the US? I think it varies some by country.

I am in the US and the previous poster was correct; it takes at least 30 days to begin the process. In my case, I had a few appointments with my dermatologist last year wanting to try everything before resorting to Accutane. I finally caved in January and decided to go on Accutane. I told my derm in January I wanted to start the process, had my labs and pregnancy test done and then went back in 30 days for a repeat pregnancy test. Once you have two negative pregnancy tests and are registered with the iPledge program you can start the medication. I finally got started at the end of February and am still going strong...

Good luck to you!