Notifications
Clear all

Attempting Caveman Method!

MemberMember
(@anjerika)

Posted : 07/09/2013 9:54 am

Okay so yesterday I decided to stop using my face cleanser (Cetiphil) and try this "caveman method." I've been doing my research on it and read about people who have had great success with this method. My only problem area is my forehead. After ditching my face wash yesterday, my face is oily and a bit itchy. I will be updating the results each day on here so feel free to join and chat!

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/09/2013 10:03 am

So you dont shower or wash you face? Is that right? It does somewhat make sense in order to rebalance your skin? Good luck, keep us posted

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/09/2013 11:06 am

I did the caveman method and I can tell you this - it works, but you have to be patient and have the will to get through the difficult stages. You also need to aid it with other measures including diet and hygiene.

I would implement the following:

• A no-picking (or popping) policy - you need to let any existing acne heal by itself alone, no help!
  • Improve your diet; eat lots of vegetables and drink LOTS of water.
  • Try washing your hair standing facing away from the showed head and tilting your head back (you may already do this), but any drop of water on the dry areas will mess up the whole process. When I first used water, my face itched like hell.
  • If you find you get clogged pores in areas like your forehead, after a few months on this regimen you can rub some jojoba oil in those areas to dissolve the hardened oil which is clogging your pores.

I won't provide a link as it may be recognised as spam (even though it's not really a product), but Google 'The Love Vitamin'. She is also a long-term caveman regimen user and has had amazing success using holistic healing. Her skin is amazing and her blog is pretty inspiring.

MemberMember
(@anjerika)

Posted : 07/09/2013 11:32 am

So you dont shower or wash you face? Is that right? It does somewhat make sense in order to rebalance your skin? Good luck, keep us posted

No you do shower but some people choose whether or not to allow water to touch their faces. I'm hoping that by eliminating

face washing my acne will start to improve. And thanks for the luck I'll definitely keep you posted!

I did the caveman method and I can tell you this - it works, but you have to be patient and have the will to get through the difficult stages. You also need to aid it with other measures including diet and hygiene.

I would implement the following:

• A no-picking (or popping) policy - you need to let any existing acne heal by itself alone, no help!
  • Improve your diet; eat lots of vegetables and drink LOTS of water.
  • Try washing your hair standing facing away from the showed head and tilting your head back (you may already do this), but any drop of water on the dry areas will mess up the whole process. When I first used water, my face itched like hell.
  • If you find you get clogged pores in areas like your forehead, after a few months on this regimen you can rub some jojoba oil in those areas to dissolve the hardened oil which is clogging your pores.

I won't provide a link as it may be recognised as spam (even though it's not really a product), but Google 'The Love Vitamin'. She is also a long-term caveman regimen user and has had amazing success using holistic healing. Her skin is amazing and her blog is pretty inspiring.

wow thanks for all the tips! very helpful! I ditched the obsession with picking/popping acne awhile back so I have no problem with that. I think the only thing that I really need to improve on is my dieting. But thanks once again and I will make sure to check out "The Love Vitamin" for sure!

MemberMember
(@anjerika)

Posted : 07/10/2013 1:53 pm

Day 2

okay so this morning I noticed that my face wasn't as oily as the previous day which is a good thing! nod.gif

I have been reading about other people having a harder time with oily faces and I think that's due to them going from harsher products to none at all. I was lucky to have ditched the harsher face products months back to a gentler face wash which is why I believe my face isn't having a horrible time with super oily skin. Anyway it's hard to comment on my progress considering it's only day 2 lol.

But no new bumps have appeared which is a good thing! The bumps on my forehead look the same maybe a little "calmer/lighter" but I am hoping in the next few weeks I will be able to see some more visible progress. But so far so good!

MemberMember
(@anjerika)

Posted : 07/12/2013 10:57 am

Hey I completely forgot to do day 3 yesterday. I was planning to but ended up falling asleep lol. But as soon as I get on my laptop today I will be giving you day 3 and day 4!

MemberMember
(@anjerika)

Posted : 07/12/2013 12:26 pm

Day 3

okay so day 3 I noticed my forehead was itchy all day.

But there is no dry skin whats so ever so I don't know the reason behind that.

The bumps on my forehead are very small which is a good thing!

Before, if I were to wash my face, the bumps would most likely have been irritated and bigger so I am happy about that. cool.png

Oh and the oilyness went away so fast!

Day 4

On to day 4 I go! My forehead is still going through the itchy phase but it's nothing I can't handle.

The bumps on my forehead really don't look bad at all lets hope they clear up soon!

Oh and I have been drinking nothing but water so this has been greatly helping my skin as well!

I am thinking of doing a before and after photo maybe after a month of progress so stay tuned!

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 07/17/2013 9:21 am

Acne is a bacterial infectin under the skin. It won't help. But good luck!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/18/2013 12:15 am

I've moved this post away from The Regimen forum and to Personal Logs (as it looks like you will updating us all with your progress pretty regularly)

Good luck. :)