Notifications
Clear all

Recollagenation? Permanent Acne Scar Fix?

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 07/09/2013 8:13 am

I was wondering if anyone here has ever gotten this treatment done? Did you get good results? Bad? How much does this procedure costs to do?I found this video link on youtube on regards to what this Dr. calls 'Recollagenation' to permanently fix Acne Scars.by placing a micrograft into the scar itself

Let me know what you think?

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/09/2013 4:40 pm

hmmmmm sounds extremley interesting!

aquasea liked
MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 07/09/2013 8:48 pm

Yes, that does sound promising....

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/09/2013 9:07 pm

WHAT IS THERE WEBSITE?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 07/09/2013 9:24 pm

I read horrible reviews about that doctor online ...does anyone know if other doctors are performing this ?

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 07/09/2013 10:40 pm

I don't know anything about this procedure or the names of other doctors that perform it, but you can induce your own natural collagen synthesis, i.e.

Vitamin c induces collagen...you can get vit c powder from owndoc.com and make your own vitamin c serum or face mask...

You can also use fresh lemon juice with a 0.25mm dermaroller from www.clearskincare.com.au (they also have a vitamin c serum, but I did not find their serum potent enough...fresh lemon juice is far superior)...

You can also try single needling with vitamin c serum or fresh lemon juice....

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 07/10/2013 12:32 am

An ENT doctor who does plastic surgeries as well as penile enlargement surgeries? This guy seems like a quack.

MemberMember
(@jfiligree)

Posted : 07/10/2013 9:40 am

On 7/10/2013 at 9:40 AM, aquasea said:

I don't know anything about this procedure or the names of other doctors that perform it, but you can induce your own natural collagen synthesis, i.e.

Vitamin c induces collagen...you can get vit c powder from owndoc.com and make your own vitamin c serum or face mask...

You can also use fresh lemon juice with a 0.25mm dermaroller from www.clearskincare.com.au (they also have a vitamin c serum, but I did not find their serum potent enough...fresh lemon juice is far superior)...

Please be wary of lemon juice if you're trying to treat your scars or acne. It increases photosensitivity and can make red marks darker.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/22/2013 5:18 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/24/2013 5:21 am

Not new, I believe the textbook terminology is Dermal grafting. I think he just coined his own term to market himself. He DOES seem totally nutty though. But those pictures do look good, IF they are to be believed. I've read about this procedure before in the past and found it very interesting, though very few doctors seem to offer this.

Essentially the concept is the same as fat transfer or injection of fillers, though in this case you harvest a piece of skin from behind the ear, strip off the epidermis and insert the dermal graft into a space created underneath a scar.

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/shervin-naderi-doctor/dermal-grafting-for-acne-scars-t41108.html

http://www.skinmds.com/skin/acne-scars/dermal-grafts.htm

http://www.realself.com/question/dermal-grafting-for-acne-scars

MemberMember
(@texasmom)

Posted : 07/28/2013 7:38 pm

My 3rd post on this site. My 24 year old had severe cystic acne for 5 years. It left him with a face full of rolling and ice pick scars.

This summer he's been spending a lot of time in the Texas sun. His acne scars are just barely visable.

What happenned-the sun. All that Vitamin D must have been working (I had read posts 6 years ago about how some people's acne cleared up in the Summer. Who knew that it worked on indented scars too?)

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/28/2013 9:44 pm

My 3rd post on this site. My 24 year old had severe cystic acne for 5 years. It left him with a face full of rolling and ice pick scars.

This summer he's been spending a lot of time in the Texas sun. His acne scars are just barely visable.

What happenned-the sun. All that Vitamin D must have been working (I had read posts 6 years ago about how some people's acne cleared up in the Sum mer. Who knew that it worked on indented scars too?)

the sun wont have any effect on actual deep acne scarring with tissue loss

MemberMember
(@umaid619)

Posted : 07/28/2013 10:09 pm

Definitely agree with you there, natural way is a lot more effective and less expensive. Vitamin C tropically and orally does wonders if used in its organic form. i've been using an oil free vitamin c moisturizers which is organic and is brilliant!