Notifications
Clear all

Should I Go To Dermatologist Immediately? Small Pimple Turned Big And Red, With The Surrounding Skin Red

MemberMember
(@embarassedgirl)

Posted : 07/09/2013 1:12 am

I had a small pimple that became slightly bigger due to going out of town. It was still small though but this morning I woke up with the small pimple and red skin under it and also slightly to the left of it (a loooot of red.)

Then I went to take a friend to the airport, had to ride crappy transportation under the glaring sun, sweated a lot, and now when I went home I see that the red skin is still red AND the pimple became so large and painful. And it's still red.

Sigh. I was gonna have a BHA 30% facial today to FINALLY get rid of my acne marks but then this stupid pimple had to be like this.

Should I still go to the dermatologist and get my facial? Will it make the pimple worse? Should I wait a couple days first? (I can't wait for more than four days though, since the last day I can get my facial is in four days, says the dermatologist.)

I heard that they can give a shot to the pimple to make it go away?

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/09/2013 3:09 am

BHA should be fine :) It's best to call and ask them if you're unsure. When my acne gets really bad I have a BHA skin peel (idk if that's the same as a facial) and it usually "kills off" any active acne.

MemberMember
(@embarassedgirl)

Posted : 07/09/2013 4:06 am

BHA should be fine smile.png It's best to call and ask them if you're unsure. When my acne gets really bad I have a BHA skin peel (idk if that's the same as a facial) and it usually "kills off" any active acne.

Oh ok, thanks! I'll have the BHA peel tomorrow.

I think it's the same thing as facial... :o Not sure though.

I was worried because I heard that BHA peel is for the discoloration due to acne marks? (I have a ton of discoloration but afraid if BHA might have some side effects to big pimples...)

Well, if it manages to get rid of the pimple too, I'd be ever so glad ;u;

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/09/2013 4:09 am

I know you're not supposed to take wikipedia as fact but it states:

It is becoming common for beta hydroxy acid (BHA) peels to be used instead of the stronger alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) peels due to BHA's ability to get deeper into the pore than AHA[citation needed]. Studies show that BHA peels control sebum excretion, acne as well as remove dead skin cells to a certain extent better than AHAs[citation needed] due to AHAs only working on the surface of the skin. Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid.

MemberMember
(@embarassedgirl)

Posted : 07/09/2013 6:19 pm

Ah wow, thanks :D

Update: I woke up this morning and found the pimple to become (warning: extremely gross) a clump of three whiteheads that looks like one huge gross circle whitehead if you don't look too close. It's surrounded by red and really sticks out of the skin. It hurts even when I don't touch it. It's the biggest zit I've ever had, I think.

I'm going to the dermatologist today for that BHA and see if they can do anything about the whitehead too. (I know that it's best to leave it alone, but I guess it's up to the dermatologist's choice?)

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/10/2013 3:11 am

Good luck :D

MemberMember
(@embarassedgirl)

Posted : 07/11/2013 3:22 am

They got rid of the whitehead but there's still a big red bump with red skin surrounding it.

Uh. Dunno how I should feel. Cuz I think the whitehead's coming back.

Sigh :'(

Thanks for the "good luck" though :D