Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Channel Your Anger And Sadness In A Healthy Way?

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 07/08/2013 10:25 am

There are times when I feel so angry about my skin that I just want to throw things and punch something, like a wall or mirror. I've stumbled upon an old topic about this guy talking about a punching bag. Now, that's something I really could use, but in the meantime, since I don't have that, I've been thinking of doing some exercices, like aeorobics, just so I can release that bottled up anger/frustration out of my body. I've tried doing that and ,I dunno, it's not angry or intense enough for me if you know what I mean. I know there are artistic outlets, as well, but I don't see myself "angry painting" or making crafts "angrily" ...I guess it has to be more physical than that. :/ Or, at the other end of the spectrum, there's meditation, which I've never done .

What do you guys do? Do you engage in something intense/angry/passionate or do you prefer something soothing, calming. Which method is more effective for you?

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/08/2013 11:16 am

I need a blend. I have been striving for balance in my life these past couple years. Sometimes I rant in writing, spelling out my frustrations and then ending with some positive goals or insights. If I feel more physical, I get exercise vigorous enough so I can't talk because I am breathing too hard and then slow down to a sustainable pace. Sometimes I meditate with an hypnosis app that I downloaded. It always makes me feel calm and relaxed. Your skin should not make you angry, if it does it may be causing you more breakouts. Do something that takes your mind off your skin and helps you to see the things that you do like about yourself.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 07/09/2013 8:31 am

Exercising has really helped me cope. I jog up a mountain (it's not a huge one, there's a paved road and it's steep in some areas but it's mostly a gradual jog up) and it really helps me keep my mind off my skin. I'm so wrapped up and focused on getting to the top so for 40 minutes my mind is on that. I also take Spinning classes and it is super intense. All my stress and problems "melt" away as I "ride" up hill tops and mountains. I also teach some fitness classes... exercise the one thing that keeps my mind busy. And in return I get a healthy body that makes me feel really good about myself. I may not be proud of my skin but come summertime I'm out in a bikini at the beach loving myself. :) Even my skin doesn't seem so bad because I have something else to be proud of... :)

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 07/09/2013 1:12 pm

Working out everyday,I believe I may have chronic stress which contributes to my acne.If I dont work out just one day I feel as if I lose control over my emotions and can feel the tension of stress building up in my body. Working out regulates it somewhat. I don't even care that I'm ripped I just need to releive the hell in my head daily.

MemberMember
(@bodie81)

Posted : 07/09/2013 1:48 pm

I do a lot of mountain-biking and rambling. Can cycle up to 60 miles per week. I don`t go to a gym but I do try to do some exercises that I have devised for myself at home each day. The endorphins released from exercise don`t fully alleviate the anxiety and other negative thoughts but it does help. I might not always have the best skin but for my age (40), I know that I`m in good physical shape and it does at least give me something to feel good about.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/09/2013 10:49 pm

Exercise - running, yoga, pilates, elliptical. Sometimes I'll join a fitness class to motivate me more.

I watch a lot of movies too, and TV shows. Sometimes mindless TV helps me take the edge off. I used to smoke cigarettes and sip on diet coke whenever I felt stressed and that was really relaxing for me, but now I try to channel my energy in healthier ways.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 07/09/2013 11:02 pm

When I felt this way I'd go get a facial and have someone professionally lance and drain my pimples which actually made a significant difference (despite the results being very short lived). I don't know, this would just make me feel considerably better at the time and relieve a lot of my emotional turmoil.

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 07/10/2013 12:29 am

Yeah the trick is to not get angry about it as hard as that may be. Like pretty much everyone else here, regular exercise really helps me. I like to focus on improving the other aspects of my life, ones that I feel I have more control over since my acne was so stubborn. Now that I'm on accutane and actually seeing improvement, It's even easier to focus on the other things. You need to turn acne into a positive influence in your life so you can come out of the whole experience much stronger and wiser.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/10/2013 1:06 am

i dance.

sad dance,mad dance, happy dance.

sometimes put on some loud bollywood music and just dance like no one exists but me.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 07/19/2013 1:16 am

Swim. Chlorine helps with acne anyways.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 07/20/2013 1:23 am

Swim. Chlorine helps with acne anyways.

That is a myth.

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 07/20/2013 4:56 am

I throw around some weights and then follow that up with some green tea. It's like the perfect combination for me, because I can yell (a lot) during training which helps with frustration and the green tea then brings me down to earth after the raging buzz lifting gives me. I urge you to take up some kind intense sport/training regime. The boost from testosterone and endorphins prevents your sadness from being so acute. I can be in the foulest mood, lift and suddenly, I really don't give a damn about much of anything.

Try it?

MemberMember
(@thefearlessface)

Posted : 07/21/2013 8:40 pm

Running really helped for me, as well as punching pillows. Journaling can also be really helpful. Just writing down your feelings can take a big weight off your shoulders. Don't be afraid to be brutally honest with yourself- what makes you truly angry, what is your biggest fear, etc. Sometimes once we just admit what we are most afraid of, we can then process that and let it go. Best of luck!