Notifications
Clear all

Pillows And Blankets Break Me Out

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/07/2013 8:33 pm

I learned that if I sleep on my back I don't get pimples as long as I use bp. But when I sleep on my side even if I put bp I breakout.

I've tested this a million times. I think it's my pillows and blankets.

Does anyone have a suggestions for pillows and blankets that don't break you out.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 07/07/2013 9:18 pm

What kind of pillow do you use? Apparently, foam is toxic. My derm told me to switch to a feather pillow!

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 07/07/2013 10:39 pm

I learned that if I sleep on my back I don't get pimples as long as I use bp. But when I sleep on my side even if I put bp I breakout.

Does anyone have a suggestions for pillows and blankets that don't break you out.

Many years ago I converted from sleeping on my stomach to sleeping on my back to eliminate this problem. It wasn't so easy to get used to either. Personally I concluded that the real culprit was the pillow rubbing my face. I am prone to folliculitis and rubbing can exasperate it. Doesn't help matters either if the pillow case has hair or face oil on it.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/08/2013 1:20 am

i use the usual cotton pillow that most households here use.

although my mum changes and keeps the cover clean but just to be on the safe side,i use a clean t shirt or any cloth everyday as a cover every night.

it might sound strange but i use the back side of the cotton t shirt that i'm to wear the next day.

washed usually with soap like lux etc

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/08/2013 2:35 am

How often do you wash your pillow cases / sheets? It could be that you're not washing them often enough. Personally I think once a week is fine though. It could also be the washing powder etc that you use. You could try changing brands of detergent and see if that helps.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/13/2013 12:12 pm

Thank im going to give these ideas a test.

MemberMember
(@zefferson)

Posted : 07/13/2013 8:43 pm

i use the usual cotton pillow that most households here use.

although my mum changes and keeps the cover clean but just to be on the safe side,i use a clean t shirt or any cloth everyday as a cover every night.

it might sound strange but i use the back side of the cotton t shirt that i'm to wear the next day.

washed usually with soap like lux etc

Love the idea!

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/13/2013 8:58 pm

Many years ago I converted from sleeping on my stomach to sleeping on my back to eliminate this problem. It wasn't so easy to get used to either. Personally I concluded that the real culprit was the pillow rubbing my face. I am prone to folliculitis and rubbing can exasperate it. Doesn't help matters either if the pillow case has hair or face oil on it.

Does anyone think this can be remedied with a satin pillow case. I know people use them to help prevent wrinkles because they don't leave creases in your face as severely as your typical case. Maybe it would cause less friction, also?

MemberMember
(@zefferson)

Posted : 07/13/2013 9:09 pm

hmm.. I don't think friction has that much to do with it.. Sure you move at night, but not that much..

You could look at getting a case with a higher thread count, so it's softer, and wouldn't cause as much friction (if you have a paranoia about that)

I wouldn't say it would be remedied with a satin case, but it may help..

I honestly think the problem is remedied by a constant clean case every night or as aanabill stated, a clean cloth.

Within two nights or so, the oils from your hair and face can significantly build up and collect all sorts of things and by the third night, following any regimen isn't going to help if your sleeping on that!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/14/2013 11:04 am

Your detergent may also be contributing to the issue. Try a detergent for sensitive skin, check the National Allergy website. They also sell hypoallergenic pillowcases, which you can find in other stores like walmart and target.