Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nate16

Not Again...

Well I'm about 3 or 4 months post accutane. I thought I was done with acne forever. WRONG. Just like every single other acne treatment I tried, it came back. I will say it's not as bad as it was before accutane, and my skin looks a lot healthier. Just I'm getting random breakouts where I shave on my face and trust me I have bought and tried every single sensitive skin shaving product out there and tried for a week. Nothing works.

I am also now getting random pimples in my eyebrows??? None of these pimples are like huge and nasty like they were before, they are just persistant and shouldn't be there after I was on the most powerful acne drug for 7 months. What the hell am I supposed to do now...?

I am trying to treat it with over the counter benzol peroxide and cetaphil gentle cleansers and moisturizers. Hopefully this is just a phase, I have no idea. But for those accutane users out there who think that the chance of acne recurrence is slim, that's exactly what I thought. And I am not going back on it again as it did major damage to my body. I have to use special caffeine and vitamin rich shampoos just to keep my hair. Also my night vision is completely ruined, I can't drive at night at all any more which sucks.

Any one else had this issue after accutane?

I was the same as you. Started breaking out again a few months after my course. Is your skin oily again? Thats usually who has problems after their course. I would suggest you get on some kind of steady topical treatment right away to tackle it before it gets out of control. I didnt and I had to start for scratch.

I had a similar experience. After THREE course, acne gradually cam back so i think its safe to say it won't work long term. I am now on The Regimen which i started the day after my last pill. It totally cleared up my forehead and cheek acne. I still struggle with chin acne but i'm gonna give it more time before declaring it a failure (only 2.5 months in). Get on a topical ASAP and maybe start addressing stuff like diet to see if that helps

Good Luck!

Ok, well I have been religious about my skin care since this post. Which I hate because I'm a guy, and in this day and age, apparently caring for your skin is judged as feminine. But thats a whole other rant lol.

Anyways, my skin is clearing up gradually, and I can say my skin is more responsive to topicals after my course of accutane. Right now I only have about 6 pimples, which is better than what I looked like before accutane. I also noticed my face doesn't tan as evenly as the rest of my body... I don't know if its the concoction of benzol peroxide (which is a bleach), salycitic acid, vitamin A, adapelene, and countless other chemicals that have done damage to my face since I was about 11.

Hopefully I can clear all the way back up, but for about a month after accutane I enjoyed not having to wash my face and apply creams and gels.

Which I hate because I'm a guy, and in this day and age, apparently caring for your skin is judged as feminine.

That's so sad.

But, worse: caring for your skin is also judged as acrotic. It makes you become the boy, or the girl, that loves to spend a lot of time in the bathroom.

But personnally, I hate it. I'd like so much wake up, everyday, with clear skin, without BP, without Epiduo, without moisturizer and cleanser.

And have fun without thinking "how will I wash my face and use the creams in this situation?"

I also noticed my face doesn't tan as evenly as the rest of my body... I don't know if its the concoction of benzol peroxide (which is a bleach), salycitic acid, vitamin A, adapelene, and countless other chemicals that have done damage to my face since I was about 11.

Don't you expose to the sun with sun cream? Or maybe it's a reaction of your skin to something...

Edited by Mandarine