Notifications
Clear all

Huge Under The Skin Cyst...

MemberMember
(@sems)

Posted : 07/07/2013 12:33 am

Hi everyone,

I'm 20 yrs old and I started getting cysts on my face last year. I never really even had acne but all of a sudden I started developing horrible cysts. The annoying part is the majority of my face is clear, but when I get a cyst, its bad, and does not go away on its own. And the weirdest part is I ONLY get them on my cheeks.

So basically I broke out really bad and had 3 pimples connect and form one big cyst. I dont know what to do because it wont go away. I have had the cyst now for 2 months and its only getting bigger. I have attached a picture. It is not raised at all but i can feel a big lump under my skin.

I dont know what to do. Someone PLEASE help! And i have tried so many topicals (tea tree oil, duac, BP, aloe, ACV) and nothing works!

I dont want to get a cortisone shot because I got one before and it helped because the bump got smaller but I could still feel the bump under my skin a year later.

Im thinking about getting it surgically removed this time. Would that be a good idea?

post-212135-0-40008500-1373174698_thumb.

I also forgot to add that I have already tried doxycycline, minocycline, retin a, and birthcontrol, and none of it helped.

And in the picture it looks like separate bumps on the surface but really it is one huge lump under the skin.

My derm is pushing accutane but I feel like its stupid to go on accutane for one stupid cyst. PLEASE HELP!

post-212135-0-40008500-1373174698_thumb.

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 07/07/2013 3:17 am

I think the shot will help out a lot for that kind of spot but I agree that accutane is extreme if that's all you have. Maybe try a SA peel just on that part of your face. Or Mario badescu buffering lotion.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 07/07/2013 5:21 am

I've had two exactly like that on my chin recently and they're horrible things. You could try Freederm's treatment gel as it contains 4% nicotinamide which is an anti-inflamatory. It's always helped reduce my cysts but you have to keep applying a good amount of it morning and night and allow it a week or two to work depending on how bad the cyst is. One of mine was gone in a week but the other took two. It might burst a couple of times in the process but this is good as it gets the infected fluid out from under the skin and reduces the pressure. Hope this works for you :)

MemberMember
(@sems)

Posted : 07/07/2013 10:28 am

Thanks for the replies guys! I just feed like mine is so deep under the skin because its not even raised but there is a huge bump below. But I will definitely try those things out