Notifications
Clear all

What's The Best Option For Treating Shallow Indented Scars On A Budget?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/06/2013 11:52 am

I have some very shallow indented scars (boxcar I think). How can I get rid of them, or at least reduce their appearance without spending a ton of money on laser or something?

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 07/06/2013 12:14 pm

Some people report that facial peels help with their very shallow scaring, but I personally think you should just save up bit by bit and get yourself some laser.. It seems like the most reliable method, and If you call around you might be able to find some sessions for cheap! I have a place in the next province over that offers full face smartxide c02 laser for 550$ a treatment.. which I think is pretty good!

If that's not an option at all you could look into self-dermarolling! I've heard pretty good things about it.

Hope this helps (:

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/06/2013 1:14 pm

Thanks for the response. I'm not considering laser for several reasons. It's expensive, and I don't feel like my skin is bad enough to warrant lasering my entire face. It just seems risky, and there seems to be lots of horror stories from lasers. I'm interested in dermarolling, but I can't seem to find a consensus about whether it helps my kind of issue.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 07/06/2013 3:47 pm

I just had my first dermarolling treatment for shallow-moderate scars. 2 of 3 places that I went for a consult thought it would be best for my skin. The other place recommended laser (but they didn't have dermaroller as an option).

Anyhow, I did A LOT of research and most of the time, those who got professional treatments (ie Genuine Dermaroller) are pleased with the results. That's not to say that you won't succeed with home rolling (which is cheaper) but improvement seems to be more variable.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 07/06/2013 4:47 pm

I just had my first dermarolling treatment for shallow-moderate scars. 2 of 3 places that I went for a consult thought it would be best for my skin. The other place recommended laser (but they didn't have dermaroller as an option).

Anyhow, I did A LOT of research and most of the time, those who got professional treatments (ie Genuine Dermaroller) are pleased with the results. That's not to say that you won't succeed with home rolling (which is cheaper) but improvement seems to be more variable.

How did you find locations which offer dermarolling?

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 07/06/2013 5:59 pm

I just googled it for my city (Toronto). Not many places offering it yet but it seems to be growing in popularity. I had a few consults and went with the medical esthetician that I felt a connection with. It wasn't the cheapest place but I really feel like she sincerely wants to help me. Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@texasmom)

Posted : 07/28/2013 7:58 pm

This is my 5th post here because I want to get the word out. My 24 year old son had cystic acne for 5 years that left him with icepick and rolling scars. Nothing seemed to help.

This summer he's been spending a lot of time in the Texas sun. Guess what? His skin has evened out and the scars are ever so barely noticable -90% better.

What did it? The sun creating Vitamin D. Nutricianists and Medical professionals are learning so much about this hormone. I had read on Acne.org 6 years ago, accounts of how the sun helped some people's acne in the summertime. Who knew it could help my son with his icepick and rolling scars?

You may want to research this more. Don't go out in the sun if you're on Accutaine, or stay out too long and get a sunburn. But health professionals are now touting some sun exposure without sunscreen (for a reasonable amount of time). Do some research about this.