Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stella the diver

Is There A Correlation Between Working In A Restaurant And Acne Breakouts?

I know this might be a stupid question lol. I'm not talking about any restaurant, though, nor any job position. I'm mostly referring to restaurants that fry a lot of stuff and if one's working mostly inside a kitchen. Now, I've been working for nearly a decade in a Chinese restaurant, mostly in the kitchen packing orders. It's a very tiny kitchen and they fry food all the time. I feel like my face is more sticky from oil and sweaty, especially in the summer. I don't fry the food, though, so I'm not really in close proximity to the vat of bubbling oil, but since the kitchen is small, I'm about 1-2 meters away from it. If it doesn't cause breakouts, then I guess it plays a role in making my face more oily?

When I was in high school and college I worked as a cook in a restaurant that did a lot of deep frying. I always felt as though I had a thin layer of grease on me, and my skin was pretty bad back then. Somehow the frying grease must penetrate into the skin because I remember smelling like deep fried fish/seafood even after taking a shower. I think you are right.

I think there is a correlation because my sister used to work at a pizza place, and her face was always really broken out. A while after she quit her acne didn't completely go away but it definitely improved.

stella, i am not sure if it causes break outs but i so fear that whole idea.

u know i love cooking.

absolutely love it but its been mnths since i have cooked something totally myself.

our kitchen isnt a big one. and i could call it 'hot & humid' all year round.

so i sweat quite a lot if i am to stand and prepare full meals.which i dread.

i have never found no evidence as of now but i am just to scared to even try it.

in fact there's been times when i need to go stir something,but i dnt and wait for mum.

its bothering and my mum is all crazy about the fact that i am so 'idle' all day.

but i am so freaked out that i would rather not eat than sweat in the kitchen.

stella, i am not sure if it causes break outs but i so fear that whole idea.

u know i love cooking.

absolutely love it but its been mnths since i have cooked something totally myself.

our kitchen isnt a big one. and i could call it 'hot & humid' all year round.

so i sweat quite a lot if i am to stand and prepare full meals.which i dread.

i have never found no evidence as of now but i am just to scared to even try it.

in fact there's been times when i need to go stir something,but i dnt and wait for mum.

its bothering and my mum is all crazy about the fact that i am so 'idle' all day.

but i am so freaked out that i would rather not eat than sweat in the kitchen.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I was working yesterday and I felt like my face was melting, it felt gross, I had to go splash some cold water on my face. I don't feel like going to work today and I might call in sick 'cause I have a bad breakout right now, I dunno why, and I just didn't feel comfortable being at the restaurant with all that air charged oil that's potentially going to aggrave it. I just want to stay in bed!!

darling i understand what u mean.

this 'not today' thingy happens to all of us.

can u possibly think of another option for work in future?

i suggest u continue here for now but keep on the search elsewhere too.

what say?

darling i understand what u mean.

this 'not today' thingy happens to all of us.

can u possibly think of another option for work in future?

i suggest u continue here for now but keep on the search elsewhere too.

what say?

Yeah, I have been thinking of changing part-time job, but this job is flexible for me, as I can go to school and work at the restaurant in the weekends only so that it won't interfere with my studies. We'll see!

its just in the weekends.

well,at least thats not what u do everyday!

cheer up mate!

i know my saying wont help much but still!