Notifications
Clear all

Should I Try Accutane?

MemberMember
(@dontfencemein)

Posted : 07/05/2013 7:48 pm

Hey guys!!

So my dermatologist suggested that I should take Accutane, because the antibiotics didn't cure my acne and taking them for a long time isn't good for your body, right?

Anyway, I wasn't ready for Accutane yet, and she gave me 2 months to think. She basically said that only this medication could really clear my face, even though acne can come back after this treatment. My acne isn't really bad (deep pustulas), but it's persistent! And I'm really afraid of scarring and it's driving me crazy. It's been over 1 year since I'm struggling with it.

I'm almost going for it to get rid of this problem for once and for all. But I'd like to know what you guys think! Has anyone had a permanent side effect?

Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 07/05/2013 8:46 pm

I'm currently on my second course ( first one was effective for almost five years ) and the only side effect I really experienced was chapped lips. Everyone is different so I can't predict with any certainty how you'll react but I think it's definitely worth a shot. The side effects can be scary but that's why you have monthly dr visits and blood tests.

Take your time and think about it but don't let a fear of potential side effects be the reason why you don't go for it. Good luck and yeah, In my opinion you shouldn't take antibiotics for long periods of time.