3 Week In Regimen A...

Notifications
Clear all

3 Week In Regimen And So Many Concerns

MemberMember
(@fmddls)

Posted : 07/05/2013 7:13 pm

Hey guys, help me out here.

I've been in the regimen for 3 weeks now. I started last June 16.

Having a broken time of work here in Saudi (8/9AM-12NN then 4-8/9PM), I have to do some cleansing in between time. I wake at 7/8AM for 9AM-12NN shift then I sleep from 1:30-3PM for 4-9PM shift. I'll show you how I do my routine so you can have an idea and correct me if I'm doing something wrong.

This is my routine:

>Week 1 (JUNE 15 - 21)

12MN: cleanser, less than half a pump of bp, moisturizer

8AM: cleanser, moisturizer

1PM: cleanser, moisturizer

>Week 2 (JUNE 22 - 28)

3PM: cleanser, less than half a pump of bp, moisturizer

1AM: cleanser, less than half a pump of bp, moisturizer

7AM: cleanser, moisturizer

>Week 3 (JUNE 29 - JULY 5)

3PM: cleanser, half a pump of bp, moisturizer

1AM: cleanser, half a pump of bp, moisturizer

7AM: cleanser, moisturizer

>Week 4 (JULY 6- 12)

same as above but I'll start tomorrow with the 1 full pump of bp

I know you're not suppose to wash more often but I can't go to work looking like I just came out of bed. LOL razz.gif

If you're going to suggest to change my routine, like do it in 7AM and 10PM, it's still the same because I need to wash my face for my 4PM shift.

Anyways, my concerns are:

1.Dark skin. I notice that the moisturizer is making my skin darker because of it's yellowish color. Is this really that yellow on the face? I have a light skin color by the way. I'm kinda concern because I'm thinking maybe the moisturizer is spoiled during it's delivery here due to too much heat. Any ideas or suggestion about this one?

2. Too much dryness and peeling skin. I know that it's the BP talking here. I read almost all about the effects of it here in the forum (well, maybe just more than the usual, not totally all). I've read it before ordering. I studied and read as much I can about BP and this REGIMEN. I'm just concern that I increase the amount of BP too slow or what. Am I on the right track on BP here?

3. BLUSH like fire red. I blush a lot even before I started the regimen. When it's hot, laughing, nervous, or any extreme emotions, I blush. It's easily noticeable since I have a white skin. But last Friday, I went out with my friend cause it's both our day off, and she was totally freaked out when she saw my face. You're TOO RED, she said. I can feel really that my face is burning. I'm not in the sunlight but the effect of hot weather is not really good to me that time. This always happens in the Philippines before but not like this one. I can tolerate the heat before. I feel like the REGIMEN is making my skin too sensitive in the sun just like what I've read about BP. Now, I'm afraid to go out even not under the sun because I think It's gonna burn my face FOR REAL. Help please.

I know this one hell of a long novel for you guys. But I'm just in need of support and guidance right now. Especially if there are any "kabayan" there in the Philippines that has the same sensitive and white skin like mine and under this routine, can you please tell what do I have to expect when I go back there. In advance, thank you guys. God bless you all.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/06/2013 6:47 am

You have to have at least 10 hours between cleansing and only cleanse twice a day. There are other ways that you can freshen up during the day. Even cleansing causes irritation to your skin and that's something you need to reduce significantly on the regimen. Gentle is key.

The redness and flakes will subside, you just have to push on through those stages. It's worth it in the end!

MemberMember
(@fmddls)

Posted : 07/15/2013 9:01 am

Hey there LewisS. Thank you for taking time to read my concern. Sorry it took a while to reply. I'm having some difficulty adjusting since it's Ramadan month.

I only wash my face now twice, every 9 am and 8 pm. And I try to be gentle as possible as instructed.

My concerns are still there. My face is till flaky and more dry and wrinkled, esp. around the eye area (really ashame neutral.gif ). Redness is more worst than before. I'm on the 1 full pump of bp now and I moisturize more than the usual but it doesn't seem to help unsure.png . Jojoba is not available at the moment, any chance of an alternative? I'm desperate about my face. I'm about to go back to the Philippines and my face is a mess. I really need help

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/15/2013 11:06 pm

You have entered the really tough stage where you start to question if you're doing the right thing. The only advice I can give is the same as LewisS above, and that is to just stick it out. It will start to get better, but you've got to get through this stage to get to the other side.

Apart from jojoba oil if its unavailable, I would suggest that you just keep applying more moisturiser throughout the day as required (making sure your hands are clean and you apply really gently).

I feel for you but believe me when I say that most of the successful regimen users have been through what you're going through now. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@fmddls)

Posted : 07/17/2013 6:31 am

thanks ayeaye for the encouragement. i just found out last night that (i think) what's making me darker is not the moisturizer. im red. it doesn't sting but im having hot flushes here and there which happens to be all the time even before starting the regimen. can you have time to see these pics of mine? i sent you a message.thanks

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/17/2013 6:45 am

The redness is pretty normal for the regimen in the early weeks (have a look at my gallery photos for some baboon bum redness!) bit it starts to calm down, usually in the 2nd to 3rd month.

Why don't you give a different moisturizer a go? Try cetaphil, which is very moisturizing. Perhaps use that at night and dans in the morning?

I didn't think your photos showed your face as being very red but I suppose you would know what is normal for your face. It's hard to judge

Without a comparative before photo.

jenna1314 liked
MemberMember
(@fmddls)

Posted : 07/17/2013 8:41 am

wow!cool! i've seen all your photos. very encouraging indeed. maybe i just need a little push here. i think we have the same skin type. maybe the pictures i sent didn't do any justice on showing how red it was. but's it really red. i can't send other picture to compare sorry.

I have another questions, does the bp somehow helps tighten the pores? i noticed my pores are getting smaller. and also, did you used other products besides aha to lighten your hyperpigmentation? i have a lots of it right now.

and thanks for suggesting cetaphil i'm really planning to buy one this coming friday

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/18/2013 8:58 am

I only used aha which helped with pigmentation and the progress of time of course.

Let us know how you get on with cetaphil. I found it really helpful on my really dry days but dan's moisturizer really helped me to get clear. Such an annoying situation.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 07/20/2013 2:05 pm

Its been about 3 weeks for me also ..& my face looks sooo red also & a lot of my family members keep asking y is my face looking so dark ..I dunno if it's the dryness or what ..

Also I've slowed down on the BP cuz I think its burning parts of my face ..& its peeling too .. I'm applying the BP only in my problem areas ..thats my cheeks and forehead ..

I've seen it began to clear up ..(what somehow looks like my face got burned) :(

I've been using more moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 07/20/2013 2:34 pm

At what week should I incorporate the AHA lotion?

MemberMember
(@fmddls)

Posted : 07/21/2013 9:10 am

I only used aha which helped with pigmentation and the progress of time of course.

Let us know how you get on with cetaphil. I found it really helpful on my really dry days but dan's moisturizer really helped me to get clear. Such an annoying situation.

I'll try to buy aha maybe next month. i'll let you know about the progress. about the cetaphil, i forgot to buy.haha rolleyes.gif

still feeling dry though...dan's moisturizer is not enough for me i think...i need additional moisturizer

Its been about 3 weeks for me also ..& my face looks sooo red also & a lot of my family members keep asking y is my face looking so dark ..I dunno if it's the dryness or what ..

Also I've slowed down on the BP cuz I think its burning parts of my face ..& its peeling too .. I'm applying the BP only in my problem areas ..thats my cheeks and forehead ..

I've seen it began to clear up ..(what somehow looks like my face got burned) sad.png

I've been using more moisturizer.

all i can say is, the bp has no doubt made me clear. i don't have break outs anymore just an occasional pimple of one or two but it will be gone the next two days like nothing happens. peeling is part of the process so, hang in there (that goes for me too).

i think the bp is making us red but it will pass according to the people whom i read the testimonies. i just hope we can pass that stage soon enough because i hate people asking me what happen to my face. but my struggle really right now is not the redness cause for me it starting to subside, im more concern on the flakiness of my face, very humiliating. i'm so dry huh.png

For what i have read, for the first 4 weeks, you just stick with the cleanser, bp, moisturizer routine. and then after 4 weeks you can try add one variable at a time. in your case, add aha after finishing your 4th week.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 07/21/2013 1:27 pm

Ok noted thanks a lot ..my brother just asked what's wrong with my face ..sooo embarrassed :(

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 07/21/2013 8:29 pm

Make sure you use sunscreen on the regimen, it's something a lot of people overlook. If you go outside while on the regimen and don't wear sunscreen, your face can turn red because of the increase in sun sensitivity from the BP. So make sure you put on sunscreen in the morning! What I do and what Dan recommends is to mix sunscreen in with your moisturizer. A sunscreen I recommend is Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30, it works really well and hasn't caused me any breakouts in the 2 months I have used it. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/22/2013 2:58 am

Do not incorporate AHA into the regimen until after the 4-5 week mark and ONLY after your skin has adjusted pretty well to BP. If you find you're still getting 'hot spots of intense redness in areas of your face, I would avoid AHA until all of that starts to die down. (dryness and flakiness is fine as AHA helps dramatically with this). If your skin is no longer severely red but just dry, introduce AHA. If not, delay it as it will only further add irritation.

MemberMember
(@fmddls)

Posted : 07/22/2013 6:29 am

Make sure you use sunscreen on the regimen, it's something a lot of people overlook. If you go outside while on the regimen and don't wear sunscreen, your face can turn red because of the increase in sun sensitivity from the BP. So make sure you put on sunscreen in the morning! What I do and what Dan recommends is to mix sunscreen in with your moisturizer. A sunscreen I recommend is Neutrogena Clear Face SPF 30, it works really well and hasn't caused me any breakouts in the 2 months I have used it. Good luck!

any thoughts on dan's recommendation of olay complete all day uv moisturizer spf 15? and i'm thinking also to use cetaphil dermacontrol oil control moisturizer spf 30... have you tried any of these products?

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 07/22/2013 10:52 am

any thoughts on dan's recommendation of olay complete all day uv moisturizer spf 15? and i'm thinking also to use cetaphil dermacontrol oil control moisturizer spf 30... have you tried any of these products?

I've never tried either of those, but between those two I would recommend the cetaphil with spf 30. Spf 30 protects your skin a lot better than spf 15, with spf 15 there is still a chance you can get sunburned if you stay out in the sun all day. It's a safer choice with the cetaphil, because with spf 30 you can stay outside during the summer pretty much the whole day and be fine, but I don't think you can really do that with spf 15.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 07/22/2013 7:53 pm

Ok thanks everyone .. :)