Notifications
Clear all

Are Antibiotics Really Worth It?

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 07/04/2013 10:44 am

Hey guys! I was thinking about going to the dermatologist again but maybe deciding against it. All she does when I go is prescribe be an anti biotic and a cream. The anti biotic clears up most of the acne I just don't like being on antibiotics because I have read they are not good for our bodies. My skin isn't bad enough to go on accutane, so that isn't an option. But I was curious to know your option on antibiotics. Are they REALLY worth taking if they are not a long term fix for acne? Does it cause any long term damage?

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 07/04/2013 1:08 pm

Hello hello! (:

Have you ever considered trying the regimen to clear up your acne? I seen pictures in your other post, and I honestly think that you could see very good results from it! Long term antibiotic use is very hard on your entire digestive system.. I don't mean to put you off, but I know a couple people who developed "esophagitis" (Irritated esophagus and stomach track) and other gastrointestinal issues from using them long term.

You do have plenty of options to help treat your acne tho, and not everyone experiences bad side effects from antibiotics!

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 07/04/2013 2:12 pm

Hello hello! (:

Have you ever considered trying the regimen to clear up your acne? I seen pictures in your other post, and I honestly think that you could see very good results from it! Long term antibiotic use is very hard on your entire digestive system.. I don't mean to put you off, but I know a couple people who developed "esophagitis" (Irritated esophagus and stomach track) and other gastrointestinal issues from using them long term.

You do have plenty of options to help treat your acne tho, and not everyone experiences bad side effects from antibiotics!

Hey! Thanks for replying. I have actually thought about using the regimen but it just worries me it will make it worse..I read some reviews on it and it seems like most people hate it or they love it..but I may just try it out