Question About When...

Notifications
Clear all

Question About When You Shampoo?

MemberMember
(@23jordan)

Posted : 07/03/2013 4:45 pm

When im taking a shower and getting ready to shampoo my hair i usually do this before i wash my face with dans cleanser.. But when i wash my hair with shampoo and it runs down my face does it affect acne in any type of way like i wash my hair with head and shoulders for men and when i rinse my hair it runs down the sides of my face and stuff.. Does it matter or no? i Was just curious would it have any affect?

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/03/2013 5:00 pm

It depends on how sensitive you are. Something in the shampoo can aggravate your skin. If you are troubled by hairline breakouts, you can try switching to a shampoo with a different active ingredient and watch your skin for changes. I have also heard of people's skin improving by using a particular shampoo because maybe it contains salicylic acid for example. Depends on what works for you.

MemberMember
(@23jordan)

Posted : 07/03/2013 5:05 pm

Do you recommend using dans cleanser as a shampoo i seen a video of him using it as his shampoo. good idea or no?

MemberMember
(@vixinity)

Posted : 07/03/2013 5:11 pm

Hey check the ingredients for Head and shoulders, I've heard that you can use it for getting rid of body acne etc. so it probably has salicylic acid in it. Anyway as long as you're using the regimen or some other form of treatment you should be fine.

MemberMember
(@23jordan)

Posted : 07/03/2013 5:14 pm

it shouldnt cause any brakeouts or nothing though right? Like when i shampoo and rinse it off it runs down my face on the sides or in the middle ya know.. Can the shampoos ingredients irritate or stick to the face while being rinsed off?

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/03/2013 5:33 pm

It won't cause breakouts if like most people you are not sensitive to it. If you use it and notice an increase in breakouts, especially along the hairline, then stop using it and see if the condition improves. I think salicylic acid is the active ingredient in your basic head and shoulders, but different formulations may have different active ingredients so label checking is good.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 07/03/2013 5:39 pm

shampoo is for suckers.

MemberMember
(@23jordan)

Posted : 07/03/2013 6:14 pm

shampoo is for suckers.

lol so what do you use then?

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 07/03/2013 7:07 pm

The active ingrident in head and shoulders shampoo is "pyrithione zinc" It's actually beneficial to the treatment of body and scalp acne like Wheatfree said earlier. In my opinion this is the best shampoo someone with acne prone skin could be using.. but if you're concerned about it getting on your face just shower facing away from the shower head.. that way the shampoo doesn't get all over your face when it's washed off.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 07/03/2013 8:16 pm

shampoo is for suckers.

lol so what do you use then?

water, my hands, and a towel