Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Olive Oil

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/03/2013 5:36 am

I haven't been able to find a definitive amount of fat recommended to be consumed with isotretinoin so I'm asking for estimations;

Currently I'm taking 60mg first thing in the morning with half a pint of semi-skimmed milk and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil; is this enough? I'm not really a big morning eater unless there's an abundance of biscuits around and I'm too forgetful to split my dosage up into the daytime.

Thanks for any replies :)

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 07/03/2013 9:20 am

I don't know if there's a certain level of fat that is supposed to be ingested while on accutane, just more-so making sure you get enough for a healthy balance. Sometimes people can find taking to much olive oil as a fat substitute a little irritating on the stomach, I was in the same situation before, and I personally much rather getting my fats from Almonds, Avocado, or a tablespoon daily of flaxseed oil on a salad or something (super high in Omega 3, helps balance the inflammatory response in the body.)

I personally would recommend you get about 20-30% of your daily calories from fat, this is a fairly healthy ratio, just try to make sure you don't exceed the daily recommend amount of calories for your size, eating foods high in fats are easy to go overboard with ahaha.

Good luck with accutane, and I hope this helps (: