Notifications
Clear all

Diane 35 And Clindoxyl Gel Log (Pics)

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 07/02/2013 11:10 pm

I had moderate-severe acne during my high school days, but by university I was mostly clear except for the occasional breakout and a lot of hyperpigmentation (I'm Asian so my skin's supposedly more prone to that). I decided to go on the regimen at the beginning of this year (2013) and it worked pretty well for me until the 4th month when my skin suddenly became too sensitive to Dan's benzoyl peroxide. I still don't know why, but trust me when I say I tried EVERYTHING, assessed EVERYTHING that could've possibly "changed" and made my skin freak out, used every moisturiser/oil that was suggested to me and still no dice. Benzoyl peroxide just stopped working, which meant the regimen failed me.

Last month I started Alesse purely for contraceptive reasons - my skin was okay at that time. Not great, but I wasn't having bad breakouts or anything. From the middle of the month up until now my skin has gotten so awful and I had just run out of options. I can't imagine it being due to any other reason but Alesse because I started breaking out on my forehead which I hadn't had problems with in years.

Today's the first day of my Diane 35 pack..I know that there's a chance there's going to be a bad initial breakout but I'm really hoping it's not going to be that bad and that clindoxyl will help control it...

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 07/04/2013 5:21 pm

Day 3:

Clindoxyl works really fast - I noticed this even when I used it all those years ago, and I'm happy that it's so effective so quickly! A lot of the smaller bumps on my cheeks have disappeared/are very very small now. Some of them get washed off when I exfoliate...it's like the clindoxyl hardens it up so much so that it can just be picked off lightly. They are leaving light marks, but I don't mind them so much because they just look like hyperpigmentation, and I can worry about that when I'm clear. It's made my skin pretty red/itchy, but it hasn't been super dry because I've been moisturising a lot with Dan's moisturiser. My foreheads also a lot better now. Most of the big bumps are gone and it's just the little ones...but at least they can be covered with makeup fairly well.

As far as Diane 35 goes...I've only taken 3 pills so it's way too early to tell. I have noticed that I've been really tired lately, despite not doing much and getting a lot of sleep. I'm really used to being fatigued (just graduated lol), so it's not too much of a bother 'cause i can function pretty well when I'm dead tired. I feel like my boobs got smaller. Alesse really made my boobs bigger, but I guess I've been off of it for over a week now so my boobs are shrinking a little...plus I was only on Alesse for a month anyway.

MemberMember
(@apple-blossom)

Posted : 07/06/2013 3:18 pm

I didn't have an initial breakout when I started Diane-35 and I noticed my skin start to improve after about 4-5 months. Hope it works well for you!!

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 07/07/2013 1:07 am

@Apple Blossom: Thanks for the words of encouragement! :D

Day 5:

My right cheek is mostly clear now - still have some clogged pores but I think they will clear up in due time. I actually took a break last night from the clindoxyl because it was starting to get a little dry. I heard that you need to start off slow with the gel, plus I think my skin is still a little reactive to benzoyl peroxide. In any case, it's better today, so I'm going to reapply a little bit more today. My left cheek has a couple of pimples that are REALLY stubborn. They're getting smaller day by day, but it's almost imperceptible and they still leave a small bump/red mark, but at least they're going away. One new pimple popped up last night on my chin - possibly from hormonal influxes? I didn't really notice my skin getting bad until after 2 weeks on Alesse so it's hard to tell what kinda effects Diane 35 had on me. Forehead is looking good though :D.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 07/13/2013 9:07 am

Day 12:

I should really update with a picture soon. Almost at the end of week 2 and still no crazy breakout so I'm SERIOUSLY crossing my fingers. I don't know if it's because I've been using clindoxyl or maybe Diane is slowly starting to work, but my face is getting clearer! My forehead is a LOT better, still a lot of closed comodones, but they're relatively small. Even so, I feel like some of them have disappeared and I've been dealing with that for years (just from the sheer amount of makeup I've had to wear over the years to cover up...sigh).

I still get a new pimple every day or two days...I think it may be because I sleep on my sides a lot. I try to fall asleep on my back but I move too much when I'm asleep, so I'm not sure how to fix that other than doing my bedsheets a little more often. Left side of my cheek is still a little rough, pimples are kinda taking turns - one goes away, another one slowly starts to pop up. They definitely are not of the BAD variety though, so I'm thankful for that. The right side of my face is clearing up a lot, but I've got a lot more closed comodones there than before, possibly from the last round of BCP that I did?

Only negative side effect of Diane: sometimes I feel slightly nauseous upon ingesting the pill, and I feel like it's really increased my appetite. I'm actually underweight, so gaining weight is actually beneficial to me, but I'm also not very active, so I'm afraid that I will gain a little too much weight....gotta keep an eye on that. Things are looking good so far!! :D

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 08/08/2013 9:05 am

Wow I haven't updated in forever. I keep meaning to but I always forget by the time i get on my computer.

I am currently in Week 2 of Pack 2:

I still haven't experienced any massive breakouts. I found that the week that I was off the pill for my period, I was a little bit more susceptible to pimples... I still get them though, new ones pop up almost every other day (there's always one pimple I get on my cheek that comes back practically monthly). I'm willing to say I have a lot less bumps now, and my scars are starting to fade a little.

I feel like my skin's already become immune to clindoxyl...I might have to ask my doc for other suggestions next time I see him. Right now I'm sort of breaking out though, just a little. I'm getting tiny pimples all around the edges of my face which, as far as breakouts go I'd rather they be there because i can cover it with my hair. But it's still frustrating that they're there. My skin is noticeably less oily now! eusa_dance.gif

I've had no side effects from the pill other than bigger boobs - no complaints there! Just wish that it would clear up my acne a bit faster, but I guess like all other acne meds, it takes time, blah blah blah. :( I'm a little scared about my second month 'cause I've read that's when a lot of people experienced random breakouts and stuff..

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 08/20/2013 8:47 am

End of pack 2 (week 7?):

I was super scared my 2nd month was going to be terrible but thankfully it wasn't except for the pimples on the edges of my face. I had one or two on my chin and about 2 near my temples for some reason. I feel like I get pimples there because I work in retail so I handle a lot of money/garments that everyone's touched and even though i don't touch my face unless I wash my hands, sometimes I have to brush the hair out of my face so I end up touching my temples. Trying to correct that habit now!

My cheeks are fairly smooth, but now i just have a lot of hyperpigmentation to deal with.......

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 08/26/2013 5:51 pm

End of week 8

I seem to always have a break out at the beginning of a new pack? I've got a couple on my lower cheeks and small bumps on my chin. I have a lot of tiny bumps though, like closed pores or comedonal acne and I feel like they'll go away and then come back.

I'm skipping my period this month so I'm not sure how that'll affect my skin. I do think it's getting better but the acne that I do get is always in the same place... Am I still purging?? The bumps around my temples are really persistent and I'm wondering if it's because my hair is always covering it. Hopefully by the end of my 3rd month I'll start getting clear again... :(

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/14/2013 9:29 am

Month 4 - Day 5

So I just started my 4th pack a few days ago and I'm kind of excited because I heard for a lot of people, it's the 4th month where they really started noticing improvements in their skin. I've been a little bad this Sept though....slept in my makeup a lot because I would get home around 4-5am and just pass out. I do take it off after I wake up but still...can't be good.

I have a couple of spots that I believe are residual from my "period breakout", and also my bad make-up habits. A lot of my acne now is around my lower jawline and not so much in the middle of my cheeks anymore. It's kinda weird cause I feel like my acne is moving south...hopefully once my chin clears up it will have no where to go :D Overall I think my skin is slowly getting better. My T-zone is essentially clear, and the right side of my cheek is also clear. It's really all lower cheeks/jawline/edge of chin where I seem to be getting spots these days. It's kind of encouraging in a way, because I'm pretty sure this is hormonal acne, so I feel like Diane is working for me. My doc even told me a couple weeks ago that Diane seemed to be the right fit for me.

As far as the clindoxyl goes, it certainly doesn't work quite as quickly as it first did, but it's still effective. I think I used way too much of the gel every night earlier on in July which sort of decreased it's effectiveness, so now I'm trying to crank down how much I use nightly.

Personal goal: stop picking at my skin. I don't touch my face so much, but sometimes when I feel a pimple I'll be unconsciously picking at it until I pop it and then just keep pushing it down. Like I know that's obviously terrible for your skin but it's such a habit really.

Anyway, hoping for the best!!!

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/23/2013 8:51 am

Pack 4 - Day 14

So I realised that because I've skipped my period twice, I'm technically going 2 weeks faster...if that makes any sense. I keep updating my log as "Month _" but I started Diane in July so really I'm only approaching the end of the 3rd month.....though I don't know if that counts since I'm on my 4th PACK.......so complicated wow.

Anyway, I broke out quite a bit last week and I was getting super depressed because I counted (and I hardly ever count how many active pimples I have 'cause it depresses me) 7 active spots, not to mention the comedonal acne I still have around my lower cheeks/chin dry.png. It's also depressing because, since i'm Asian and my skin heals TERRIBLY, I always get PIH and I mean, it's better than having a ton of active spots, but it's still a pain. I guess makeup gets me through the day, but I'd just rather not have them. I need to start looking into home remedies for marks....stuff involving lemon, honey and green tea??

It's hard to say why I broke out last week...I have been spotting recently though so I think my body might just be adjusting to the hormones still. Today though, all the bumps are gone, I only have 1 spot that's healing, but everything else looks pretty good. Crossing my fingers that Diane is working! My skin does feel a lot smoother in the parts where I don't break out - my forehead, nose, upper lip, the half of my cheeks closer to my nose (lol??). I really only break out on the edges of my face and I think that's because of my hair and my pillowcases. I have a bad tendency to let my hair sort of drape around my face, just because I used to have terrible acne in my teen years and I would walk around trying to hide my face :(. I need to be braver because I KNOW my skin has improved since then and, especially with make-up on, it hardly makes a difference whether or not my hair covers my face 'cause I have nothing to hide!

Also, as far as side effects go, I only really experience:

- mild mood swings, nothing out of the ordinary tbh

- bigger boobs (that get even bigger right before my period, and slightly smaller after, but overall bigger lol)

- slight weight gain (boobs, and a bit of booty :D)

- increased appetite

- tender boobs...usually when they're about to "grow" before my period

I'm not sure how effective the clindoxyl is. I sort of use it more as a spot treatment these days for particular pimples, and then a very light layer against my comedonal acne. I feel like it certainly HELPS but it's the Diane that's doing most of the work here. Because some nights I don't even use it 'cause I forget and things are still okay so who knows!

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/02/2013 10:55 am

End of pack 4:

So I'm on the first day of my 'period week' and all I've got to say is WOW.

I've only had TWO PIMPLES from the beginning of day 15 up until today, which is when most women with hormonal acne break out. Right now I've only got one right on my jawline 'cause the other went away within 2 days.

The 4 month/pack mark really hit me by surprise. I've read a lot of logs where people say Diane usually works around 4/5 or even 6 months into it, but once it starts working you really notice a difference, and wow did I ever! I want to say that I'm basically clear, since I'm positive that the last pimple I have will be gone by tomorrow morning. I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW EXCITED I AM! I've still got tons of PIH, sure, but I've been looking into Paula's Choice products and have just been patiently waiting for my skin to clear up. And I've still got closed comedones, but I think now that I'm clear, I'm going to be able to wear less makeup, and hopefully with the use of the right products and some exfoliating, I can get rid of those!

I will keep updating this log, just to see if my skin STAYS clear or if I've just been lucky this month. I'm really scared that my skin will freak out again soon, like it did the last time I got "clear". But for anyone who's "tried almost everything" and wants to steer clear of things like Accutane, I'd highly suggest Diane 35! Honestly, after taking it for 4 months, I have NO noticeable side effects anymore, except that maybe my boobs get a little sore and their size fluctuates a little from month to month. But I don't get any moodier than I do when I wasn't on the pill (if anything I'm less PMSY), no HUGE weight gain (just like 2-3lbs), no loss of libido, no fatigue, etc. A lot of people go through initial breakouts with Diane but I never got that. At least nothing that seemed too out of the ordinary, so I was probably lucky. Plus I had a topical.

The clindoxyl is quite a great product. It's certainly not responsible for the sudden STOP in pimple formation, but it at least accelerates the getting-rid-of-it process. So consider Diane 35! And make sure you get a topical with it just in case you want to fight a nasty initial breakout.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/07/2013 12:36 am

End of pack 4 - currently day 6 of my period week

I probably spoke too soon. I had 3 small pimples pop up on my chin & jaw line. They're super tiny and non-inflammatory so I guess I'm lucky in that sense! Everything else is okay...but boy can I tell ya I'm itching to start taking the pills again! However, so far so good. I only have 1 spot that's still healing and everything else is okay. I'm wondering if I should start ordering the Paula's Choice now....hmm

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/13/2013 7:33 am

Pack 5 day 5

So I probably jinxed myself...being clear for that week and a bit gave me a bit of false hope. I'm still healing from my period week breakout which showed up near the end of my period...and I'm still getting new ones. Only like, one every 2 days, but enough to make me want to pull out my hair. SOME I've noticed are my closed comedones turning into whiteheads, which is good 'cause it means they're going away. But I've got about 2 that are just new ones to my knowledge?? And it's ALL around my lower jawline/cheek area and it's so frustrating because there's only so much I can cover up -_-.

I think maybe because I skipped my period for twice that this breakout was particularly bad... But I have read Diane 35 usually takes 4-6 months until things actually start to improve. I guess I'm going through waves of nice skin and then a breakout, then NICER skin, and then a breakout, hopefully until eventually it's just NICE SKIN. I'm probably one of those people who need a full 6 months before I start seeing results....I mean I know it's working, just wish it would work a little faster -_-

Also technically I've only been on it for just 3 months since I started in July...so I don't know if that makes a difference. I haven't actually hit the 4 "month" mark, just fast tracked the pills (not for acne-related reasons). :/

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/19/2013 10:05 am

Pack 5 day 11 I believe??

Well now that I'm halfway through the 2nd week of this pack, my period breakout is all gone, thank God. And I'm pretty sure a lot of them used to be clogged pores because parts of my skin feel a lot smoother now, no more little bumps, so yay for that! I keep wondering how much longer until I really start to see that change - people say 4-6 months...I'm technically in "month 5" but I'm still about 2 weeks from completing month 4. So I'm kind of holding onto technicalities and hoping that by the end of this month, things will really start to change for the better!

Not that it HASN'T, I don't want it to seem like I have no improvements...cause it's definitely gotten a lot better. It's just frustrating that it has so many ups and downs you know, I just want to hit an up and then PLATEAU THERE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

I'm also going to make a vow not to start any new products until I am 100% clear for at least a month because I think I try new stuff too often. Like the second I'm clear for a week I go and try something else when I should really just wait it out and see.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/23/2013 9:10 pm

Pack 5 day 16

SOOOO, once again, I feel like I am clear! We'll see what happens.... I feel like every month, after the break out around my period, my skin looks and feels better and better. A lot of my clogged pores I think have come to a head and are going away...that's mostly what my breakouts are these days. But my skin feels more or less smooth, and even my hyperpigmentation is fading! It's almost been 4 months since I've been on Diane....even though I've been through more packs than 4. Maybe it takes a while for my body to adjust to the hormones though, despite how many packs I've gone through.

Crossing my fingers! I'm skipping my period this month because I'm hopping on a plane during the week of my "period" and I HATE travelling with aunt flow so...we'll see if that'll affect my period-week breakout. I'm considering switching from clindoxyl to clindamycin phosphate....because I feel like the BP in clindoxyl still dries out my skin more than I'd like it to, and I really think it's the clindamycin that works for my skin instead of the BP.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/31/2013 12:31 pm

Pack 6 day 1

So I am skipping my period again as I am boarding a plane in 2 days, and I've been on Diane for about 4 months now! My skin...seems clear (save for the stubborn closed comedones), but I say this with baited breath as each time I think I'm clear, I start breaking out again. But like I said, with each month my skin seems to be getting better and better after whatever breakout I get, and the breakouts aren't even that severe anymore. I will say that the PIH seems to be getting lighter - I don't know if this is because of Diane, clindoxyl, or just because my acne isn't as bad now so there are no new marks that mask the old ones?

I want to give this pill the full 6 months - as in all the way up until the end of this year, regardless of the number of packs i actually go through because I think it's more about the time that my body takes to adjust as opposed to the amount of hormones I am putting in. I am still hopeful, because it does seem to be working, but until I am clear for at least for 2 weeks, I will say that it hasn't cleared my skin completely.

Also, as far as side effects go now, at this point I don't really have any. My boobs have stopped growing as much every month which I'm sad about :( haha. I get the occasional boob tenderness, but I literally have no other side effects. And I've gained about 5lbs in the last 4 months, but considering that I'm travelling, I feel like the weight gain probably has nothing to do with the pill itself.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 11/06/2013 10:19 am

Pack 6 day 9

Skin is so so. I ran out of clindoxyl though, and have been too lazy to get it represcribed...but I think I might have to because the couple of spots that I do have are really stubborn. I've been using 5% BP that I used to use a lot and it keeps it kind of under control, but definitely doesn't work as well as the clindoxyl. But like I said, I plan on getting clindamycin phosphate and see what that'll do for me as far as controlling surface spots.

I am just barely past 4 months of being on Diane now, but halfway through pack 6. I wonder if skipping my period randomly like this is affecting my skin, because it's not like I have a routine as far as skipping my period goes. It just always lands on inconvenient times for me. Hoping that by December things will look up. I didn't break out that terribly this month but....I will not lie, it is slightly discouraging that it's taking so long. But I've had persistent acne for years now, it'd take a miracle for it to clear up that fast. sad.png

EYES ON THE PRIZE

EDIT: As far as side effects go, I don't know why I didn't pick up on this earlier, but I think I'm losing my hair than usual, which I heard is a fairly common side effect? My hair falls out a LOT to begin with (dyed it a lot in the past, dry, don't condition it enough, genetics??, etc.) so maybe that's why I haven't noticed. And for a while it fell out a lot just because it was dry as grass due to copious amounts of hair dye. But I've stopped damaging my hair so much and it got better...but I notice a lot of hairs fall out in the shower/when I'm drying my hair. It's not an alarming amount, and I've got quite a bit of hair, but for anyone who's curious to know.... Otherwise BOOBS!

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 11/13/2013 1:18 am

Halfway through pack 6 (been on Diane for ~4.5 months now)

My skin broke out kinda bad after my plane ride, as it usually does. They're very STUBBORN though, but I think that might be because i have resorted to using BP as a topical since i ran out of clindoxyl and have not had the time to see my doc for a renewal. My marks do seem to be fading and I think I'm making progress - just very slowly. Also I think this lack of topical all of a sudden that I've also used for 4 months is the reason why my break out lasted for longer than it normally does.

Also I should mention I am on the generic form of Diane...was wondering if I should ask for the brand version next time. Does it really make a difference though?

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 11/13/2013 9:49 pm

I was worried about taking a generic form too. I'm on something called Teva-Cyproterone. But I compared the ingredients and they are practically the same, the only difference is the shape of them and the ingredients for colour. But maybe there is a difference in the amounts? I know it is meant for the same purpose, though (acne) so I'm guessing the generic is fine.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 11/16/2013 10:46 am

I was worried about taking a generic form too. I'm on something called Teva-Cyproterone. But I compared the ingredients and they are practically the same, the only difference is the shape of them and the ingredients for colour. But maybe there is a difference in the amounts? I know it is meant for the same purpose, though (acne) so I'm guessing the generic is fine.

I think the only differences in ingredients are the accessory...chemical I guess that are a part of the complex (Idk I'm not in pharmaceuticals haha)?? But I asked my doctor and he said he just writes Diane on the prescription and it's up to the pharmacist to give you whatever, but it should still be the same. Thanks smile.png

Pack 6 Day 18

So I'm still about 4.5 months into the pill. Yet again, I feel like my skin is really smooth and the texture is nice, despite the PIH. But I go through this every month and then get discouraged when I start to break out again. But like I said, I feel like it gets better and better after every bad breakout, and even those breakouts are less and less severe. I'm hesitant to try and treat my PIH with AHA because I'm not sure if a) the AHA will cause an initial break out (though I think if I work it into my moisturiser super slowly, I can avoid that and my skin can adjust) b) my acne isn't actually under control (since I still seem to have regular breakouts) and I want to make sure that is 100% done before I even bother with hyperpigmentation and c) I burned my face last time I used it because I upped the dosages much too fast.

I also switched from clindoxyl to clindamycin phosphate. I was prescribed the liquid form that you sorta dab onto your face? I'm not really used to it especially since I've always just used a gel topical. Today's my first day using it so I'm not sure what to expect. I assume it will still be effective since clindoxyl works for me. I switched because the BP has been drying out my skin a lot (I know because I used to use only BP and that was a disaster). It did sting a little during the application.

My doc asked me if I wanted to go for an oral antibiotic like minocycline. I thought about it, but I also don't think my active acne is that severe - it's mostly just red marks that I don't think antibiotics will help fade? I do have clogged pores, but I was just considering Paula's Choice 2% BHA in the future to get rid of those. It seems unnecessary to take an oral antibiotic. Plus I'm already taking Diane...it just seems like a very aggressive treatment for the kind of acne I have. Is it worth it? Do I really need an oral and topical antibiotic in addition to (arguably) the best BCP for acne???

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 11/16/2013 8:10 pm

I don't think you'd need an antibiotic. I'm still taking one (somewhat irregularly) in addition to Diane. Bascially I think it is still useful for me because I have these really persistant cysts in my cheeks that kind of fill in around certain times of the month. But if you have none of those I don't think you'd need it. Antibiotics are really weird, you know? Like they are a strange thing to prescribe for acne because they are totally just a bandaid in most cases. I'm trying to wean off them and rely on Diane alone since I know my acne's hormonal. If anything I'd go for a topical antibiotic, less invasive and probably more useful in the long run..

How red is your PIH? Mine was ridiculous and is now just pink (but still super obvious , ugh). Anyway, I really love acne.org AHA because it didn't make me breakout and it's gentle and basically replaces my nighttime moisturiser... I do think it is helping with marks and it makes everything nice and smooth.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 11/17/2013 12:15 pm

I don't think you'd need an antibiotic. I'm still taking one (somewhat irregularly) in addition to Diane. Bascially I think it is still useful for me because I have these really persistant cysts in my cheeks that kind of fill in around certain times of the month. But if you have none of those I don't think you'd need it. Antibiotics are really weird, you know? Like they are a strange thing to prescribe for acne because they are totally just a bandaid in most cases. I'm trying to wean off them and rely on Diane alone since I know my acne's hormonal. If anything I'd go for a topical antibiotic, less invasive and probably more useful in the long run..

How red is your PIH? Mine was ridiculous and is now just pink (but still super obvious , ugh). Anyway, I really love acne.org AHA because it didn't make me breakout and it's gentle and basically replaces my nighttime moisturiser... I do think it is helping with marks and it makes everything nice and smooth.

Yeah I think an antibiotic would be too much and the initial breakout would probably make things worse. Do you know of any other topical antibiotics outside of clindamycin?

And I would say my PIH is sort of like a dark, dull red. It's not very bright except for right at the beginning. Eventually it gets darker and the sides start to fade. They're fading pretty well on their own to be honest, but it's just because I have so much that it looks like a lot. I burned my face with dan's AHA once because I used way too much so now I'm a little hesitant lol :( but I'm starting to add some AHA into my moisturiser at night this week and I'm gonna do it right this time. :)

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 11/17/2013 12:54 pm

Yeah I think an antibiotic would be too much and the initial breakout would probably make things worse. Do you know of any other topical antibiotics outside of clindamycin?

And I would say my PIH is sort of like a dark, dull red. It's not very bright except for right at the beginning. Eventually it gets darker and the sides start to fade. They're fading pretty well on their own to be honest, but it's just because I have so much that it looks like a lot. I burned my face with dan's AHA once because I used way too much so now I'm a little hesitant lol sad.png but I'm starting to add some AHA into my moisturiser at night this week and I'm gonna do it right this time. smile.png

No, I don't know of any.. sorry.

Yeah, some of my oldest ones almost seem to be a brownish colour, a little darker than my natural skin tone. I'm hoping they're on their way out!

I wish I could see more improvement in mine but I think I just check it way too often so nothing seems different week to week. Anyway, in certain lights it is hardly visible so I guess that is something of an improvement.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 11/19/2013 2:22 am

End of pack 6, 4.5 months of Diane!

So..............my skin is looking pretty good................and I'm scared I'm jinxing myself again LOL. I get SCARED when I feel like I'm clear cause I'm getting sick of this cycle. But I'm hoping that I've been on it long enough for things to STAY good.

Anyway, I've been using the clindamycin phosphate liquid and...I dunno, it seems ok? I also don't have any active spots at the moment so I just used it on my closed comedones, or spots that feel like they might turn into zits or something. I started incorporating a bit of AHA into my moisturiser at night, about a little less than half. I am willing to stick with this for months if it means I can see the results that I want to see. Ideally I'd like to see an improvement by January - would be a nice way to ring in the near year!

I don't think I will be going for antibiotics, unless for whatever reason, my acne suddenly worsens (knock on wood!!!). I'm not sure what I should do about my clogged pores though. I was thinking about Paula's Choice BHA...but between clindamycin phosphate, AHA, and the occasional benzoyl peroxide for spot treatment, I wouldn't know where to incorporate the BHA, and I would also feel like I'm just putting way too much STUFF on my face, y'know?

I should also mention that I am skipping my period this month...and will likely be skipping it the next few times. I am planning to have 4 periods per year because it's just so much easier! I hate getting my period, and as far as I know, it's perfectly safe. :D

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 11/28/2013 1:52 am

1 week until 5 months of being on Diane...

Honestly, here's the main reason why I keep breaking out still: I am sleeping with my make up on a lot more than I should...but I sleep over at my boyfriend's so often that I can't go to bed with at least something to cover it up. So I know I'm delaying my own progress *sigh*. But I'm trying to wear less and less.

Also I started using AHA at night, half and half with my moisturiser, for about 4x/week. I've been using it for 1.5 weeks now I guess? I think I just got over my initial breakout, but it seems like it's working. Honestly sometimes it feels like I have so much PIH that it's hard to really tell if they're fading or not.

Not much else to update. I guess the texture of my skin is improving slowly? I have been SOOOOOOOOOOO patient with Diane that I'm sort of at my limit now. It's not to say that it's not working, but I guess I'm really not doing my skin any favours. SADJFSLDFJ maybe I should just stop sleeping over so much 'cause there's no way around that.