Notifications
Clear all

Sudden Itchy Red Skin Which Left Red Uneven Skin,zit And Bumpy Skin(Feels Like Underskin Red Cyst When Touched) .with Pictures.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/02/2013 10:16 am

last night one this place itched a lil' and became red (looked inflammed).i applied some faceclin gel(clindamycin + nicotinamdie gel) and next morning seemed alright.
just a lil' irritated but still alright.
but this evening, the same place again started getting itchy and went red and the area seemed raised and bumpy.
faceclin gel applied again this time.
but the itchiness and redness remained for longer time.
finally it left bump red skin which when touched feels like a underskin cyst forming but covering a area larger than usual zit/cyst.
its also left a zit which has a tiny white head(pus).
the area looks red and irritated.
but causes no severe problem except for slight itchiness sometimes but i'd say its almost negligible.
i will continue to apply faceclin twice day as usual.i am scared to use bp for further irritation.
honestly, it doesnt look like simple acne to me.
could be dermatitis of some sort(as told to me by CBIOT13) but i am clueless as to how it happened and how i should treat it now.
i am not in hurry to heal it in 2 days or anything like that but i wanna get rid of the redness which is bothering.
also,i would be thankful if i get any suggestion on prevention or treatment.
my camera sucks and the lightening too is bad.
and its hard to make out anything from this but still an idea
post-200657-0-86546600-1372778126.jpg
notes:
i keep a food diary and i have traced back with no realisation.i haven't had anything unusual at all.
i haven't started anything new topically.
i apply faceclin and use saslic face wash(twice) daily as usual.
i am noticing one zit on the lower cheek(same side) and also bumps,whiteheads/clogged pores etc on my hairline or lower chin of late.although i was almost clear for some good time now.
i must admit am psychologically effected pretty badly as this is anyway a bad time for me for personal reasons.

post-200657-0-86546600-1372778126.jpg

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 07/02/2013 11:15 am

Don't let no small frustration ever bring you down no no no no :) .Just take a situation and turn it all aroundddd! With the new attitude everything can change .Make it how you want it to be.Stayin Mad? why do that.Give yourself a break.Laugh about and you'll see :). Life's what you make it so let's make it rock!

Can't give much technical advise on that pic.But i humm this song when i have breakouts to avoid stress. :)

(I'm not a Hannah Montana fan ).

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/02/2013 12:19 pm

Could it be a bug bite? Try calamine lotion

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/02/2013 1:05 pm

Could it be a bug bite? Try calamine lotion

hey

no,its not.

no bugs.

i'd be pleased if it was.lol.

but its something that seems chronic.

i've had on and off itchy patches but they go away within 10-15 minutes or so and leave tiniest bump or so.

but this time its so upsetting to see so much specially when i am already suffering personally.

Don't let no small frustration ever bring you down no no no no smile.png .Just take a situation and turn it all aroundddd! With the new attitude everything can change .Make it how you want it to be.Stayin Mad? why do that.Give yourself a break.Laugh about and you'll see smile.png. Life's what you make it so let's make it rock!

Can't give much technical advise on that pic.But i humm this song when i have breakouts to avoid stress. smile.png

(I'm not a Hannah Montana fan ).

thank u.

i dance to relax.it really does help me.

i am not much of a music person.

i know sounds strange but i can dance without music and still feel relaxed.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/02/2013 1:28 pm

a study:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/neurodermatitis/DS00712/DSECTION=symptoms

a related thread:

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/02/2013 1:30 pm

Yea that's a form of dermatitis again. Sometimes you just cannot figure out what the trigger was, and sometimes it could have just been random. It should go away within a day or two, you could just try to cover it up with some milk of magnesia or makeup until the redness subsides. If it is dermatitis, it's basically a mild allergic reaction and you can't do much with it.

And it is barely noticeable even in a close up picture; don't let it bother you too much smile.png You actually have pretty nice skin based on what I've seen in the pictures you've posted in a previous thread.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/02/2013 1:50 pm

Definitely don't mess with it, just try to let it be and it'll go away on it's own.

And here's some reading material for you on facial dermatitis.

http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/contact-dermatitis/

http://www.newswise.com/articles/contact-dermatitis-sometimes-its-in-your-face

The links say that it takes 1-2 weeks for it to go away, but I disagree; I have seen with myself and friends who've had it that it usually takes a few hours to a couple days at the most.

They also recommend using hydrocortisone cream but I would stay away from that. It is a mild steroid, and you don't want to put a steroid on your face unless directed by a doctor.

But again, it's nothing to worry about. I just got it on my forearm yesterday from a bag of lawn fertilizer I was carrying (summer job). It itches, it's annoying as hell, but it goes away in a little while.

You could always try an anti-histamine like benadryl if it's really bothersome.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/03/2013 6:06 am

the itchiness stopped after sometime that evening and only itches slightly now and then but nothing big.

what is bad is that its left what seems like 2-3 cysts(swollen) that whole area is hard and swollen like a cyst under the dermis.

and its red.

the zits/bumps which are red and are around this swollen place.

this has never happened before.

it usually leaves a small bump or a big whitehead like thing.

the redness and the swollen thingy is bothering.

i know the picture is calm but it's quite bad to look at.

i wont put make up on such a irritated place even if i look bad.i am just scared abt it.

all am doing is applying faceclin gel twice/thrice .hoping the nicotinamide would help the redness and infection if any.

not even bp on the zits.

dnt wanna make them redder or anything.

i was wandering if u know anything about such cyst forming underskin after dermititis?

also, any idea if they'd be okay within a week or so(i have an important work)

will applying ice once or twice a day do any good?

thanks for ur help CBIOT13 and everyone.

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/03/2013 8:44 am

Hydrocortisone cream can calm your skin down. It's inexpensive and over the counter.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/03/2013 1:40 pm

my whole right cheek went all red,itchy and swollen/raised in places today.

it started with one part of the right cheek(near the place already effected) and i applied ice(wrapped in a cloth) hoping it would help.am not whether its the fact i iced the whole right cheek or whatever but the whole area went swollen,red and itchy.

i have no idea how and why.

why just on the right cheek i wonder,what could be the allergen ,if any at all!

i am not sure it is stress(neurodermititis) because although i was a lil' low since morning.

i only ,well cried after i noticed it this evening.

i cant believe i am saying this online but with all thats going in my personal,professional and now physically..i did feel suicidal.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/03/2013 1:57 pm

can i use syrups which has dextromethorphan hydrobromide,chlorpheniramine maleate,

or chlorpheniramine maleate & noscapine,ammnium chloride,sodium citrate.
will they do any good?
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/03/2013 5:23 pm

Aanabill, on this website we place a lot of focus on our skin, It is great in many ways for helping us find tips, support, and information on the various skin issues we have. But at the same time, it can cause many to place an unnecessary amount of self worth just on the status of their skin.

We all need to remember that at the end of the day, a zit is just a zit; redness is just skin pigment; and scars are normal unless you live in a bubble. When we focus on our skin all day long we place too much significance on these things. It happens to everyone, it's normal, but just take note of it when you feel depressed about your skin.

The condition of your skin does not determine your personality, it does not forbid us from making meaningful relationships, and it does not determine your fate.

As long as we have a pulse we have the opportunity to enjoy the time that has been given to us; so don't let something as trivial as your skin affect you. It's the hand you were dealt; take it, own it, and make the most of it because we all only get one chance.

Regardless of how bad your skin looks, the sun will still come up when you wake in the morning.

Hopefully some of what I said can help put things into perspective for you. I never like to hear about people feeling seriously depressed about their skin because at the end of the day it's just that; skin.

----------

If you feel that it is getting serious, just go see a doctor. I would recommend using an anti-histamine for 1-2 days, then if it doesn't clear up get professional advice. I do not know what those chemicals you mentioned are, but just google them and check if they are an anti-histamine.

But remember no matter how frustrating things seem, we always have options. It's our job to take a deep breath and find it.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/04/2013 3:30 am

chlorpheniramine maleate, is a first-generation alkylamine antihistamine used in the prevention of the symptoms of allergic conditions such as rhinitis and urticaria.

in cough syrup i have.

CBIOT13 i admit i was too stressed about my skin but it also has a lot to do with my personal life.

i am sick of feeling so depressed and suicidal and it does screw my mental health.

thank u for ur support.

i will just bother u once more,

i was wandering if u know anything about such cyst forming underskin after dermititis?

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 07/04/2013 9:48 am

Don't let all the problems (personal,professional and skin) affect you at once.The pressure would be too much to gauge effectively.The trick is to deal with one problem at a time.And since you are a student ,try focusing more on your studies rather than stressing over your skin because again ,stressing won't make it better.

Try meditation when you think things are getting out of your control.Dance to DE-stress which i'm sure you must already be doing.

Don't be distraught.I know things get ridiculously bad when there are a lot of bad things in combination with your bad skin.But we can't really help it by stressing.Like i have bad skin and currently i'm stressed over shifting in my apartment and getting my things set.But i have been observing that sleeping well WORKS :) .So sleep well and sleep on time.

At the end of the day skin is just skin.Like CBIOT13 said.Don't let it usurp your life and happiness :)

And ,yes ice or even icy water does wonders to me.It reduces the swelling remarkably.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/04/2013 1:45 pm

Don't let all the problems (personal,professional and skin) affect you at once.The pressure would be too much to gauge effectively.The trick is to deal with one problem at a time.And since you are a student ,try focusing more on your studies rather than stressing over your skin because again ,stressing won't make it better.

Try meditation when you think things are getting out of your control.Dance to DE-stress which i'm sure you must already be doing.

Don't be distraught.I know things get ridiculously bad when there are a lot of bad things in combination with your bad skin.But we can't really help it by stressing.Like i have bad skin and currently i'm stressed over shifting in my apartment and getting my things set.But i have been observing that sleeping well WORKS smile.png .So sleep well and sleep on time.

At the end of the day skin is just skin.Like CBIOT13 said.Don't let it usurp your life and happiness smile.png

And ,yes ice or even icy water does wonders to me.It reduces the swelling remarkably.

thanks bhai!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/04/2013 2:12 pm

chlorpheniramine maleate, is a first-generation alkylamine antihistamine used in the prevention of the symptoms of allergic conditions such as rhinitis and urticaria.

in cough syrup i have.

CBIOT13 i admit i was too stressed about my skin but it also has a lot to do with my personal life.

i am sick of feeling so depressed and suicidal and it does screw my mental health.

thank u for ur support.

Well if the medicine is an anti-histamine it might work; whenever I have an allergic reaction I take a dedicated anti-histamine product, so I don't know about an anti-histamine in cough syrup.

Yes some icing wouldn't hurt. If the cyst is swollen, painful, or tender, then icing will have the greatest effect. Otherwise it might not do anything. Just be careful not to ice for too long and to use some sort of barrier so the ice isn't in direct contact with your skin.

It probably isn't a cyst though. From what I've read, dermatitis sometimes comes with a red, raised, rough patch/spot around where the itching is. I wouldn't fuss with it too much, and it should be gone or at least greatly minimized in a few days :)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/07/2013 2:06 pm

in cough syrup i have.

thank u for ur support.

Well if the medicine is an anti-histamine it might work; whenever I have an allergic reaction I take a dedicated anti-histamine product, so I don't know about an anti-histamine in cough syrup.

Yes some icing wouldn't hurt. If the cyst is swollen, painful, or tender, then icing will have the greatest effect. Otherwise it might not do anything. Just be careful not to ice for too long and to use some sort of barrier so the ice isn't in direct contact with your skin.

It probably isn't a cyst though. From what I've read, dermatitis sometimes comes with a red, raised, rough patch/spot around where the itching is. I wouldn't fuss with it too much, and it should be gone or at least greatly minimized in a few days smile.png

benedryl is here is a cough syrup?

if u have one,could u state its anti-histamine ingredient?

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 07/07/2013 4:57 pm

in cough syrup i have.

thank u for ur support.

It probably isn't a cyst though. From what I've read, dermatitis sometimes comes with a red, raised, rough patch/spot around where the itching is. I wouldn't fuss with it too much, and it should be gone or at least greatly minimized in a few days smile.png

Benadryl is an allergy medication in pill form and it contains the first-gen antihistamine called diphenhydramine. That chlorpheniramine maleate antihistamine is also available in pill form. I frequently use it to reduce allergy symptoms that I get. It is the only antihistamine that seems to work for me without causing drowsiness. It is quite inexpensive too....you can even buy it on Amazon. I would not recommend using lots of cough syrup just to get the antihistamine benefits. Those syrups contain other stuff that you shouldn't be taking on a long term basis. Try not to stress out about your skin....I know it is easier said than done. I have found that stressing about the skin simply makes it get worse, a vicious cycle for sure.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/07/2013 5:45 pm

Yep torquemonster nailed it. His info is correct.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/08/2013 1:15 am

in cough syrup i have.

thank u for ur support.

Benadryl is an allergy medication in pill form and it contains the first-gen antihistamine called diphenhydramine. That chlorpheniramine maleate antihistamine is also available in pill form. I frequently use it to reduce allergy symptoms that I get. It is the only antihistamine that seems to work for me without causing drowsiness. It is quite inexpensive too....you can even buy it on Amazon. I would not recommend using lots of cough syrup just to get the antihistamine benefits. Those syrups contain other stuff that you shouldn't be taking on a long term basis. Try not to stress out about your skin....I know it is easier said than done. I have found that stressing about the skin simply makes it get worse, a vicious cycle for sure.

Yep torquemonster nailed it. His info is correct.

thank u guys.

i'll find out if i get it at the near by medical store and just keep it handy!

and yes, i am trying to not stress about my skin or other problems!

thanks once again!

MemberMember
(@sherry10)

Posted : 09/20/2013 1:53 pm

Hi,

I think i have a similar condition... Did something help u .. Pls share with me..